Merry Christmas to All!

Remove this Banner Ad

While I to wish everyone a Merry Christmas , I do wonder what we are doing really. Just what is that we celebrate on Dec 25th each year?

We live in a Western style society , a society with many good points to be sure but I do wonder at the continual roll out of these commercial seasons that seem hell bent only to encouraging us to spending on meaningless stuff. The time of the year where every store has a man in red and a never ending canned audio full of crappy , wintery Christmas songs that have very little to do with us. Merry? I see people every where with scours , hurrying to fill the next person on their list , struggling with the size of the crowds , the length of the lines and the lack of parking.

I don’t know what Christmas means to everyone on this board , let alone Merry Christmas but to me as much as anything it’s the season of Children. They seem to see the best in this time of year while I as an adult see only the cynical demand for dollars , the commercial extortion of what was meant to be an idealistic time.

So yes , I wish all the best. I especially wish this to guys like Catempire and Geecat and Chapmanmagic35 and all the others who I have debated with , and contrasted ideas against in posting on this board. For me , places like this board represents the best about our so called democratic society. It allows the expression of ideas and brings together people of reasonably similar interests. It’s the freedom of this expression that perhaps is more important than any of the Ho’Ho’s that you will hear espoused at this time of year.

All the best to all and go the hoops in 07

Guys, thanks to all who have had a good verbal with me over the year, like you I love the Cats and can't wait for season 2007 to start.

Stuff the cricket, get it on now.

I hope everyone will be doing the same as me, i.e. trying to eat my body weight and drink as much as possible over the Xmas week.

Also I wish that the Cats make the finals and keep us all happy. We are lucky to have a group of young guns coming through, which has kept the memberships flowing, I hope we can continue to grow as a footy club and culture down at Geelong.

Everyone on the Cats board, hope your 2007 dreams come true.

j

Merry Xmas to all on the board. Looking forward to 2007 now, if we make the finals and see the development of some real potential young stars and improvement from others...I will accept that....anything above that will be a bonus. Whilst some are dubious I am encouraged by news filtering out about pre season training. I know fitness doesnt mean that everything is going to fit into place but its something we havent properly had since 2004 I suspect.

Whilst I was seething at the end of the 2006 season which prompted me to join BigFooty soon after...I think Bomber will get far more adequate support in areas that were obviously lacking last season....so I am open minded presently as to how its all going to work for next season with a good number of new appointments.

I think sneaking into the top four is a possibility with so many of our guys already in or close to their prime. Its certainly a good time for wishful thinking anyway if thats all it turns out to be!

See you next year sometime.

Wow 2006. Seems like a lifetime and a half ago.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year guys, hope all fellow Geelong supporters have a good one. :christmastree:🎅🎁:beercheers:🥂
Happy to recycle a thread!

Merry Christmas everyone. May the beer be cold, the weather be fine, and the leg spin smashing your father in laws middle stump

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back