Media alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why.

Do People.

Read Sliding Doors.

And then come back here to complain about it?

Just.

Don't.

Read.

Sliding Doors.

It's terrible. It will never be anything but terrible. It will only ever make you unhappy.

Exactly. Just by clicking on that link to read the "article" you are endorsing or indicating an interest in his work. Best thing you could do is un-follow him on twitter and do not ever click or re-tweet anything with his byline.

Yep, completely agree.

For those that didn't watch Robbo and Gerard briefly commented on our application for a priority pick. Gerard compared Melb and Bris wins over the same period and was of the opinion that the AFL couldn't justify giving us a pick where they refused Melb twice. Said that if they did it would say to the competition that they are blatantly favouring the Lions as a frontier team. I don't think its as simple as Gerard made out though.

Robbo wasn't advocating that we necessarily get one but said its imperative that the AFL look at AFL in QLD as its struggling big time.

Anyway got a free book out of tonights viewing of 360 so not all is lost!

This might be better in the priority pick thread, but nevertheless:

I never really understand that when people raise this argument - comparing Melbourne to Brisbane - they almost never refer to the fact that Melbourne were for all intents and purposes found guilty of tanking (with the widely held assumption that it was going on for more than just one year during this period).

If the tanking saga wasn't a huge factor in the Melbourne priority decision (which of course the AFL would never admit), I would be shocked.

Knowing some of the figures (which I looked at last year) - the Lions have been the second worst performing team in the comp over the last 11 years. The tanking issue meant Melbourne could not be overtly reward for their behaviour (some would argue this was the reason for the higher Frawley compensation pick). So just comparing the raw numbers without reference to that is ludicrous.

This might be better in the priority pick thread, but nevertheless:

I never really understand that when people raise this argument - comparing Melbourne to Brisbane - they almost never refer to the fact that Melbourne were for all intents and purposes found guilty of tanking (with the widely held assumption that it was going on for more than just one year during this period).

Were not.

They were fined for NOT tanking.

Get it right.;)

The problem for us is that in each 2012 and 2013 we won 10 games. And even in 2014 we won 7. If we repeat this year's effort next year we might be a chance, but not now.
I hope the afl commision might dig a bit deeper then the afl360 crew a mere comparison of wins and losses over the last 4 years to that of the melbourne demons may suggest that we have no grounds priority pick but the fact their lack of a competitive list was due to drafting error and not retention like ours should be more then enough to secure draft assistance. If not, then perhaps our decline in win/loss record. Or perhaps the non afl state might be enough just to name a few.

Just watched the Hughesy spray, interesting the way merrett reacted and grabbed Aish when he copped that comment, seemed kind of like he was looking out for him. Liked something about it. I think we over value the whole 'loyalty to your mates at the club' thing, obviously players like Hanley and Rocky being the exception - I don't think most would Give a s**t what the other players wanted to do with their career's.

PP's are not strictly based on on field results are they? Melbourne had half their coaching panel and CEO paid for and recently moved into a new training facility. can't compare apples and eggs.
Apparently based on a number of criteria - on-field and off - but kept pretty secret these days in terms of how they are applied. e.g. Win/loss record, percentage, injuries, membership, last played finals/premierships etc, with most weighting given to recent years.

Just watched the Hughesy spray, interesting the way merrett reacted and grabbed Aish when he copped that comment, seemed kind of like he was looking out for him. Liked something about it. I think we over value the whole 'loyalty to your mates at the club' thing, obviously players like Hanley and Rocky being the exception - I don't think most would Give a s**t what the other players wanted to do with their career's.
Any chance of someone putting up a video clip of this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to say I thought Aish handled the ribbing from Hughesy very well.....didn't seem embarassed, awkward or annoyed at all. Looked like a genuine laugh to me.

When you see him looking happy and at ease in that enviroment, you have to wonder.

All managers should be banned! Nothing but troublemakers....

The players always seem to get around him.
He appears to be well liked.

Have to say I thought Aish handled the ribbing from Hughesy very well.....didn't seem embarassed, awkward or annoyed at all. Looked like a genuine laugh to me.

When you see him looking happy and at ease in that enviroment, you have to wonder.

Its not the managers fault. If Aish wanted to stay, then Pickering would say he would be staying.

Why.

Do People.

Read Sliding Doors.

And then come back here to complain about it?

Just.

Don't.

Read.

Sliding Doors.

It's terrible. It will never be anything but terrible. It will only ever make you unhappy.
Need to use language they'll understand.

IF you don't read Sliding Doors
THEN you will be a better person.

I thought he looked totally awkward and was just waiting for Hughesy to have a crack at him o_O

Can you provide a recap of what he said?
Swans Interview revolved around players injured : freeman, close. Dermie was interested to see freeman again. No continuity with rocky and Pearce out. Extremely happy with beams bundy and robbo.
Regarding aish: treating him as still a member of the team. Apparently still in dialogue.
Terry Wallace brought up the pp and also the fa ( luey) example. His reckoning was no pp but same situation as Frawley last year. He noted luey same if not more valuable. Therefore lions could get 1+2 as same as last year. Swannys response was pretty much "yep"
Only one issue brought up apparently lueys wife is a qld girl.

Sen is definitely swannys mouth piece for the South!

Can you provide a recap of what he said?
Was hilarious. Wheels so clearly greased to support a PP. Only question is whether it was just by Swanny or the AFL as well.

Both Dermy and even moreso The List Mangler couldn't have been more effusive in their support.

Wallace strongly pitched the case for a PP, concluding that the League needs a strong Brisbane. Pointed out the Dees had 18 first round picks when they were rejected etc. Also suggested that if Leuey goes then a rd1 compo pick should be handed over.

Also touched on Leuey and Aish. Lots of ground covered. Well worth a listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back