Sports Lying to women about what you do...

Remove this Banner Ad

I like firemen - but if you're going to lie about it at least look the part. Firemen are one of the few professions who live up to their reputation (well, physically anyway) and it would be nice to keep it that way.

lol you guys know we can usually tell right? Obviously, being a football fan means the whole "I'm a footballer" thing doesnt work on me, but Ive had guys tell me theyre in bands and stuff and i usually go along with it for a laugh, but its generally pretty obvious.

Haha yep. I once had a guy come up to me out one night just after the draft and say, 'My friend just got drafted!' To which I asked what his name was and he replied with a name I hadn't heard so I said, 'No he didn't!' And they didn't have a lot to say after that :p

Not exactly used to pick up women but anyway my brother and I had the idea of advertising in the newspaper for professional foosball lessons.

Get some shirts made up with something like WA State foosball team on it and see if anybody would respond.

Haha I do think though if someone told me a completely random job like the stickers on oranges guy, I'd give him enough credit to keep the story going.

There ya go boys, it ****in works.

Architect
Marine Biologist

"Hi, I'm George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents".

either of these would work :D

lol you guys know we can usually tell right? Obviously, being a football fan means the whole "I'm a footballer" thing doesnt work on me, but Ive had guys tell me theyre in bands and stuff and i usually go along with it for a laugh, but its generally pretty obvious. .

I've had the footballer one a few times.

One boy (he looked about 17) told me (on draft day) he was Marc Murphy. he turned bright red after i told him that he used that line on possibly the one girl in here that actually watched the draft ...

My experience tends to be that most guys have something that hooks girls in their background, however trivial, you just have to push the right angle. Girls get more interested about the fact I worked as a ski instructor a couple of times in my uni holidays than what I actually studied at uni (or, y'know, my actual career). You don't have to lie, you just have to play up the right stuff - even if its insignificant.

TLDR: Girls are weird.

m very similar build and look of Lance Franklin, its worked couple times, When we get that far i say aww i play football and they think they catch on, want autographs, quite funny when you find a gullible one

I like firemen - but if you're going to lie about it at least look the part. Firemen are one of the few professions who live up to their reputation (well, physically anyway) and it would be nice to keep it that way.

Wrong! As a paramedic we share a station with the firies and I assure you the majority are 40-something overweight greying men who stay in the job because it's generally pretty cruisy for decent coin. There are health requirements to meet when entering the job but once you're in there's no ongoing fitness requirements.

I like firemen - but if you're going to lie about it at least look the part.

This guy looks the part I reckon...

Fireman-020c%20(Custom).jpg

:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like most kinds of shiftwork, firefighting and policing takes a heavy toll on your fitness unless you're pretty committed to keeping in shape.

Personally I think a lot of these jobs should have stricter ongoing fitness requirements, and some paid gym time included in their work week. I dont particularly want the fireman who's going to drag my unconscious body out of a burning building to have a coronary midway.

Like most kinds of shiftwork, firefighting and policing takes a heavy toll on your fitness unless you're pretty committed to keeping in shape.

Personally I think a lot of these jobs should have stricter ongoing fitness requirements, and some paid gym time included in their work week. I dont particularly want the fireman who's going to drag my unconscious body out of a burning building to have a coronary midway.

Why? They let 50kg chicks become cops nowadays, no real reason to keep in shape if a 50kg chick can meet the physical requirements.

Why? They let 50kg chicks become cops nowadays, no real reason to keep in shape if a 50kg chick can meet the physical requirements.
I'm not saying they need to be ripped and ready to go 12 rounds with Iron Mike, just in semi-decent physical shape for what's primarily a physical job.

I've seen plenty of firefighters who are one Big Mac away from a heart attack, and plenty of cops who'd be hard pressed to run 100 metres.

Yeah, but I'm talking about being specifically paid to spend (say) half an hour a shift in the gym (or whatever). Make it a condition of employment.

I've got a mate who's a police officer and I'm pretty sure he said they get to work out for free at a gym as part of their normal work hours. Not sure if it is compulsory but going by a few Wiggum type cops you see getting around I'm guessing it isn't.

Wrong! As a paramedic we share a station with the firies and I assure you the majority are 40-something overweight greying men who stay in the job because it's generally pretty cruisy for decent coin. There are health requirements to meet when entering the job but once you're in there's no ongoing fitness requirements.

Fair point. Though in my experience, having recently dated a fiery, they are all amazingly good looking. But then again i only met his mates as opposed to his bosses and whatnots...

Oh well, i still love them!

I've got a mate who's a police officer and I'm pretty sure he said they get to work out for free at a gym as part of their normal work hours. Not sure if it is compulsory but going by a few Wiggum type cops you see getting around I'm guessing it isn't.

Oooh, I don't like cops. Actually not many of my friends do either. They're great and all when you get pulled over for speeding (thank god they're like all male!), but when it comes to picking up its kinda a turn off.

Also i don't understand the tradie fascination. I know a lot of boys who use it when picking up, but the only ones i've ever met are creepy and pull up next to you in cars offering a ride (as innocent as this may be, rapist will always spring to mind), or whisper "f**k you're sexy, want to do something later?" or similar when out grocery shopping. over it!

The appeal with tradies is that they're well built, sure you can lie about being a tradie but it's hardly the job title that's appealing. If you've got a well built body to begin with, it's a pointless lie.

A question in a slighly different direction, but i'm curious,..

Are there certain jobs from a male perspective which are dealbreakers or alternatively a done deal for females?

The appeal with tradies is that they're well built, sure you can lie about being a tradie but it's hardly the job title that's appealing. If you've got a well built body to begin with, it's a pointless lie.

A question in a slighly different direction, but i'm curious,..

Are there certain jobs from a male perspective which are dealbreakers or alternatively a done deal for females?
Cashiers.

He's right - they are allowed 3 hours per week to use the gym (as part of their normal working hours)

Haha yep. I once had a guy come up to me out one night just after the draft and say, 'My friend just got drafted!' To which I asked what his name was and he replied with a name I hadn't heard so I said, 'No he didn't!' And they didn't have a lot to say after that :p

lol, we did that after a friend actually did get drafted.

The girl - who was a stunner and way out of my league - just looked blank and said, "drafted to what?" :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back