Make mine a Mitch (er...too late...he's a Cat!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok then. Don't Melbourne players use our facilities as well though, that could possibly be the reason why he used our gym, but that is just a guess.
So Melbourne players are sneaking in the back Dawes?
I think they are using Gotches paddock, our old training ground...surely not our $10 million facilities.

Yes we want Melbs 2nd rounder and their list manager has already signalled that it is likely to get it done. Especially after all compo picks are taken their pick 20 odd will turn into 24-25 odd.
I wasn't aware of that but that'd be some rare good news.

Truth not as exciting as world viewed from rose coloured glasses?
I beg your pardon...I never promised you a...
Well isn't it odd that every person that doesn't share your depressing negative view of all things Collingwood, is wearing rose colored glasses.
Some people weigh up the situation (the good, the bad & the ugly) & come to the conclusion that it's not the end of the world & that things can & will improve.
I don't wear glasses, but if I did, I would prefer the rose variety compared to the reverse dark mirror glasses that never allow any positive light into ones thoughts.
Take the blinkers off & have another look at the world...it's a marvelous place...even for Collinwood supporters at our darkest hour.

Lol why would Mitch Clark come to us when he could be sacked in an instant. This clubs culture is a dog eat dog one now. Get what you can while you before your given the boot. The smartest bloke has been Dale Thomas, jumped from a sinking ship with more $$$ to boot.
Agreed. But bucks has to be given the chance to clean out what he dislikes. If there is no game plan or players aren't giving 100% next season, it's goodbye bucks and Eddie in my opinion.

Lol why would Mitch Clark come to us when he could be sacked in an instant. This clubs culture is a dog eat dog one now. Get what you can while you before your given the boot. The smartest bloke has been Dale Thomas, jumped from a sinking ship with more $$$ to boot.

Yet he was paralysed with fear both times he played in a losing side against our sinking ship-the one he is on must be a submarine.

Would you prefer we stop trading and allow players to continue playing into their 40s?

Everyone was saying we would be giving him maybe 250k.
Geelong probably offered him more money.
He wanted to go to Freo, then Melbourne made him an offer he could not refuse.
He is money motivated & I do not hold that against him. I probably would do the same.
Also, being away from the big city might be better for his recovery.
It's no big deal that he chose Geelong.
He has played 15 games in 3 years.
Even at Brisbane he was injury prone.
There is no guarantee that he will make a successful return.
He was always a speculative pick !

Geelong:
Away from spotlight
Currently appear to be in a better position than us to challenge

2 key factors for Mitch.
But it's way, way more fun to say how disastrous it is for the club

Isn't it desperate times when a list full of old codgers is in a better position than us to challenge?

Eddie said the biggest factor was that Geelong could get his girlfriend into medicine at Deacon University and that we simply could not do anything to match that.

On a side note, how on earth does GFC just have that power to get her in to medicine? No wonder Deacon is such a s**t third rate uni!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was being reported last night that the medical advice Clarke got was to get out of Melbourne (the town) because the scrutiny on him daily would not help his recovery. I really don't want a player on the list with these sorts of issues.

I love it how majority of people were all for the Clark trade 2 days ago and now that he has elected the cats as his preferred option everyone has jumped off saying he was too much of a risk, injury prone, didn't want the hack anyway etc.

I really wanted Mitch to be honest, he is exactly what we needed. Yes we have other major deficiency in the side but he would have filled a need and would have allowed Reid to settle back into CHB his All Australian position whilst giving Cloke a much needed chop out. He is a massive unit and shows so much aggression at the ball, he could have even helped to relieve Witts/Grundy in the ruck. You can never have too many quality talls.

He is not old and would have cost us peanuts. There is a distinct possibility that he may not have performed for us due to injury or illness, but it was a risk well worth taking because had he got his old form back we would have had one of the best two pronged attacks in the league.

I wish him well with his football career and definitely hope he is past his mental health issues. I have no doubt that if he picked us most of you would have been over the moon. It again shows our lack of ability to attract quality players and is indicative of where we are currently at as a football club, here's hoping Bucks and co can turn it around and create a successful culture at our club because this is obviously what attracts talented footballers to change clubs with financial compensation generally playing a massive part in most cases.

I love it how majority of people were all for the Clark trade 2 days ago and now that he has elected the cats as his preferred option everyone has jumped off saying he was too much of a risk, injury prone, didn't want the hack anyway etc.

I really wanted Mitch to be honest, he is exactly what we needed. Yes we have other major deficiency in the side but would have filled a need and would have allowed Reid to settle back into CHB his All Australian position whilst giving Cloke a much needed chop out. He is a massive unit and shows so much aggression at the ball, he could have even helped to relieve Witts/Grundy in the ruck. You can never have too many quality talls.

He is not old and would have cost us peanuts. There is a distinct possibility that he may not have performed for us due to injury or illness, but it was a risk well worth taking because had he got his old form back we would have had one of the best two pronged attacks in the league.

I wish him well with his football career and definitely hope he is past his mental health issues, and have no doubt that if he picked us most of you would have been over the moon. It shows again our lack of ability to attract players and is indicative of where we are currently at as a football club, here's hoping Bucks and co can turn it around and create a successful culture at our club because this is obviously what attracts talented footballers to change clubs.
Or it shows that we are fairly prudent about risk-taking or it shows that medical advice was that Mitch would be better outside the focus of a club like Collingwood or any one of a million other things you'd like to speculate about. I totally reject the notion that Collingwood has been unable to attract players until somebody gives me some hard evidence that it is the case.

Eddie said the biggest factor was that Geelong could get his girlfriend into medicine at Deacon University and that we simply could not do anything to match that.

On a side note, how on earth does GFC just have that power to get her in to medicine? No wonder Deacon is such a s**t third rate uni!!
If true that is seriously dodgy and a joke

Or it shows that we are fairly prudent about risk-taking or it shows that medical advice was that Mitch would be better outside the focus of a club like Collingwood or any one of a million other things you'd like to speculate about. I totally reject the notion that Collingwood has been unable to attract players until somebody gives me some hard evidence that it is the case.
Or maybe Mitch just didn't want to have the scrutiny of a massive club like Collingwood.

How so? we clearly wanted Mitch and our coach and other significant people within in the club made it crystal clear that we wanted him badly. He passed a medical with us and we were willing to take the risk. For whatever the reason we failed to be the most attractive option to him.

You are entitled to your opinion that attracting players is not an issue with our club. I disagree and believe it has been an issue even in the period we have been successful. I don't know the reason for it but we never seem to be able to attract top end talent like some other clubs and I am of the opinion that currently we would find it most difficult to attract anyone due to question marks on how players are feeling with our club and our performance on the field. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong but I'll believe it when I see it!

I really wanted Mitch to be honest, he is exactly what we needed. Yes we have other major deficiency in the side but he would have filled a need and would have allowed Reid to settle back into CHB his All Australian position whilst giving Cloke a much needed chop out. He is a massive unit and shows so much aggression at the ball, he could have even helped to relieve Witts/Grundy in the ruck. You can never have too many quality talls.

I wish him well with his football career and definitely hope he is past his mental health issues. I have no doubt that if he picked us most of you would have been over the moon. It again shows our lack of ability to attract quality players and is indicative of where we are currently at as a football club, here's hoping Bucks and co can turn it around and create a successful culture at our club because this is obviously what attracts talented footballers to change clubs with financial compensation generally playing a massive part in most cases.
I agree with most of the above. Think we missed an opportunity here.
However, I understand his decision to move down the coast, avoid the big city & the Collingwood press paparazzi .
Also, working & training 200m from MFC may have been a tad awkward...especially for someone in revovery mode. I think he will play some good footy at the cattery.

If true that is seriously dodgy and a joke

Its probably more like Geelong FC assisted with Mitch's GF transferring to Deakin Medicine so that her studies were not interfered with by any transfer in living arrangements. Give the guy a break, he'll help the cats yep but for his sake I hope he enjoys the surf coast!

How so? we clearly wanted Mitch and our coach and other significant people within in the club made it crystal clear that we wanted him badly. He passed a medical with us and we were willing to take the risk. For whatever the reason we failed to be the most attractive option to him.
There is always going to be a price beyond which the risk is too great. What is to say that one of the other possibilities such as medical advice was not the case? We can all speculate about the reasons but arriving at a conclusion such as yours based purely on speculation is your choice. I don't see the evidence to support it. I'm not saying you're definitely wrong but I'm certainly not going to be convinced without strong evidence.

Its probably more like Geelong FC assisted with Mitch's GF transferring to Deakin Medicine so that her studies were not interfered with by any transfer in living arrangements. Give the guy a break, he'll help the cats yep but for his sake I hope he enjoys the surf coast!
I'm not saying anything about Mitch. I'm saying if Geelong Football Club are involved with getting player relatives into universities, that would be a joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back