Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Even though most of Brisbane's stars weren't playing tonight, I was happy with the win.

Best (in order) for me were: Bizzell, Whelan, Rivers, Bell, Bruce, McLean, Robertson and Yze.

Of the debutants, Moloney was a tad disappointing. Still, 12 possessions in those conditions isn't too bad. PJ did bugger all for 3 quarters but was on fire at the end! Worth persisting with IMO. Dunn isn't ready for AFL yet...

Bell and McLean will play 400 games between them at the MFC. Both ooze class (speaking of Ooze, he played pretty well too!).

Most of the old timers were good. Neita and White both did jack ********, but we still won so meh...

Sylvia back next week, so I say bring on Round 2!

Yeah Flash was pretty useless tonight.

My changes for next week would be:

In. Sylvia
Out. Williams (go away for good), Dunn, Godfrey

Remembering that we're only allowed 6 on the bench...

I want to post something insightful... but I'm too tired.

Bell rules. McLean rules. Er... Moloney will get better. Rivers and Miller good.

Bleh, I'm going to bed. You better be there Sunday BT!

A good win for the Dees the best thing to come out of the game would be the young guys Mclean,Bell, Also Rivers has just started of from last year. Cant wait for next week.

yup signs are all good...only downer was williams but hey what can u do....

Rivers picking up where he left off
Backline is awesome just missing the FB apart from that its gold
Wheatley has gone to a new level i think

i thought it was a gr8 performance but i liked the set play inside 50 where a player would drive inside then there would be a designated kicker waiting outside who would go for goal from outside
that was clever

Why the hell was Williams playing? He shouldve been fired like 2 years ago.
I didnt see the game, however I think we should've won by more than we did, considering 11 premiership players were out (Voss, Aka, Brown, Black, Lappin that come to mind). Never mind, a wins a win i suppose.

Very impressed with McLean and Bell.

Good to see Rivers has continued his strong displays into 2005.

Rapt to see Bizzell get himself in the best few players as he struggled after coming back from the facial injury he sustained last season.

Hopefully Sylvia is right to play next week.

Marns said:
Why the hell was Williams playing? He shouldve been fired like 2 years ago.
I didnt see the game, however I think we should've won by more than we did, considering 11 premiership players were out (Voss, Aka, Brown, Black, Lappin that come to mind). Never mind, a wins a win i suppose.

yeah i can see what you are saying however i was happy with the performance because our backline went really well. I am still not sure about ferg Bradshaw was hurting him but o well maybe give it time. An absolute thrashing would have been a pretty big ask their backline with Mal and leper was still quite formidable so i thought i was a pretty solid effort

Unfortunately I don't have pay TV so I had to rely on the net to find out all the info but I saw a few highlights and we looked good. Very happy that without Neita and Whitey firing we still gave them a thrashing. To beat them by more than that would've been pretty hard with most of their backline still intact. From the stats I saw I was actually pretty happy with Moloney as he had 12 disposals, yet 8 of those were handballs which shows he should be getting into those packs and that is exactly what our midfield needs. Looking at our stats our disposals were a lot more spread out and it seems that we didn't seem to have many standouts, more of a team effort.
And another thing did Miller play on Leppitsch?
Rivers played very well and if Miller did play on Leppitsch it appeared he didn't play too badly at all. Also fantastic efforts by Brock and Daniel.
I'm hanging out for this afternoon's game between Carlton and Essendon as I think whichever teams wins we should play well against, but to be honest I'd rather Carlton to win to give us more of a test as Essendon without Lloyd isn't a huge threat and I'd rather leave playing them until Round 1.
Go Dees 05!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BT said:
I didn't think Williams was that bad on Saturday, especially by his standards anyway. His kicking is still poor, but he seemed to read the play well & was a linkman in a few good moves.
Did you see his shot for goal from 30m out directly in front? Appalling, and he's been missing them his whole career.

Sylvia Saint said:
Did you see his shot for goal from 30m out directly in front? Appalling, and he's been missing them his whole career.

Yeah it was obviously a shocker but Power missed one from even closer in the first term. I acknowledged his kicking was poor didn't I? :)

I saw a few glimpses of decency regardless, but I'm not gonna get too excited about him yet.

There's one thing that we all have to be wary of, Carlton. They looked very good on Sunday and it will be a good challenge for the Dees. I think the one area that we will tame them in is the midfiled, but the backline is the key. Tame there forward line!

Demon ADI said:
There's one thing that we all have to be wary of, Carlton. They looked very good on Sunday and it will be a good challenge for the Dees. I think the one area that we will tame them in is the midfiled, but the backline is the key. Tame there forward line!

the only team you need to worry about is St kilda, :confused: mate!

Nick off said:
the only team you need to worry about is St kilda, :confused: mate!

haha LOL we are just taking it one game at a time there chief not engraving our names on a premiership cup for 05 unlike someone else!!! if we play the saints then we will worry about them....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back