Major expansion of the school chaplaincy program

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually I believe reviving Latin will actually improve language skills. As Latin is the basis of Western European languages it will help improve the understanding English as well, as it helps provide better understanding for students of the use of past, present and future tenses.
So is German.
Learn German.
Let Tony and his god-bothering hoard of acolytes lick the Vatican boots all they like on their own time.

This is where Liberals shoot themselves in the foot.

If you are going to question the way languages are taught within schools, then fine. But floating a thought bubble of "let's support the teaching of a dead language" that will serve no purpose in a modern economy, immediately calls into question your ability to analyse a policy issue and construct a logical position that you expect other people to take seriously.

Just a way of channelling government money to the declining religious sector. No different to protecting Holden and Ford.

Funny how the mantra is the school council knows best, should not be managed by politicians

Except where it conflicts with liberal (sic) ideology

At least the government is bearing its unattractive colours already

I know. That's what's so duplicitous about the whole thing.

I guess its Abbott trying to support the church. After all, these legal costs over child abuse cases would be costing many $millions.
Its like Monty Pythons church police in the Dead Bishop skit, 'Its a fair cop, but society's to blame'.

So its probably only fair that 'they' pay.:rolleyes:

religion_in_school.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the government that wants to give more autonomy to Principals and school councils? Yeah, right.
If you are cynical youd say they want public school boards to be stacked with the local god bothering busybodies like the good old days.

Cos thats worked so well in catholic institutions ?

Why can't the Catholic Church pay for this chaplaincy program? That would make a lot more sense if it had to happen.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I find myself somewhat concerned by overly religious politicians. Is their first obligation to our country or to their religion? I don't think Abbott is a completely mindless zealot, but it does make me uneasy that our head of state would technically be obligated to act in the Pope's interests (which I acknowledge isn't actually going to happen, more a principle thing than a practice one).

They have been chosen by both God and the electorate;there is no Church/State dichotomy.
They will do God's work for the good of all(who have been chosen).:eek:

Its one of those things where most people gravitate to one side or the other and theres little discussion on what actually happens.

Has anyone met a chaplain ? What value do they provide ? I must admit I had a mental image of someome with world experience providing al alternate viewpoint than teachers who are working to a different organizational culture.

Then I saw a grab on TV and it was people who are barely adult themselves and just a few years older than the kids they are advising

Wonder if they'll cough up for an Imam in schools with lots of Muslim kids, or will it be strictly from the shallow pool of fundy nuffys?
New clubhouse leader in shittiest piece of policy from this government?

Actually, with islam and christianity being shamelessly expansionist religions, id be the toughest on them

Have no problem with other religions getting to present their philosophy to the kids at an age appropriate time

Actually, with islam and christianity being shamelessly expansionist religions, id be the toughest on them

Have no problem with other religions getting to present their philosophy to the kids at an age appropriate time

All this stuff should be presented in a 'religious studies' subject. If kids go to church or mosque or whatever, thats a family issue. Some kind of 'chaplaincy' program should cost nothing & be up to the school & parents decide if they want to use such a service as offered by the various religious orders.

Any other type of interaction with individual kids in a school setting should only be done by suitably academically qualified practitioners. Trained teachers &/or psychology trained individuals.

<post removed>
No his religious cult. John Howard's, the one which the fist humpers rely on to get elected. The kiddy fiddlers. Pells s**t eaters

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back