Gaming Madden 10

Remove this Banner Ad

So its $10 per season?
Pays for prizes etc. Superbowl winner got a jersey of their choice, and then they gave out a few hats and stubbie holders.

Last season was done purely on donations, this season was a signing fee. So yeah $10 a season I guess.

May be able to get in this season without the entry fee though, seeing as you don't really have a chance at prizes or anything

I cannot see the reason why he would make you pay $10 for 6 games. We already have 24 members, which is plenty to buy a jersey and a couple of hats and minor prizes + the monthly? site/domain fee

Not liking Madden anymore
GG is starting to play 1 of the 2 ways I hate
while all other games lag
and when I do get a good game with GG going, my dad decides to put off the modem while im playing (reason for 2 of my last 3 recorded losses :mad:)

reason im starting to play a certain way is cos it's getting boring again, not playing you or people, but just wasting time in front of a tv screen.

life is short. i have much on my mind, much to try to accomplish in life, and sometimes it gets really depressing being self-conscious holding a game controller in your hand, being where you are and not where your heart wants to be.

there'll be nights i love playing, but those nights when i could play 5-10 online games in a row not getting enough, are rare now.

f/e gg
I just hate it when people go into a no huddle for a few plays then back to normal
and I hate it when they use the same formation
Also dont like fake plays (I admit I do call the FB run on punts against some people - and in NCAA I call the fake fg pass a bit too)

I just want people to play realistic

the Worst I do is perhaps scramble a tad too much (perhaps 2-3 times a game ill decided I want to run with the WB, and call a play that opens up the middle of the field)

I wont play Mizza, I hate when someone calls a shitload of Play Action Passes, and once out of the pocket, and approaching the line, throw it when a CB is in his face, and run it when man on man. Especially when a good team is used.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just bought the game today - $50 from JB in the city. :)

Anyway, about the fifth match me and my friend played against each other I chose to be the Raiders. By this stage I've kinda worked out what I'm doing, but holy crap JaMarcus Russel is awful even in the game! I threw 9 interceptions! :eek: I didn't throw that many in three games with Aaron Rodgers and Tony Romo.

I was playing almost exclusively out of the shotgun lol.

thanks GG for convincing me to play out games

just got some guy who only used 4 plays all game :rolleyes:

Decided to come out and try my little trick play on my 1st drive because this dude was just going to play cheesey all game, got a 1st down and an incompletion before I punted (those 2 plays were just my trick play attempts)

then I was down 14-0 before I new it.

in my 2nd drive plan b came out, he had Bush set as the #3 WR, so I kept on getting told 2WR, 1/2/3RB 1/2TE
plan b was Nickeling it, but by that stage I realised exactly what he was doing

from then on out ALL I played (therefore plan c) was the dollar cover 2, he had a grand total of 3 points, untill Pierre Thomas broke a 3 man tackle with just into the last 2 minutes to put him up 24-17 with 1:37 to go

because he ran around in a circle to kill time i felt like bringing out my trick play to annoy him, I was a tad annoyed that I hit CJ for an 80 yard TD, leaving time on the clock for him

but I killed his screen this time just like every other time since I realised his screens were all out of the same formation and the only play he was calling from that formation, had him at 2&17. 2 plays later and he punts, decent punt of 41 yards but it was only -1 net :D

1 run by CJ to center the ball, timeout on 1second to go. Bironas wins it 27-24 as time expires :D

gave the poor dude his first official loss

he was 12-1 before then, and the only loss was when he quit down 10-28 to some other guy

yeah, never give up, and when u have an annoying opponent, who cheeses/glitches and likes to dance to the endzone back and across the goalline, etc, it's really important to punish them hard. same with guys who go for it on 4th down all the time....MUST ensure you get points from their turnovers and punish. have them sook and ask for mercy.

which reminds, i played a guy recently only level 1, but all he did was toss play every single down and went for it on 4th down all the time. soon as i realized he was actually going to do nothing but throw toss plays every down, i pulled the play to handle it, stopped him on his 3rd 4th down attempt, instead of taking the FG, then got the ball, he set up a nano-blitz, i sat there letting him, then threw a pass to Dmac for 30. Next play, he set up another massive nano, i sat there letting him, in no rush, waiting for him to be satisfied, then threw another dmac pass for 50 and a TD. he got the kick-off, started throwing toss plays every down, this time knowing thats all he was going to do, i used that play 4 times, it was 3rd and 20 and then turnover after losing another 5 yards. he pauses, asks for friendly quit. i deny, he leaves it on pause for 30 mins or more, trying to say how he has to go, has to do this, etc, i said tough s**t, if u wanna specifically invite a level 21 guy to a game knowing ur level 1 because u think u can win, then realize u cant, i aint gonna let u friendly quit. he sooked for another 30 mins, but this time i realized from past experience.....the more u reply back to them, the more they actually keep it on pause. when u just keep ignoring their PMs, after having said, yeah that's cool pause it all night if u want i can go watch some tv or have something to eat, i dont mind.....and then just ignore all PMs, they eventually unpause it and quit the game.

Imo, sell it, buy a real console, ps3....free online, bluray, region-free games. You'll truly thank me for it. Then you can join the 21-strong Ps3 franchise currently going, only in week 1.

Prefer the 360 game library myself. Different strokes for different folks.

There's a 360 aussie madden 10 franchise out there. I think there's a forum called OCAU or something, if you do a search for that, you'll find the 360 franchise.

CHeers, I'll go have a look.

Anyone else get into creating franchises from scratch? Brilliant fun. My Santa Fe Crocs are going great guns at the moment.

Great fun designing the logos, uniforms, stadiums etc as well as doing the fantasy draft from scratch. :D

You have to kick a team out of the league to squeeze them in, but really, who would miss Jacksonville anyway? :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back