Best 10 under 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd McVee has produced more than half the players people are mentioning. Deserves a spot in the 8-10 range.
Had seriously considered McVee in my 10 but went with 2 of the Sainters kids who are much more influential for there side. McVee is in the old right place, right time discussion.

every top end talent who has played little "is a freak"

Can say the same about Elijah Tsatas. 4 games last season, could be anything
Yeah ... I doubt it.

In his first game Wardlaw spent half his time rag dolling Luke Parker every time he touched the ball within 10m. Honestly I've never seen anything like it from a debut player. That was what we thought we were getting with JHF.

There's heaps of young talent across the comp who could be on this list in 12 months but if Wardlaw gets a full season he'll be very close to the top. Stupidly powerful young player. Last year at every opportunity Sheezel would say Wardlaw was a better player, even picked him for the RS this season. Because he is stupidly strong and fast.

Yeah ... I doubt it.

In his first game Wardlaw spent half his time rag dolling Luke Parker every time he touched the ball within 10m. Honestly I've never seen anything like it from a debut player. That was what we thought we were getting with JHF.

There's heaps of young talent across the comp who could be on this list in 12 months but if Wardlaw gets a full season he'll be very close to the top. Stupidly powerful young player. Last year at every opportunity Sheezel would say Wardlaw was a better player, even picked him for the RS this season. Because he is stupidly strong and fast.
That is in the eyes of the beholder and most would agree that your North bias is coming out in the way you perceive George.

Looks an exceptionally good prospect but lets settle down a bit here. Nick Daicos literally became one of the best players in the comp, Will Ashcroft held down a spot in one of the best midfields in the comp in a top 4 side, Jye Amiss kicked the most goals from an eligible rising star since what feels like Jesse Hogan, maybe a decade ago (probs not accurate cbf looking up accuracy) whilst a couple of other guys have the potential to rocket up this order as well who are already in the system. We haven't even spoken about the kids entering the system from this years draft cohort.

George is an exciting prospect but unsure if he's this generational talent you perceive him as to be

Not actually a possible option.

Daicos will be 21 before Reid plays his first game.
I went through footy wire and went "if there is a 21 at the age, they're instantly removed from the debate".

Would prove a completely different beast if you were including 21 + year old guys like Luke Pedlar, Archie Perkins, Ollie Henry, Jack Ginnivan, Joel Jeffrey. Errol Gulden shoots straight. to the top alongside Nick Daicos if it were done up to the age of 21 and 363 days of age

You don't have to believe me. I just wanted to give you a heads up, in case you ever wanted people to think you understood footy.

Ever been fisked?

That is in the eyes of the beholder and most would agree that your North bias is coming out in the way you perceive George.

Which most, prove your claim.

Looks an exceptionally good prospect but lets settle down a bit here.

If Wardlaw has a full season he might (rocket up the list.) The kid is a freak.

Yeah i should settle, getting a bit too definiteive with all these ifs and he mights.

Nick Daicos literally became one of the best players in the comp.

He'll be 21 and off the list.

Will Ashcroft held down a spot in one of the best midfields in the comp in a top 4 side,

He might miss most of the season and not make the list. He might never be the same player.

Wardlaw might have held a spot in our midfield from his debut but he had serious strength imbalances between his quads and hammies and the club needed to work on that. He may still have these issues, which is why I said if and might. But if some Giants supporter can speculate on Cadman I can speculate on the Warlord right? #norivalry

Jye Amiss kicked the most goals from an eligible rising star since what feels like Jesse Hogan, maybe a decade ago (probs not accurate cbf looking up accuracy)

Yeah he's great. Might outdo Cadman.

whilst a couple of other guys have the potential to rocket up this order as well who are already in the system. We haven't even spoken about the kids entering the system from this years draft cohort.

Do you mean the likes of McKercher, Duursma and Reid? No we haven't, probably haven't spoken about those unnamed guys you mentioned either. Who were they again? Besides Brayden George?

George is an exciting prospect but unsure if he's this generational talent you perceive him as to be

... as to be????

Like I said, I'm just giving you a heads up in case you want to look like you know about footy and want to impress some people. think of it as a Christmas present.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had seriously considered McVee in my 10 but went with 2 of the Sainters kids who are much more influential for there side. McVee is in the old right place, right time discussion.
much more influential. Mcvee was regarded as the dees 9th best player in a top 4 team. That's equivalent to what, like 5th in a team like stkilda. He's a hell of a lot better than Phillipou.

Soligo's output is better than I realised. Definitely some draft position bias creeping in with rating Rachelle much higher since they stack up quite well next to each other.

Position as well is in Soligo favour, seeing he's in and around the midfield a lot more.

That said, I think rating Rachele in the top 10 and not Soligo is likely the correct one. First two years, you're looking for flashes and Rachele had two 4-5 week periods where he's been one of the most damaging players in the league. Whilst he's developing nicely, Soligo just hasn't flashed that superstar potential.

1. Daicos
2. Sheez / Owens / Wardlaw / NWM - Not splitting them. I think they are all great.
6. Ashcroft
7. JHF
8. Amiss
9. Sheldrick
10. Callaghan
Sheldrick hasn't played enough games yet, so wouldn't make top 10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back