Maths re the new stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Stadium question:

I'm moving back to Perth at the end of the year.

Is there any point in getting an in the wings membership? Will I just be able to join in 2018/19 when it finally gets built?

Really looking forward to spending decades watching big games of footy at this new stadium.
Well you'll have preference for memberships before the general pubic but after the current members. Improving the clubs financial position is never a bad thing.

Seeing it is apparently going to have a significant indigenous influence, a fair bet is that it will be named after an esteemed indigenous figure.

Perhaps:
  1. Yagan Stadium for those interstate teams that invade our turf?
  2. Wirrapanda Stadium for those wanting a sublime experience and quick exit out of the back of the stadium?
  3. Sampi Stadium for those wanting to sit up the back at great heights?
  4. Matera Stadium to honour the randy old bugger who thought it was a good idea to mix indigenous & italian bloodlines?
  5. Chris Lewis Stadium in honour of Barnett finally sinking his teeth into this project!

Seeing it is apparently going to have a significant indigenous influence, a fair bet is that it will be named after an esteemed indigenous figure.

Perhaps:
  1. Yagan Stadium for those interstate teams that invade our turf?
  2. Wirrapanda Stadium for those wanting a sublime experience and quick exit out of the back of the stadium?
  3. Sampi Stadium for those wanting to sit up the back at great heights?
  4. Matera Stadium to honour the randy old bugger who thought it was a good idea to mix indigenous & italian bloodlines?
  5. Chris Lewis Stadium in honour of Barnett finally sinking his teeth into this project!
Maybe The Polly WAFL Stadium to honour both Polly Farmer and WA football.

Let's be honest, it'll be called Etihad, Emirates, Telstra, BHP Stadium within about 5 mins of it opening :)

Assuming it's not, does it really matter. Perth Arena works fine, why not Perth Stadium or Stadium WA ...

People give way too much thought to such things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's be honest, it'll be called Etihad, Emirates, Telstra, BHP Stadium within about 5 mins of it opening :)

Assuming it's not, does it really matter. Perth Arena works fine, why not Perth Stadium or Stadium WA ...

People give way too much thought to such things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IIRC Barnett came out and said something along the lines that he wants it to be an advertisement for Perth at least for the first 5-10 years before the naming rights are bid on.

Plus something nice for us that listen to the ABC broadcasts!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive never seen that in a stadium, I imagine American sports may have a similar thing. Could be horrible. Could be fantastic. Ill wait to see it.
The main stadium in Russia for the winter olympics had something similar I think

Edit : Yes it did

52f51106e8e44e1a220000c7_the-stadiums-of-sochi_bolshoy-960x720-530x397.jpg

Brought this up on the main board and thought I'd bring it up here as it is a simple and obvious idea I really haven't heard anything about.

We have this thing called a river which the stadium is right next to.
On this thing called a river at main destinations are things called jetties.
Travelling to and fro these things called jetties are boats called ferries.
In these boats called ferries are people travelling to and fro destinations in close proximity to the river.

IDEA - Build a jetty at the stadium and start making better use of our river system for transport. Look at Sydney and Hobart to see how it's done.
Ferries and river taxi's taking people to Perth, Sth Perth, Fremantle is such an obvious idea and one that will free up some of the other modes of transport.

Brought this up on the main board and thought I'd bring it up here as it is a simple and obvious idea I really haven't heard anything about.

In these boats called ferries are people travelling to and fro destinations in close proximity to the river.

IDEA - Build a jetty at the stadium and start making better use of our river system for transport. Look at Sydney and Hobart to see how it's done.
Ferries and river taxi's taking people to Perth, Sth Perth, Fremantle is such an obvious idea and one that will free up some of the other modes of transport.
Going to the footy by boat.
I like it. Maybe pre game drinks on luxury cruisers.

Companies could set up where they pick you up in Fremantle and have a lunch pre game with some chardonnay then you watch the footy. Then the same goes on the way back to Freo. It would be a great tourist attraction thingy for interstaters as well as the locals to do!

I thought they were doing that.

I thought they were doing that.
So far according to the website the only thing to do with the Swan River is the pedestrian bridge.
Transport - bridge, train station (6 platforms), Vic park drive modifications, Bus infrastructure.

They keep talking about multiple transport options but no mention of boats and jetty, as far as I can find anyway.

So far according to the website the only thing to do with the Swan River is the pedestrian bridge.
Transport - bridge, train station (6 platforms), Vic park drive modifications, Bus infrastructure.

They keep talking about multiple transport options but no mention of boats and jetty, as far as I can find anyway.
1bus+1train=2... multiple. Cols grand plan:drunk:

Ah, ok. I'm sure some of the early mock ups about Burswood talked about ferries etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back