B: James O'Donnel - Ryan Gardner - Nick Coffield
HB: Luke Cleary - Jedd Busslinger - Ed Richards
C: Ryley Sanders - Tim English - Bailey Smith
HF: Rylee West - Cody Weightman - Riley Garcia
F: Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Aaron Naughton - Sam Darcy
R: Bailey Williams - Caleb Poulter - Harvey Gallagher
Int: Buku Khamis - Charlie Clarke - Dominique Bedendo - Laitham Vandemeer
Sub: Lachie McNeil

Overall, not tooooo bad, need 1-2 more young developing kids in the midfield that's for sure. I'm actually pretty confident in that backline.

Geelong isn't terrible on that scale either.

7 premiership players (Holmes unlucky not to make it 8 from injury), 1x AA (Stengle), a runner up BnF (J.Henry 2021), 22under22 full back (SDK), gun young wingman (Holmes) and forward (O.Henry) and twice top 10 BnF (Close).

Cats very very good as well.

B: Jones Ratugolea Williams
HB: Burgoyne Zerk-thatcher Sinn
C: Bergman Horne-Francis Farrell
HF: Powell-pepper T.Marshall Anastasopolous
FF: Georgiades Lord Evans

Fol: Sweet Butters Rozee

Bench: Drew Jackson Visentini Lorenz

I didn’t include anyone is is 26.

Key defenders and small forwards are the biggest areas of weakness.

Last edited:
B: Jones K. Marshall Williams
HB: Burgoyne Zerk-thatcher Sinn
C: Bergman Horne-Francis Burgoyne
HF: Powell-pepper T.Marshall Anastasopolous
FF: Georgiades Lord Evans

Fol: Sweet Butters Rozee

Bench: Drew Jackson Visentini Lorenz

I didn’t include anyone is is 26.

Key defenders and small forwards are the biggest areas of weakness.

Ratugolea is 25

B: Jordan Ridley - Ben McKay - Kane Baldwin
HB: Andrew McGrath - Zach Reid - Alwyn Davey
C: Nic Martin - Ben Hobbs - Xavier Duursma
HF: Archie Perkins - Nate Caddy - Sam Durham
F: Jye Menzie - Harrison Jones - Nick Bryan
R: Sam Draper - Will Setterfield - Jye Caldwell
I/C: Elijah Tsatas - Nik Cox - Tex Wanganeen - Lual Lemon - Jaiden Hunter
Cupboard is pretty bare ha , very average list in the under 26 age bracket

Interesting...although I'm not sure the relevance of under26 as measurement.
It's Big Footy. The best youth = the best team.

Why else would fans of teams who are in the bottom half of the ladder go on Big Footy? We're all looking for hope to cling onto to.

When Carlton were awful, I dined out on youth threads. Remember Cam Polson? You know, steal of the 2016 draft? He was going to be a superstar.....according to big footy youth threads....

It's Big Footy. The best youth = the best team.

Why else would fans of teams who are in the bottom half of the ladder go on Big Footy? We're all looking for hope to cling onto to.

When Carlton were awful, I dined out on youth threads. Remember Cam Polson? You know, steal of the 2016 draft? He was going to be a superstar.....according to big footy youth threads....
by why 26... why not 24 or whatever. Just seems a line that has no real affect on performance as I doubt many teams have side without significant players older than 26

So through the off season all players in the competition who are 26 years old or older all decided to compete in a monster truck race, and through sheer bad luck every player managed to do their ACL.

What is your teams best 22 going into 2024 with no players as of now over 26 years old?

What would your best under 26 team be?
Brandon Starcevich(24), Jack Payne(24), Darcy Wilmot(19).
Keidean Coleman(23), Darragh Joyce(26), Jaxon Prior(22).

Henry Smith(21), Josh Dunkley(26), Will Ashcroft(19).
Hugh McCluggage(25), Deven Robertson(22), Jaspa Fletcher(19).

Kai Lohmann(20), Eric Hipwood(26), Callum Ah Chee(26).
Cam Rayner(24), Brandon Ryan(26), Zac Bailey(24).

Noah Answerth(24), Jarrod Berry(25), Harry Sharp(20), James Tunstill(20). Sub- James Madden(24).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

by why 26... why not 24 or whatever. Just seems a line that has no real affect on performance as I doubt many teams have side without significant players older than 26
We only have 5 over 26
And only 2 of them corr and McDonald are best 22

And even then lmac will be borderline as the season goes

It's because fans will select the age according to what would be their strongest side. If a North fan made a thread the magical number would be 22. If a Carlton fan did it'd be 27.

This is just another di** measuring contest that has nothing to do with actual performance/winning flags but allows for the bottom teams to one up the top teams because they naturally have more options under the arbitrary age criteria of that particular thread.

So who do you all like in terms of what teams look best on paper?

For me, not including the Swans as I am biased there, I think Hawthorn's team is surprisingly good, and reasonably balanced.
One thing I noticed was some pretty good midfields, besides my club Freo and Port were standouts.

But Freos on paper is elite, Rucks are pretty hit and miss so Darcy puts Freo ahead imo.

It's because fans will select the age according to what would be their strongest side. If a North fan made a thread the magical number would be 22. If a Carlton fan did it'd be 27.

This is just another di** measuring contest that has nothing to do with actual performance/winning flags but allows for the bottom teams to one up the top teams because they naturally have more options under the arbitrary age criteria of that particular thread.

I picked 26 as it is about middle age for an AFL player, or at least the really good ones.

B: Bergman, Logue, Archer
HB: Scott, Pink, Sheezel
C: Stephens, Phillips, Simpkin
HF: Thomas, Comben, Zurhaar
F: Stephenson, Larkey, Curtis
R: Xerri, Davies-Uniacke, Wardlaw
I: Goater, McKercher, Powell, Ford

Almost indistinguishable from an actual North best 22. Only missing Corr, Shiels and McDonald. Greenwood and Tucker also ineligible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back