Man V Wild: Best Television Ever

Remove this Banner Ad

UltratuneBlob

Rookie
Nov 27, 2009
ploppyham
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm going to state that this show is the best show that has ever been produced at any time - in the past, present or future.

Watching someone eat snakes and drink their own wee is spectacular television. Essential viewing if you ever intend to get stranded on the Galapogas Islands or torment saltwater crocodiles.

The man is a nutjob of the highest order, which = great tv.

I loved how he eats spiders and puffs up his pants to make a lifejacket.

When he did the Kimberlies he had to drink his own urine....

I've seen two episodes and in those he's eaten gubs, spiders, snake and a fish raw. Must have the hardest stomach to put his guts through that.

When he did the Kimberlies he had to drink his own urine....

I've seen two episodes and in those he's eaten gubs, spiders, snake and a fish raw. Must have the hardest stomach to put his guts through that.

I watched part of one show, about surviving on a desert island. I think I'll be right now when it happens, but he hadn't any tips for dealing with the boredom. And as a vegetarian, I'll be heavily reliant on coconut, and fat as a flawn by the time some shark snaps me off my raft.:(

There was a different version of man vs wild, possibly called man vs beast on a while ago. It involved sumo wrestlers taking on an orangutan in tug of war, a commando against a chimp in an obstacle course and a sprinter against a giraffe in a 100m sprint. Brilliant television.

...but he hadn't any tips for dealing with the boredom...

I don't know that Bear showing how you can play a game of one-man checkers will make rivetting viewing :p

Still, I guess his innovation is born of boredom. Why drink the water from an underground spring when... WAIT! I wonder what my OWN urine tastes like...

There was a different version of man vs wild, possibly called man vs beast on a while ago. It involved sumo wrestlers taking on an orangutan in tug of war, a commando against a chimp in an obstacle course and a sprinter against a giraffe in a 100m sprint. Brilliant television.

I love the sound of this show - PT Barnham special. I'd like to see a monkey-tortoise taking on a six fingered jazz pianist.

Bear makes me want to go into the suburban wilderness outside, wait until I've almost dehydrated, then finding some animal poo to squeeze water out of.

The show is a modern classic. Riveting television that makes you want to go out and adventure. I'll be honest, I don't want nearly ANY TV these days, but I am tuning into SBS to watch Bear's weekly adventures.

I wonder if he'll try and get sustenance and warmth from his own farticulates one week soon.

Oh yeah, I glove Mondays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched my first episode; very impressed. :thumbsu:
Now if you get lost in the desert you know what to do

Its also your duty to make sure you pass all this knowledge onto the heir of samples :thumbsu:

He's lying on my arm asleep as we type (one-handed in my case). Hopefully he took it in subconsciously. :D
Your even teaching him the joys of BF posting

You are the new nominee for BF ex mod father of the year lol

A urine soaked head-dress. He loves to flop his chop out.

Missed a bit though, only saw the rock cave thing, the wee turban, the straw for drinking muddy water and the quicksand jive. Anything else I missed?

I love how negative Bear is. He always brings up a story related to the situation he is in about 'a hiker' or 'a tourist' being stranded there and dying. He always has to make the situation as dangerous as he can!

I love at the beginning of the Moab desert episisode when he jumps off the small rock face onto the sand below. He makes it out that he could die from the leap, and takes about 10 deep breathes, but when he actually does jump it isn't that far down anyway! The camera makes it look like it is a long fall by following him down, but it was pretty normal! :p

Didn't miss much, he only climbed down and back up a waterfall, drank dodgy water that made him spew and poo all night, climbed @ 5 stories height to the top of a tree canopy, got stuck in mangroves and swept into the Pacific on his home crafted raft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back