Malthouse - under the pump.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't find all the rookie changes but Cartlon had 8 changes to their main list and this included Scotland who has since been upgraded back onto the main list. At least Collingwood, Melbourne, GWS, Brisbane, Sydney and WCE have had 8 or more changes to their primary list. St Kilda had 7 off the main list so same as Carlton when Scotland factored back in.

Hawks had 9 in total compared to Carltons 10. Collingwood 11, Melbourne 13 and GWS 15 in total.

Overall it appears Carlton cut more than average but it wasn't a massive cut. The players cut were almost all those clogging the list with little or no senior games in 2013. Aaron Joseph, 4 games 2013 was the main name in this group. Carltons channge was a standard affair in 2013 not a cull

That's fine but most changes to a list are list cloggers. And you can only change X amount. This should have happened two years earlier.

Last season you lost to three good teams
Last season your defeats were honorable
Four is 33% more than three.
Carlton did not make finals on their merits
Early last season Mick was finding his feet and the Blues players were adjusting to his game plan (or thats the story we heard)
Honestly I am truly staggered that he can't see the enormous differences between this season last.

Honestly I am truly staggered that he can't see the enormous differences between this season last.

Hmmm ... I can't see where I've ever posted any such thing. I think you blokes struggle to read my posts in the context of it being a reply to a particular comment. So I can only suggest at this point that you both return the post I originally replied to and take a moment to consider what you've missed.

I remember when Carlton signed up Thomas, they were so happy. Have fun with 3 of the softest footballers in the competition in Gibbs, Murphy and Thomas. Josh Hunt has more courage going back with the flight of the ball then them!

Thomas is a genuine outside midfielder is the right amount of hardness for one of those. Murphy and Gibbs are the ones were the softness hurts you.

I remember when Carlton signed up Thomas, they were so happy. Have fun with 3 of the softest footballers in the competition in Gibbs, Murphy and Thomas. Josh Hunt has more courage going back with the flight of the ball then them!
Hardness at the ball was never an issue for Thomas. His ankle on the other hand ....

Hmmm ... I can't see where I've ever posted any such thing. I think you blokes struggle to read my posts in the context of it being a reply to a particular comment. So I can only suggest at this point that you both return the post I originally replied to and take a moment to consider what you've missed.
You are one very complex individual MK.

To make it easy for the simpletons amongst us, are Carlton in a world of hurt, or aren't they?

Malthouse is the classic example of someone who needs to engage his brain before putting his mouth in gear. He still thinks Carlton are a top 4 side.

He claims if Carlton could play with the effort they put into training, they'd be in the top 4. He then goes on to say he doesn't know what other teams do at training!!!! Geez Mick, how about thinking before you speak for a change?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Malthouse is the classic example of someone who needs to engage his brain before putting his mouth in gear. He still thinks Carlton are a top 4 side.

He claims if Carlton could play with the effort they put into training, they'd be in the top 4. He then goes on to say he doesn't know what other teams do at training!!!! Geez Mick, how about thinking before you speak for a change?
He's been whimsical and a rambler for years. Nothing new there.

That's not what he said.

He said we train like a top 4 team.

Even then that's still embarrassing.

But if you're going to call him out at least get it right.

That's not what he said.

He said we train like a top 4 team.

Even then that's still embarrassing.

But if you're going to call him out at least get it right.

And my take was that the "training like a top 4 team" was in reference to their upbeat, heads-up etc style of training. Not "oh gee they hit their targets at training", more, "they are keeping their confidence and not getting too down about their first month"...

And my take was that the "training like a top 4 team" was in reference to their upbeat, heads-up etc style of training. Not "oh gee they hit their targets at training", more, "they are keeping their confidence and not getting too down about their first month"...

He did go on to explain it like that, mentioning they haven't dropped their heads and don't train like a team with no confidence - crediting that to the leadership group.

However, my concern is that it sounds eerily similar to what Melbourne were saying under Neeld last year. After every 100+ point loss, they would trot out the company line 'but we train really well'. Jamo & Hendo both said that on the news last night.

He did go on to explain it like that, mentioning they haven't dropped their heads and don't train like a team with no confidence - crediting that to the leadership group.

However, my concern is that it sounds eerily similar to what Melbourne were saying under Neeld last year. After every 100+ point loss, they would trot out the company line 'but we train really well'. Jamo & Hendo both said that on the news last night.

Yeah, sort of thing you say when there's not many other positives to go on, but still, hardly worth knocking Mick over, he says a lot more mind-blowing s**t every other day.

You are one very complex individual MK.

To make it easy for the simpletons amongst us, are Carlton in a world of hurt, or aren't they?

If you genuinely want to make it easier for yourself, might I suggest you not use terms loaded with subjective interpretation.

I think I've been clear enough in this thread. Carlton are playing God awful football at the moment. And while it may be an opportunistic moment for some, such as yourself, to claim this is our level and my day of reckoning, it's just a moment in time; the clock will keep ticking over and this moment will pass.

If you genuinely want to make it easier for yourself, might I suggest you not use terms loaded with subjective interpretation.

I think I've been clear enough in this thread. Carlton are playing God awful football at the moment. And while it may be an opportunistic moment for some, such as yourself, to claim this is our level and my day of reckoning, it's just a moment in time; the clock will keep ticking over and this moment will pass.
Hopefully " this moment will pass" will occur in about 2055.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back