News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting ABC radio interview
Yeah, he talked a lot but didn't say much. Just another politician.

As far as I'm concerned, the media can go and * themselves. They've been potting the club for two years with some pretty stupid criticism, while ignoring some of the legitimate issues. Like Cornes calling the club arrogant, claiming Elliott Yeo was overweight and saying our rebuild was miles off track. I mean, there were times we were calling up amateurs from the WAFL to play games because our injury list was so bad. Yeo, Barrass and McGovern get a good run with injuries, and suddenly they're shocked that the team isn't as terrible as they thought.

And they are desperately trying to sell the narative that the revival is entirely driven by a 19-year-old in his first season. Yep, Reid has been terrific, but there is an entire club, working their arse off to try and improve things. Simpson cops most of the flack for the drop, but doesn't get any of the credit for the (mini) revival?

McRae's comments re; the draw on 360 were fairly honest.

Basically draw is unfair to everyone at some point but then also made the point that Collingwood plays more games at the MCG than anyone else before asking 'is that fair'?

It was interesting listening to him

He made the point that all clubs get s**t patches throughout the year so that it kinda evens out which on face value sounds reasonable

Until you really look at it and some clubs get more s**t patches than others. You can guess which ones don’t

Hardwick then chimed in with a comment re travel and the difference it makes. It’s something I hear regularly from one time Victorians that end up at the WA clubs in particular how they never really understood how difficult the travel factor is

But any issues due to it fall on deaf ears at Victoria based AFL house

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically said Harley's $ worth on his next contract is immeasurable because of what he brings to the club on and off the field. I did have a chuckle when Gaz was said he's going to bring in more memberships when we already got 100,000 members :tearsofjoy:

A little bit of love for a finally fit Elliot Yeo/McGovern and an in form Tim Kelly wouldn't go astray.

Basically said Harley's $ worth on his next contract is immeasurable because of what he brings to the club on and off the field. I did have a chuckle when Gaz was said he's going to bring in more memberships when we already got 100,000 members :tearsofjoy:
Well i can kinda agree with him. It might not be a s**t ton of kids but he could easily convert a generation of kids on to us cause of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back