Gaming Madden 10

Remove this Banner Ad

CHeers, I'll go have a look.

Anyone else get into creating franchises from scratch? Brilliant fun. My Santa Fe Crocs are going great guns at the moment.

Great fun designing the logos, uniforms, stadiums etc as well as doing the fantasy draft from scratch. :D

You have to kick a team out of the league to squeeze them in, but really, who would miss Jacksonville anyway? :D
Or the Lions...

I'd like to do the same but create all the players as well.

Where did you get the players for this team from? Existing?

Or the Lions...

I'd like to do the same but create all the players as well.

Where did you get the players for this team from? Existing?

I do a fantasy draft... so every player in the NFL goes into the draft pool and every team redrafts again from scratch.

CHeers, I'll go have a look.

Anyone else get into creating franchises from scratch? Brilliant fun. My Santa Fe Crocs are going great guns at the moment.

Great fun designing the logos, uniforms, stadiums etc as well as doing the fantasy draft from scratch. :D

You have to kick a team out of the league to squeeze them in, but really, who would miss Jacksonville anyway? :D

I "moved" the Jaguars to Richmond, Virginia, called them the Virginia Wolves and traded for Virginia Tech's favourite son, Michael Vick.

Good running game with Vick and MJ-D.

I'm in my 3rd season now with the Eagles, still enjoying this same franchise.

I play every game, no simming, well apart from pre-season of course. In my first year I won the bowl, incredible. I got best record in NFC so I had a bye first playoff week. Then my first playoff game vs the Bears, nailbiter, went down to last play of game and a 34-yard field goal from Akers won the game for me. Next were the Saints, they are a joke, way better then their rating gives them, won that by less then a TD as well. Then in the bowl it was Colts v Eagles, Peyton was amazing, audibling till he ran out of audibles but couldn't beat McNabb who made the record for most yards thrown in a season, somewhere in the 5k yard mark.

My rookie WR, Jeremy Maclin was my greatest weapon in offence, with Curtis injured more then half the year I mainly through to Maclin and Jackson with big TE Celek making alot of crucial first down catches. In the post season I drafted this WR late in the 1st round called Jaelin Williams...what a gem. In his first season he was named Offensive Rookie of the year, NFL/NFC WR of the year and made the Pro Bowl. That year I was knocked out the playoffs by the damn Cowboys, just choked really with Donovan McNabb throwing more interceptions then touchdowns (I need help on limiting interceptions, hate seeing it on the stats).

This year I traded Westbrook for veteren RB Thomas Jones for a bit of a change and got rid of McNabb due to throwing too many pies in his old age for Vince Young. I know, kinda stupid seeing Young is also inaccurate but I like QBs who can run as well. Going good this year but definetly harder with a combo of Young/Jones compared to McNabb/Westbrook

Is there any way of creating your own playbook in this game or for this game?

Not on Madden 10,

But if you had NCAA on PSP then you could transfer your created playbook; seems a bit extreme I think though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the hyprocisy.

Joined some stupid gaming lounge tournament thing to see what it was like. Guy wants to play, has a huge comment for all his games how he wants to glitchers, etc, etc, blah blah blah.

Comes out, squibbs every kick, goes for 2 every time. Picked the Vikes :rolleyes: Runs toss plays, if he doesnt get those going, does the ole run back 10m and throw a screen.

Does Punt runs on 4th down.

Just funny how people can only play like that. Said to him to get back to me when he can play properly. and quit.

Just stupid.

I'm sure with GG/Riggys patience (or lack thereof in Riggys case :p) they can just stop that, but I couldn't be bothered.

These guys play for like 50USD a game as well (I played for nothing)

GG, you could make a fortune.

AP just busted too many tackles.

I was playing with the Panthers, so other than Beason, no really good tacklers. Safeties are average.

*shifty eyes*

I'm still on MB. Jets .... TKK ;)

Madden 10 for iPhone is $1.19 for today and I think tomorrow from the App Store. Just bought it.

What do you think? I bought it when it first came out and paid full price. It is pretty good, but I am hoping they can do something a little more life-like with the iPad/iPhone 4 hardware.

If Madden 11 for iPhone doesn't have much better graphics, I'll be waiting.

What do you think? I bought it when it first came out and paid full price. It is pretty good, but I am hoping they can do something a little more life-like with the iPad/iPhone 4 hardware.

It's alright. Haven't managed to score a TD yet - kicked a FG but only played a few minutes. Need to look at the instructions more.

Can't complain for $1.19. Got NBA Live 10 as well but haven't had a go yet.

It's alright. Haven't managed to score a TD yet - kicked a FG but only played a few minutes. Need to look at the instructions more.

Can't complain for $1.19. Got NBA Live 10 as well but haven't had a go yet.

I have found that certain plays seem to work awesome all the time (much like Madden for the other platforms, you have to force yourself not to use them).

I won't tell you which ones (and I always use the Giants), but if you have ever exploited weaknesses in the games for the other platforms, you'll know the sorts of ones.

I'm looking at getting a PS3 or Xbox 360. What does Madden look best on? Or is there little difference?
there would be little difference
but in the madden department, there would be more on X-Box
but there would be more Australian's on PS3

If you're in Asia/Oceana - go PS3
If in the America's - go X-Box
If in Europe/Africa - flip a coin

I have found that certain plays seem to work awesome all the time (much like Madden for the other platforms, you have to force yourself not to use them).

I won't tell you which ones (and I always use the Giants), but if you have ever exploited weaknesses in the games for the other platforms, you'll know the sorts of ones.

I've found a few. Colts are terrible against the run, Cards can't defend deep passing. MJD got 4 TDs against the Colts and Sims-Walker got 3 against the Cards.

I just kept running the same plays and it worked beautifully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back