Club Legend
Suspended
Jun 24, 2005
Paddo
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
point piper jelly wrestle
Given that he previously mentioned that making runs was not the only way an opening batsman contributed to the Australian team. Do you think his fishing and barbie work will still have the same contribution to the side as it used to?

Or will it now be a better thing for the community as a whole?

M Hayden;

"I am retiring from cricket, not from life, there is still so much that I want to achieve and contribute to the community," he said.

Family time, cooking, fishing and spending time outdoors were among the passions he wanted to pursue."

Gee thanks Matty, i will always be thankful for your cooking and fishing community service.

What an absolute TOOL

Ur kidding right

What the hell
hes a father and a husband the last 15 years of his life have been given to the Australian Cricket team, hes probs missed a million and one family things to makes his 1000's of runs and help us win world cups and test matches! Now its time to enjoy life as man in his 30's!

The media i feel really blew his last few matches for australia way out of proportion the poor guy had to listen to all the crap the media threw at him and im sure as hell that would play on a guys mind who already feels not that great about his last few matches!

I say let him fish and let him cook let him spend all the time with his family as he has done everything he could have done for Australia and our team he was one if the last original players i have grown up watching!

What the hell Dudders? U sit on ur butt for all i know posting on a footy forum...what does Haydos have to prove to you?

I for one wanna thank Haydos for a great and wonderful cricket caree

• Banned
Ur kidding right

What the hell
hes a father and a husband the last 15 years of his life have been given to the Australian Cricket team, hes probs missed a million and one family things to makes his 1000's of funs and help us win world cups and test matches! Now its time to enjoy life as man in his 30's!

The media i feel really blew his last few matches for australia way out of proportion the poor guy had to listen to all the crap the media threw at him and im sure as hell that would play on a guys mind who already feels not that great about his last few matches!

I say let him fish and let him cook let him spend all the time with his family as he has done everything he could have done for Australia and our team he was one if the last original players i have grown up watching!

What the hell Dudders? U sit on ur butt for all i know posting on a footy forum...what does Haydos have to prove to you?

I for one wanna thank Haydos for a great and wonderful cricket caree

No problem with him enjoying his family, remind me though, how does fishing, cooking or spending time outdoors 'ACHIEVE AND CONTRIBUTE TO THE COMMUNITY' ?

He is full of it, always has been, biggest sledger in world cricket, supposed born again christian. The man is an absolute fraud, he is universaly disliked amongst other teams worldwide, for his hypocrisy.

• Banned
Yet he wants to help with Charities including The McGrath Foundation

Will it be the cooking or fishing that helps? actually,apparently he 'designed the menu' for an event. Big effort Matty.

hes no longer An Australian Cricketer he can go off and do as he pleases now

We agree on this, the sooner he moves forward and procreates the better.

Great player for Aussie. Came to my sons school 4 years ago and did everything he could for the kids, on the same day Dean Jones and Alan Border were there and were arrogant pieces of crap. They were so bad to everyone Stephen Milne would have been better for the kids and they got paid for it.
Duds is right about the sledging from Haydos, he is hated by the opposition teams but he is an Australian great and deserves better than the sledge by Duds who seems to hate OUR cricket team.
Duds you might be better following the A League because they are good at eating their own.
On a brighter note what a great test series, well done to SA they never sooked about anything and have earnt their respect from the cricket followers around the country. Maybe the Indians can learn from it.

Jesus **** Dudders, he didn't say that fishing, cooking, etc, were his way of contributing to the community! He can do that, and contribute to the community by doing other things at the same time. You're just putting words into his mouth.

Is it just me, or are you ALWAYS going out of your way to put a negative spin on things?

Wow everyone has PMS.

Is it just me, or are you ALWAYS going out of your way to put a negative spin on things?

Nope, i just dont wear rose tinted glasses about a player who claims very loudly to be a christian, but acts like a juvenile thug. His behaviour on and off the field is (or fortunately was) appalling.

Nope, i just dont wear rose tinted glasses about a player who claims very loudly to be a christian, but acts like a juvenile thug. His behaviour on and off the field is (or fortunately was) appalling.

Fine. Have a go at him about that. I'd probably agree with you. But you haven't done that in this thread. You've made some ridiculous argument that because he says that he wants to spend time with his family, cook, and go fishing, and that he also wants to contribute to the community, that he intends to contribute to the community BY spending time with his family, cooking and going fishing. And that is just stupid.

Fine. Have a go at him about that. I'd probably agree with you. But you haven't done that in this thread.

Hmm, you may want to check out post #3 specificaly;

"He is full of it, always has been, biggest sledger in world cricket, supposed born again christian. The man is an absolute fraud, he is universaly disliked amongst other teams worldwide, for his hypocrisy."

I think i did mention it, no?

The bit about contibuting is his usual rubbish. If he intends to do so, great. Answer this, why does he feel he needs to tell us? or is it his ego in overdrive again?

If he wants to fish, cook and go outside, fantastic. His problem is, he thinks he is some sort of modern day messiah, who both helps others with his mere presence, whether that be in a dressing room or by cooking, fishing or trying to convert us lesser mortels .

His best mate is A symmonds, great job he has done with him?

He is full of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm, you may want to check out post #3 specificaly;

"He is full of it, always has been, biggest sledger in world cricket, supposed born again christian. The man is an absolute fraud, he is universaly disliked amongst other teams worldwide, for his hypocrisy."

I think i did mention it, no?

The bit about contibuting is his usual rubbish. If he intends to do so, great. Answer this, why does he feel he needs to tell us? or is it his ego in overdrive again?

If he wants to fish, cook and go outside, fantastic. His problem is, he thinks he is some sort of modern day messiah, who both helps others with his mere presence, whether that be in a dressing room or by cooking, fishing or trying to convert us lesser mortels .

His best mate is A symmonds, great job he has done with him?

He is full of it.

When I said "in this thread", I was referring to the creation of this thread. My bad if you read it the wrong way, it was ambiguous. Probably should have read "in the creation of this thread".

That doesn't change my original point. You are asking how fishing, cooking and spending time outdoors contributes to the community. The implicit answer is that it doesn't, which you claim makes Hayden a s**t-talking tool. But Hayden never said it does. Therefore, the premise upon which you based the original post in this thread is very shaky indeed.

You may not like Hayden, but you're going out of your way to invent reasons to criticise him, and it's just a little bit pathetic. If you want to rant about him, start a thread about how he stubborn he was when he was clearly past it, or his arrogance, or even play the flat-track bully card. At least those have varying degrees of merit. This thread is just rubbish.

When I said "in this thread", I was referring to the creation of this thread. My bad if you read it the wrong way, it was ambiguous. Probably should have read "in the creation of this thread".

That doesn't change my original point. You are asking how fishing, cooking and spending time outdoors contributes to the community. The implicit answer is that it doesn't, which you claim makes Hayden a s**t-talking tool. But Hayden never said it does. Therefore, the premise upon which you based the original post in this thread is very shaky indeed.

LMAO.

So if i understand correctly;

I started the thread, but you have decided what i actually was meaning.

When you said, in this thread, you did not mean in this thread.

Despite the fact i clarified clearly in post #3, that somehow is irrelevant.

hmmm, i am somewhat confused, any idea why?

LMAO.

So if i understand correctly;

I started the thread, but you have decided what i actually was meaning.

When you said, in this thread, you did not mean in this thread.

Despite the fact i clarified clearly in post #3, that somehow is irrelevant.

hmmm, i am somewhat confused, any idea why?

Post 3 wasn't a clarification. It was irrelevant. You said he's arrogant, etc, that's fine, but it doesn't change the fact that he never said what you seem to think he said.

Going on the OP, the main argument you have put forward is that he is claiming he will contribute to society by cooking, fishing and spending time outdoors. And that is bullshit, and you know it.

Post 3 wasn't a clarification. It was irrelevant. You said he's arrogant, etc, that's fine, but it doesn't change the fact that he never said what you seem to think he said.

Going on the OP, the main argument you have put forward is that he is claiming he will contribute to society by cooking, fishing and spending time outdoors. And that is bullshit, and you know it.

LOL, Give it up champ, if you want Mattys love child, good on you.

You have made a fool of yourself by not reading the thread, then saying, "you have not said it in this thread"
when clearly i had.

Continuing with this rubbish does not make you any less wrong, give it away.

LOL, Give it up champ, if you want Mattys love child, good on you.

You have made a fool of yourself by not reading the thread, then saying, "you have not said it in this thread"
when clearly i had.

Continuing with this rubbish does not make you any less wrong, give it away.

I've made a fool of myself?

OK, let's deconstruct your first post:

Given that he previously mentioned that making runs was not the only way an opening batsman contributed to the Australian team. Do you think his fishing and barbie work will still have the same contribution to the side as it used to?

A nice little barb, fair enough given his comment that making runs was not the only way an opening batsman contributed to the team, and you used his love for cooking and fishing as examples of other ways he might see himself contributing to the team. Humorous, but with no actual basis in reality, as he never once actually said that he contributes to the team by cooking and fishing. I didn't have much of a problem with that, though, so long as it iis kept in a satirical context.

M Hayden;

"I am retiring from cricket, not from life, there is still so much that I want to achieve and contribute to the community," he said.

Family time, cooking, fishing and spending time outdoors were among the passions he wanted to pursue."

Gee thanks Matty, i will always be thankful for your cooking and fishing community service.

What an absolute TOOL

OK, first he says "I am retiring from cricket, not from life," etc, etc. He expresses a wish to do other things outside of cricket, including contribute to the community.

He then says, though not directly quoted, that family time, cooking, fishing and spending time outdoors were the things he wanted to pursue.

Now, would you like to tell me where he says that family time, cooking, fishing and spending time outdoors were the way in which he wanted to contribute to the community?

Now, on to you claiming that I didn't read the thread properly. I did. You mentioning his arrogance, etc, in the 3rd post bears no relevance to the basis of your first post: that Hayden thinks he is contributing to the community by fishing and cooking. You might have said it, but it didn't tie in with your argument.

Think of it this way: Person A starts a thread, saying they hate Rihanna's music because it is too angry. They write a long, sarcastic OP talking about how angry it is, and saying they hate her music because of it. Answering posts rightfully dismissing the OP and pointing out that Rihanna's music isn't angry at all come flooding in. Person A writes a reply, and starts it off with the line "Her music is generic. But her music is also really angry and I hate it," yada yada yada. Person B then comes in and says "Rihanna's music isn't angry at all. If you wanted to criticise her for being generic, that's fine, but that's not what you've based this thread on (incidentally, the wording I probably should have used, rather than a lazy "in this thread")".

That's what has happened here. I'll admit, not being crystal clear has left me open to a few attacks, and it seems you're just desperate enough for any point to back you up that you're jumping upon any possibility. Stop it, it's pathetic. A blind monkey could have seen what I meant.

A blind monkey could have seen what I meant.

Sadly, i am not a blind monkey, so i have no idea what you are crapping on about.

Again, you were wrong, stop writing war and peace to justify it.

Just let it go, and move on with your life.

Sadly, i am not a blind monkey, so i have no idea what you are crapping on about.

Again, you were wrong, stop writing war and peace to justify it.

Just let it go, and move on with your life.

Saying something doesn't make it so. How about trying to explain why I was wrong, rather than simply saying I'm "crapping on"? Or would that be branching too far out from your snide, sarcastic snipes at people who have the audacity to disagree with you?

Saying something doesn't make it so. How about trying to explain why I was wrong, rather than simply saying I'm "crapping on"? Or would that be branching too far out from your snide, sarcastic snipes at people who have the audacity to disagree with you?

OK, you win.

M Hayden is a fantastic family man, i wish i was him. In fact, i am now going to follow the word of the Lord and cook prawns covered in bacon on my barbie.

Hallelujah

OK, you win.

M Hayden is a fantastic family man, i wish i was him. In fact, i am now going to follow the word of the Lord and cook prawns covered in bacon on my barbie.

Hallelujah

Good to see tall poppy syndrome is alive and well in Australia.

Take a bow Haydos, you're a legend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back