Marathon gaming sessions

Remove this Banner Ad

That stupid lightning dodging thing felt like a bloody marathon...so did the chocobo race and butterfly thing now I think about it :mad:

The whole game is one long marathon lol, I still think to this day that it is the best game ever made and probably is still one of the better fantasy games going around.

The whole game is one long marathon lol, I still think to this day that it is the best game ever made and probably is still one of the better fantasy games going around.

Only real flaws that spring to mind;

Tidus is a tosser

The last boss was a joke, not sure why they felt the need to make it an un-losable battle

Whatever the Ultima/Omega weapon thing that rises out of that chasm was looked stupidly lame

Gears of War 1 and 2, renting it out with a mate and finishing it within the night...got pretty hectic. Aswell as Resident Evil 5. But since then havn't had a good sesh in for yonks.

However, with this new AFL LIVE game coming out, i think i may be just about due ;)

Used to play Shane Warne 99 and FIFA 2000 with my mate endlessly. Usually weekends at a time with little or no break. I'm guessing we broke the 24 hr barrier a couple of times, especially with Shane Warne Cricket 99. Usually never less than 12 hrs though Playing whole test matches without a break.

Good memories on the PS1, absolutely thrashed it. Didn't do these marathon weekends often though, only say this mate 3-4 times a year.

I put 60+ hours into Dragon Age: Origins over 4 days when it first came out. A friend and I have probably played 15+ hour sessions a few times (Gears of War, Halo, Earth Defense Force 2017, Borderlands).

World cup '98 on N64 got a massive workout during and after the actual tournament.... hours and hours with a revolving roster of about 12 mates!!!

Ocarina of time and Goldeneye as everyone else has said....HOURS!!!!!!!

And one that nearly ruined my life, a little obscure:
Operation Flashpoint in 2001 on the pc.....cost me weeks if not months......
The game had a ridiculously prolific mod community, really quite unbelievable when i think about it. Moved out with two mates and we had massive LAN battles as well as online for weeks straight...we would spend the mornings using the Mission/level editor to create our own missions and campaigns and then share them with each other and play them to death throughout the night...
One of my mates actually deferred his Uni course because Flashpoint became too important...
More recently Oblivion(cant wait for Skyrim!!!) was right up there and the Halo's of course.

Red Dead Revolver was the greatest for this for me.

Me and my brother hired it out and played it for about 10 hours a day each day for a week. Good times.

PES4/5/6 also had some pretty epic battles between me and him. We usually fantasy drafted teams, then played a handful of games. One of the greatest was 7-7 or something when i scored with Gerrard from 20 out with half a second left.

I also remember many long DotA sessions back when I played that game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back