Rumour Michael Voss to coach carlton 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Why Voss. What can voss do any different that Mick hasn't with the list the club has

Voss can engineer Brendan Fevola's return to the club ? :thumbsu:

I think Carlton have much more soul searching to do rather than attempt to revive their fortunes with a coach that didn't really hit the ground running the first time around.

No way Mick is at the club next year. From what I saw yesterday he has well and truly lost the players.
Carlton need to act and act soon to get him out of the club. Dean Laidley can coach us for the rest of the year and then we do an exhaustive search to find the right person for a job.

You know it's getting bad when three passionate Carlton supporters (myself included in these three) just sit there with our arms folded late in the final quarter yesterday and couldn't give a crap about what's happening out on the ground.

I will spew blood and bile for a month if we appoint Voss. He has shown absolutely nothing, zero, zilch, zip, nada to indicate that he has what it takes to be a successful senior coach and to build a team.

Plenty of others out there such as Dew, Bolton, Tudor and Bassett with far more coaching runs on the board than Voss.

Though, knowing our board, after an exhaustive and thorough vetting of all potential candidates (ie - a board meeting with champagne and caviar and glibly mentioning Voss and Paul Roos) they will make a decision on Voss and appoint him. The new Messiah will be anointed.

That's smart by Carlton sack a proven rebuild coach in MM for a coach who was also sacked just two years ago.
LOL. Carlton has gone backwards at a rate of knots under MM, senior players have left the club and left them with massive holes that aren't being filled. The standard of the game on Sunday was terrible, I've seen better games in the VAFA. The players aren't buying what MM is selling and given the results and style of play they need someone else.

Both clubs will finish bottom two and both coaches are under the microscope as both clubs have gone backwards under their current coaches. Remember Brisbane came within a terrible umpiring decision of playing finals when Voss was sacked, now we're a joke of a team only 18 months later. Carlton played finals in MM first year and are also now a joke of a team. MM said when he first arrived they were entering the premiership window, now they are in a rebuild, so which was it Mick? Voss wasn't actually too bad, just made a bad decision in coaching a side you're a club legend at because it automatically puts a spotlight on you and fans expect more (refer Buckley who is doing a very good rebuild at Collingwood).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think Vossy was a bad coach its just that his recruiting methods were horrible, trying to top up with veterans when they weren't withing 1000 miles of contending.

Carlton cant afford that, they have by far the worst and most boring list in the AFL and need a coach that can build from scratch.

No way Mick is at the club next year. From what I saw yesterday he has well and truly lost the players.
Carlton need to act and act soon to get him out of the club. Dean Laidley can coach us for the rest of the year and then we do an exhaustive search to find the right person for a job.

You know it's getting bad when three passionate Carlton supporters (myself included in these three) just sit there with our arms folded late in the final quarter yesterday and couldn't give a crap about what's happening out on the ground.
If your going to rebuild,wouldnt you go for the fresh faced cheap as dirt low cost coach?

That's if anyone wants him and when he was in charge of us he was useless when the BF nuffies discussed him. Search engine is your friend on here about his perceived coaching ability especially when he was our HC.

As soon as he leaves though he is a gun in waiting and we were wrong. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mehhhh and spare me as i doubt Ratts gets a senior gig anywhere from here on in regardless if he wants it or not.
Another case of a club legend biting the dust.....he is not the first and won't be the last.

Would Woosha keep Rob Wiley on as team manager ???

Maybe, who knows. He turfed him out before. He also turfed out McKenna - but I've heard rumours connecting him to Woosha and Carlton as an assistant. There are a lot of positives and negatives with Woosha. The positives are he would bring a wealth of knowledge and experience. He would help rebuild the club on and off the field. But he looks burnt out to me and the end of his time at the Eagles was a bit of a schmozzle. I don't find him all that convincing when he said he has re-found the spark. If you were going to hire him as a coach you want to make sure his heart is 100% in it or it will just be another Blight at St Kilda type of deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back