Scandal Lyon and Brownless

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is life in the asylum? My wife is pretty crazy too but two young kids and another on the way can do that.

Just out of curiosity, how do you diagnose a 2 year old with mental illness? If your kids were anything like men they were barely talking.
For the record my kids are autistic, those who know my posting history will know this is not something made up just to comment on this story like some have suggested.

I vaguely remember some who looked a bit like Bill out at Club A in Perth, back in the day, (jugs of illusion anyone?) and he appeared to be attempting to trap some young ladies and appeared to succeed with one. Now he's the poor lamb?

Illusion jugs?

Awesome.

This whole thing really shows how buddy and the swans have managed to keep his issues private. Gary lyons "mental health issues" lasted a day before it was all revealed

Hawks/the AFL were keeping Franklin's issues quiet long before he went to the Swans, the guy is basically untouchable for obvious reasons.. Not even the same thing.

I don't lack an understanding of the issue, correct me if I'm wrong here. Garry has done the dirty on a mate with his former wife, as a result his long term friendship with that mate is now ruined along with the relationship with his own family. Now all of this has been made public if surfaces that Garry has a serious mental issue and needs time away from the spotlight to deal with said issue.

Now he might have an actual problem, he might not I don't really know and I don't really care either way, what I do care about and am getting sick of reading about is how every time a celebrity or sports star stuffs up its that they have a mental health issue and need time and space to deal with the issue. To me that is wrong if these people don't actually have a real issue. I mean it's amazing how we see celebrities and sports stars who have used mental health issues as an excuse come back within 6-12 months like nothing has happened. Sorry but it doesn't work like that, you don't suffer severe mental issues like they claim for only 6-12 months, it's a constant battle, you just have to see how Mitch Clark still struggles. But hey what would I know I've only been battling it for close to 6 years, watched my wife battle it for nearly 10 and my sister for nearly 20 years.
And again you refer to yours as if it's the only way. Does it matter how long you've dealt with it? Not at all. I've seen people struggle with issues yet open up to someone and almost move on seamlessly from that point. I've seen people never get over it and struggle their whole lives. You don't get to decided how mental health issues do and don't work. Having dealt with things doesn't make you a judge of how things work in mental health.

You're basically a mental health hipster. "Oh those celebrities can't have issues. It doesn't work that way. I'd know I've dealt with it much longer than them"

For the record my kids are autistic, those who know my posting history will know this is not something made up just to comment on this story like some have suggested.
My cousins been dealing with schizophrenia for most of his life. Should I ask him about garry Lyon? By your logic he's an expert

I am thinking Gary has had issues for a while when you piece everything together, anxiety, panic attacks, Coke, marriage ending etc

Seems either the issues lead to drugs or vice verse and now he has been caught out big time he may actually begin seeking help he needs.

It doesn't have to be either mental health or he has committed a low act, in this case I think it's both

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. Let's not all jump to the conclusion that Gary is evil and Billy is innocent. Relationships are complex things. Sometimes you find yourself falling for somebody against all logic. If Bill and Nicki have been history for a while, she was always going to move on. In that circumstance, as far as his ex-wife goes, it doesn't matter who she moves on with - she's gone. Whilst it's a bitter pill to swallow when your close friend gets involved with your ex, it's hardly a rare thing to happen. It happens everywhere, I've seen it. The best you can hope for is that a bit of time passes after the break up so you know it's really over. Beyond that, too bad. If Gary and Nicky are really into each other, by keeping them apart it would be like owning his ex-wife and his friend. We don't own people. Maybe Bill should ponder more than just the betrayal stuff and think about what sort of husband he was that resulted in her wanting to leave him.

As far as the whole "Bros before Hos" things goes, it's really a myth. If you get intoxicated by a woman, you will go against any bro-code. It doesn't matter how high and mighty you are. Love, sex and attraction trumps mateship. It just does. Anyone who denies that just hasn't been in that circumstance. I haven't fallen for a mate's ex either, but I'm realistic enough to know that if I was totally smitten, I might not be able to resist. And, like I said, you don't own people. I had a shocking breakup with a girl once where it killed me to see her with anyone else, but eventually I made friends with her new boyfriend and now I couldn't care less. If they are happy, good for them. I'm happy with somebody else now anyway, and we have a daughter now. Hanging on to people is unhealthy and unrealistic.

Don't sook too much Billy, you played a part in the breakdown of your marriage too.
Agree with most of that but dont bring 'love' into it. 99% likelihood it was straight banging.
No doubt the fat lecherous flog Billy has banged a few girls in his time.
Id say its all coke fueled sex .
It is also simply despicable to play the 'leave me alone/mental illness card'. This is a slap in the face and disrespectful to all those with real mental health issues. All the education, good work and sympathy built up in the community for mental health should not be wasted and squandered on celebs who have simply acted up and got caught out doing something wrong and are 'feeling bad' about it.
Many people have mental health issues through no fault of their own (e.g child sexual abuse). So sorry but Lyon can go and eff himself.

And again you refer to yours as if it's the only way. Does it matter how long you've dealt with it? Not at all. I've seen people struggle with issues yet open up to someone and almost move on seamlessly from that point. I've seen people never get over it and struggle their whole lives. You don't get to decided how mental health issues do and don't work. Having dealt with things doesn't make you a judge of how things work in mental health.

You're basically a mental health hipster. "Oh those celebrities can't have issues. It doesn't work that way. I'd know I've dealt with it much longer than them"

just stop mate. you're coming off like a massive douche now

i cant imagine anything tougher than dealing with two young autistic kids

my sons pre-primary teacher thought our kid was autistic due to hand flapping and loving thomas the tank engine, school psych cleared him and he's hard enough to deal with

I am thinking Gary has had issues for a while when you piece everything together, anxiety, panic attacks, Coke, marriage ending etc

Seems either the issues lead to drugs or vice verse and now he has been caught out big time he may actually begin seeking help he needs.

It doesn't have to be either mental health or he has committed a low act, in this case I think it's both
I can probably buy that. Probably a life spiraled out of control by partying, drugs, egos and the unreality of life being a celeb in the entertainment business.
Probably drinking his own bathwater as well. Either way its a long way to fall.

just stop mate. you're coming off like a massive douche now

i cant imagine anything tougher than dealing with two young autistic kids

my sons pre-primary teacher thought our kid was autistic due to hand flapping and loving thomas the tank engine, school psych cleared him and he's hard enough to deal with
I definitely can. A guy I used to be mates with parents had it very very tough. None of the situations I would wish on anyone though

How is me saying "don't judge other people's mental health when you don't know their story" being a douche. Yes the poster has had to deal with issues. But that is meaningless in my point. If anything he should have more empathy. Sorry if you feel calling people liars from anonymity online to be appropriate behaviour

Agree with most of that but dont bring 'love' into it. 99% likelihood it was straight banging.
No doubt the fat lecherous flog Billy has banged a few girls in his time.
Id say its all coke fueled sex .
It is also simply despicable to play the 'leave me alone/mental illness card'. This is a slap in the face and disrespectful to all those with real mental health issues. All the education, good work and sympathy built up in the community for mental health should not be wasted and squandered on celebs who have simply acted up and got caught out doing something wrong and are 'feeling bad' about it.
Many people have mental health issues through no fault of their own (e.g child sexual abuse). So sorry but Lyon can go and eff himself.

Not to mention the hypocracy of people like Lyon reporting moralising and editorialising on the off field misadventures of the current AFL players....players who effectively pay his wages.

CbKoR_vUYAAd_jN.jpg

I definitely can. A guy I used to be mates with parents had it very very tough. None of the situations I would wish on anyone though

How is me saying "don't judge other people's mental health when you don't know their story" being a douche. Yes the poster has had to deal with issues. But that is meaningless in my point. If anything he should have more empathy. Sorry if you feel calling people liars from anonymity online to be appropriate behaviour

sorry mate, mis-read and thought you were the one who posted this comment "How is life in the asylum?"

Seems to me like a classic media spiral, see them all the time. A leads to B, B leads to C but their industry mates protect them until D comes out and they have to now face ABC as well.

My cousins been dealing with schizophrenia for most of his life. Should I ask him about garry Lyon? By your logic he's an expert

Actually if you know anything about mental health services you would know that the opinions and expertise of people with mental health disorders is highly valued. In fact some positions require you to have a lived experience of mental health issues.

I've worked in the mental health sector for 15 years and Im not surprised that Lyon is coming under scrutiny for the timing of his announcement.

He might of might not have legitimate issues but all he has done is increase the spotlight on himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back