Player Watch Mitch Hinge - Re-signed until 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

What were his issues at Brisbane. I vaguely recall he may have been injury prone?

Originally pick 20 in the 2017 rookie draft. A few clubs must not have rated him. Congrats to the recruiters that gave him a chance with us.
That's something that always makes me laugh. When a player doesn't get drafted in the National draft and that is used to say they don't have talent. "Well, if all the clubs recruiting staff passed over him, be obviously isn't that good".

We re-signed Hinge late last year as we were worried about list spots, just think about that. I know for a fact it was touch and go.
Mac And Cheese Macaroni GIF by MOODMAN

What were his issues at Brisbane. I vaguely recall he may have been injury prone?

Originally pick 20 in the 2017 rookie draft. A few clubs must not have rated him. Congrats to the recruiters that gave him a chance with us.
Pretty sure like Keays it was the queue. They rated Mitch significantly higher than Keays and at least publicly didn't want him to go, but he essentially declined a new contract and asked to be delisted. He was fringe enough that he likely wouldn't play much over the following couple of years at least so they didn't make too much of a deal of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although it's probably been asked many times already, I'm going to ask it seriously again.

What is stopping Mitch Hinge becoming the big bodied, bullocking midfielder we're all asking for? He's hard at the ball, tackles tough, has immense burst power and speed. AND... a beautifully penetrating foot.

To my eye, he's got Jordan Degoey similarities.

Thoughts???

Apparently the second best intercept possession player behind Sam Taylor in the last six weeks, just ahead of Darcy Moore

Pretty good for a DFA

Apparently the second best intercept possession player behind Sam Taylor in the last six weeks, just ahead of Darcy Moore

Pretty good for a DFA
We don't need Doedee. Hinge doing that role well.

Let Doedee go.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back