News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

How did Petch not get a mark of the year nomination for his huge pack mark?
Was at least better than Rhylee West's one.

Last edited:
Thought this comment by Clarko flew under the radar.
Not that it's wrong, because it's the same situation as us.
But I reckon if Simmo had come out and said it, he would've
been slaughtered.

Clarkson said after the 70-point loss to Brisbane in Gather Round on Friday the club had worn the brunt of a difficult start to the season.

“There probably couldn’t be a tougher draw in the competition than what we’ve copped,” Clarkson said.
“We have had three of the top four sides in the comp and Fremantle who are also an accomplished side and played finals the year before.

“And it doesn’t get any easier next week, we have got the Cats in Geelong.
“We know where we are at as a footy club and when we are playing against these really good sides … to be able to do it for four sustainable quarters is really tough for us.”

For anyone interested in the full Don Pyke interview that Sam McClure played a tiny clip of - it starts at the 55min mark in the link below:

My own dumb fault for still having an account in 2024, but * me the lack of knowledge around the advantages norfen clubs have with their academies on Facebook is pissing me off.

"If Sydney's academy is so good, there's nothing stopping the wet toast e-girls from having their own"

Farkwit.

Thought this comment by Clarko flew under the radar.
Not that it's wrong, because it's the same situation as us.
But I reckon if Simmo had come out and said it, he would've
been slaughtered.

Clarkson said after the 70-point loss to Brisbane in Gather Round on Friday the club had worn the brunt of a difficult start to the season.

“There probably couldn’t be a tougher draw in the competition than what we’ve copped,” Clarkson said.
“We have had three of the top four sides in the comp and Fremantle who are also an accomplished side and played finals the year before.

“And it doesn’t get any easier next week, we have got the Cats in Geelong.
“We know where we are at as a footy club and when we are playing against these really good sides … to be able to do it for four sustainable quarters is really tough for us.”
Geelong the opposite, Saints Adelaide Hawthorn Wbd North Melbourne.

So credit to Nat Edwards. Asked why no swans and eagles on access all areas and she replied.

So they filmed the segment then cut it, or just cut it from the run sheet and didn't delve into it at all? The latter I can understand, but if they filmed it and then decided AAA was going to go too long, that's about the dumbest thing I have heard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also some positive talk on the couch. The salt coming from Gary is just... so good. you can hear the annoyance that Reid went to us.

Gary was fine in that

Sam Maclure probably just guaranteed that his Harley Reid comments will never ever die, now..
Kane doesn’t like us either but even he was trying to distance himself from that argument Sam was making.

He seems like he is aspiring to be Kane Cornes, just without the credibility or ability to put a coherent argument together.

So they filmed the segment then cut it, or just cut it from the run sheet and didn't delve into it at all? The latter I can understand, but if they filmed it and then decided AAA was going to go too long, that's about the dumbest thing I have heard.
Isn't this a streamed show? Who gives a s**t if it has a few minutes variability each week.

Isn't this a streamed show? Who gives a s**t if it has a few minutes variability each week.

Pre-recorded and chopped together I think, but the point remains. It's additional content on their own website. They are bound by nothing but potentially paying Damian Barrett per word spoken as to why they couldn't cover all games and issues of each round.

He seems like he is aspiring to be Kane Cornes, just without the credibility or ability to put a coherent argument together.

I actually dont mind Kane. He is no frills, hard line with opinions. He demands alot, and is alittle old school thinking.

But atleast he goes out and says his piece and if he gets wrong I have seen him say he got it wrong.

As for his comments on Eagles and Reid. Alot of fans probably agree that Simmo needs to go, I am not one of them and would make that exit come post season. And he has said right now isnt the time to do so.

I think Cornes has forgotten how lucky Port are, majority of their picks have come in while GWS GCS were being established. No academies at that point in time and were able to get Wingard Wines, Impey, trade in Ryder/Dixon, push players out to get a golden draft hand in 2018 - Rozee, Duursma and Butters and kissed on the dick with us helping them in 2023 with JHF.

One mistake and Port would have probably fallen down the order....they just got lucky or recruited ridiculously well.

Sam Maclure probably just guaranteed that his Harley Reid comments will never ever die, now..
Kane doesn’t like us either but even he was trying to distance himself from that argument Sam was making.

And his eyes are too close together on that potato head with swept back straw on top.

I actually dont mind Kane. He is no frills, hard line with opinions. He demands alot, and is alittle old school thinking.

But atleast he goes out and says his piece and if he gets wrong I have seen him say he got it wrong.

As for his comments on Eagles and Reid. Alot of fans probably agree that Simmo needs to go, I am not one of them and would make that exit come post season. And he has said right now isnt the time to do so.

I think Cornes has forgotten how lucky Port are, majority of their picks have come in while GWS GCS were being established. No academies at that point in time and were able to get Wingard Wines, Impey, trade in Ryder/Dixon, push players out to get a golden draft hand in 2018 - Rozee, Duursma and Butters and kissed on the dick with us helping them in 2023 with JHF.

One mistake and Port would have probably fallen down the order....they just got lucky or recruited ridiculously well.
Oh I meant Sam Maclure is aspiring to be Kane Cornes, just lacks all of the things that Kane actually does bring.

I agree with this for the most part. Kane does usually bring a fair bit of insight. He gets on his high horse a bit too much in some respects but usually he brings an opinion that is more or less based on some facts.

I would respect him a little more if his criticisms included Port Adelaide, though. If they lose, He will scoff at criticism directed at them despite a glaring record against top teams home and away. For example, Butters having such a poor finals record would not have escaped his notice if he was wearing another jumper.

The whole show had some truly weird moments.

Caro defends Kane (spud) against an attack from Darcy (spud) when Darcy (correctly) said Kane is totally negative and the meanest with his comments.

Then Maclure (spud) gets shouted down by Kane (spud) and others over his incorrect and ridiculous comments on how WCE should have
1. split pick one (as Reid alone can’t lift us);
2. traded Darling (to whom?);
3. taken the two first round picks from Sydney for TB (wrong); and
4. to show how many old players we had, used a graphic showing the ages of our older players three years hence - when Harley’s next contract was due (WTF!)

It was a stunning display of arrogance and idiocy, with his lack of accuracy making him look totally unprofessional.

I thought Maguire was bad until Hutchinson came along, then Kane overtook them, but now Maclure surpasses them all.

Just when you thought the vAFL media couldn’t get worse … 😀

Remove this Banner Ad

Back