List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this is a myth we’ve been telling ourselves. Our cattle has never matched it against the best teams which I think has mainly been due to not investing in quality defenders for a decade or our rucks for large periods.
We beat West Coast in the minor round in 2017. We beat Richmond in the minor round in 2020. We beat the Bulldogs (twice!) in the minor round in 2021. We beat the Giants in the minor round in 2023.

We beat West Coast in the minor round in 2017. We beat Richmond in the minor round in 2020. We beat the Bulldogs (twice!) in the minor round in 2021. We beat the Giants in the minor round in 2023.

Just goes to show the problem is mental and/or coaching

Yep, from the Hinkley stats thread:
We've lost our last 5 knockout finals.
4/5 at home.
We'd beaten all those sides in our last game against them.

We were 1-1 in the minor round against the Bulldogs in 2021. And the home game was one that this board constantly talked about as a "game was over at quarter time" match.

Despite the fact that we actually hit the lead in the second quarter.

I would add McCallum to that list.

Walsh did some good work in the trial ... He might surprise you!
Yeah, McCallum was good last year early and spoken about very positively.

If he can hold some fitness and form I could see him being given a few games. Also from an investment standpoint, if it came down to 3-5 games into McCallum or 3-5 games into Clurey at the back end of the year I hope we gift him a couple to ‘bump’ up the compensation we may get back from future Tasmania team if he/they decide to head down that path.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back