Mitchell Incident With Fyfe

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
As being highlighted in the Hawks/Freo game, Mitchell has kneed Nate Fyfe in the leg in much the same way as he did Tex Walker a couple of weeks ago which resulted in a nasty corky.

While Fyfe is back on field playing, he did have to leave for a while & there can be no doubt now that these acts are premeditated.

I await the AFL & MRP's response to what can really only be described as 'dog acts'.

Shades of Sammy with Walker where he is involved in a collision and the other party comes away with a cork.

Will the MRP take action or deem it as they did with Taylor Walker:
Contact between Hawthorn’s Sam Mitchell and the Adelaide Crows’ Taylor Walker from the second quarter of Thursday’s match was assessed. Walker approaches Mitchell to shepherd him from his teammate as Adelaide moves the ball forward. Michell raises his arm and leg to protect himself and brace for contact, and makes contact with Walker.

Will the MRP be able to use the finding for the Walker incident?

"Contact between Hawthorn’s Sam Mitchell and the Adelaide Crows’ Taylor Walker from the second quarter of Thursday’s match was assessed. Walker approaches Mitchell to shepherd him from his teammate as Adelaide moves the ball forward. Michell raises his arm and leg to protect himself and brace for contact, and makes contact with Walker."

he is running toward players & raises a knee to inflict damage. he isnt doing it in self defense or for any other purpose but to inflict injury

Dear oh dear. Blinded by hatred. BOTH Fyfe and Walker initiated contact. Happy for the MRP to discuss whrther Mitchells protection of himself was reasonable, I'm not sure, but he is protecting himself from the block. He is NOT lining these guys up off the ball and kneeing them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shades of Sammy with Walker where he is involved in a collision and the other party comes away with a cork.
Will the MRP take action or deem it as they did with Taylor Walker:
Let's play the MRP excuse game. Will it be:
1. Protecting himself in play.
2. Incidental contact.
3. Insufficient force.

We all know he'll get off being a dirty sniper yet again, but it'll be interesting to see how they let him off. ;)

Dear oh dear. Blinded by hatred. BOTH Fyfe and Walker initiated contact. Happy for the MRP to discuss whrther Mitchells protection of himself was reasonable, I'm not sure, but he is protecting himself from the block. He is NOT lining these guys up off the ball and kneeing them.

you are kidding, watch the clip above

I used to do this to my brothers in backyard footy all the time! Haha! (Cmon, they were bigger than me!)

But yeah its an easy way to take someone out. I am just lucky Mum didn't have access to video.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back