Frankencow

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2006
Kensington
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
South Yarra
But the great thing about our side this year as 'Frankencow' has stated is our depth, because I am unsure if it was Doveton's best side playing on the weekend, but it was our 'C - Grade' side.. there was about 10+ guys who played against doveton who wouldn't be in our best 22!.. and to still beat doveton which we saw as a danger game was great result for us.
And yes it was us asking to play more teams in the comp.. especially the reserves comp.. we have TOO many players.. literally almost 20 guys miss out each week.. and I would hate to be a guy not in our best 22 come round 12 when the rotation policy stops..

This (on another thread) confirmed that it was Mount the SFL Chairman was referring too when saying the SFL had been approached by a club about fielding more than 2 sides, possibly 4, next year. Interested to hear thoughts on how this should work?

It's obviously great Mount has those numbers, but how would you want your club to approach this? Pick four sides on ability, having the best to in the ones, next two in the twos? Should the SFL treat them as two separate teams (as in two different lots of ones and twos) with two separate lists? I think there should be some sort of safeguard in place to stop Mount transferring players between teams depending on the opposition, and what if they played finals against each other?

My ideal solution would be to give Mount two Div 2 teams (ones and twos) and the same in Div 3. If Mount keep going this way, they might get to Div 2 regardless.

I think since we have enough players to have 3 teams atleast..
and to operate as having a 1st's side (play in the senior comp), and 2 sides in the reserves comp.. and to state maybe by round 3 or 4 to have finalised lists for both sides... so this would stop players being transferred from one team to the other in regards to the opposition we are playing..
I think it should work that all our players (including our regular senior players) get split into 2 teams, so that anybody player can play seniors but the rest will play in their designated reserves side... this would atleast get rid of the bye in the reserves comp.. and if there are any opposition senior players needing more game time when their side have the bye, they can still get the match practice against our reserves side..

and to operate as having a 1st's side (play in the senior comp), and 2 sides in the reserves comp.. and to state maybe by round 3 or 4 to have finalised lists for both sides... so this would stop players being transferred from one team to the other in regards to the opposition we are playing..
I think it should work that all our players (including our regular senior players) get split into 2 teams, so that anybody player can play seniors but the rest will play in their designated reserves side... this would atleast get rid of the bye in the reserves comp.. and if there are any opposition senior players needing more game time when their side have the bye, they can still get the match practice against our reserves side..

An example of this set up is like the way West Coast Eagles are set up with thier WAFL teams... (Not saying we are AFL standard of course).. but all their listed players can play for West Coast but when they are not playing they are divided up into numerous WAFL teams.. and swapping each week depending on the opposition...

Not a bad idea, would sort of be like the Crows and SANFL players, belonging to the same senior team but one of two Reserves lists.

An example of this set up is like the way West Coast Eagles are set up with thier WAFL teams... (Not saying we are AFL standard of course).. but all their listed players can play for West Coast but when they are not playing they are divided up into numerous WAFL teams.. and swapping each week depending on the opposition...
Yeah, exactly, we were obviously posting at the same time.

What do you think would happen to the second team in regards to home ground?
The obvious solution is to play one at home and then the other away on the same week. However that results in one of the sides playing the year at a different venue to the seniors, and therefore leaves them without any supporters during the game.
Maybe they could start an early game before the normal reserves game. Say 10.00am start or something like that.

What do you think would happen to the second team in regards to home ground?
The obvious solution is to play one at home and then the other away on the same week. However that results in one of the sides playing the year at a different venue to the seniors, and therefore leaves them without any supporters during the game.
Maybe they could start an early game before the normal reserves game. Say 10.00am start or something like that.
You still might get a lack of supporters. I have to leave at 9-9:30 to make the normal time Reserves game! :D

GET RID OF DIVY 3 ALTOGETHER.COME DOWN THE GOON AND WATCH SOME GOOD FOOTY.DRINK TINNYS FEW HOTTIES AND PLENTY OF TITIES DOWN HERE!!
GO THE GOON "NAR NAR"

are you $hitting me? plenty of hotties? lots of tities? i work out that way and see some of these so called "hotties", apart from 4-5 half decent netballers at each club, they all belong with the other cows grazing in paddocks!!take your mum and your sisters off to market and get off this thread bb!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back