Morris into leadership group - Announced at AGM

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with the sentiment but will reserve judgement as to see if he cant change it around.
I hope he can also, for he is going to be part of the 2015 squad and I would like to see him improve in especially his decision making. As I stated before his courage is unquestioned and if he could be calmer at the crucial moments in a game the club would be much better served.

I hope he can also, for he is going to be part of the 2015 squad and I would like to see him improve in especially his decision making. As I stated before his courage is unquestioned and if he could be calmer at the crucial moments in a game the club would be much better served.

Totally agree. 2 years ago people were saying the exact same things about the current AA CHB, so let's hope Morris can clean his game up :thumbsu:

His decision making isn't the biggest isuue for me, more so his defending against the 'best' small fwds, not just the average ones. If he can get better at this, then we get better. I hope a fixed shoulder will help in this regard but will wait and see.

His decision making isn't the biggest isuue for me, more so his defending against the 'best' small fwds, not just the average ones. If he can get better at this, then we get better. I hope a fixed shoulder will help in this regard but will wait and see.

I think you'll get your wish flea. Morris just strikes me as the ultimate team man & will raise the bar higher with the extra responsibility of leadership. But as you say, we'll wait & see....

Make up your mind.
if you had read all the posts properly, I stated his courage is unquestioned but he is over exuberant in his attack on the contest, that he often takes out the Richmond player or goes to ground and that he needs to be more measured in decision making. Before you copy a couple of the replies and throw them back, read them all to get the entire story.

Last edited:
if you had read all the posts properly, I stated his courage is unquestioned but he is over exuberant in his attack on the contest, that he often takes out the Richmond player or goes to ground and that he needs to be more measured in decision making. Before you copy a couple of the replies and throw them back, read them all to get the entire story.
All 524 posts? Thanks for the offer but i,ll be late for Xmas.2016

You don't think he did well against the best smalls in 2013?

Agree with the over exuberance but others like Rance had the same thing and managed to tone it down or read the moment. Rance against the Swans was full of exuberance but well timed.

I like Morris as a shut down player but I don't know about him on the attack. Might be a step too far? I'd like to see him rebound more but perhaps you can't have everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't think he did well against the best smalls in 2013?
Its a while a go, but yes he did well on some, but not others. That doesn't mean that at times he commits errors ie not staying tight on opponents, then having to try the hail mary dive to spoil, which sometimes is successful. I agree he did well in 13' but imo he was a let down in 14'. Lets hope its more due to injury, and he can get back to at least 13' levels. He just doesn't stay on his man well enough and over commits too much. I want him to succeed because then we all succeed.

Its a while a go, but yes he did well on some, but not others. That doesn't mean that at times he commits errors ie not staying tight on opponents, then having to try the hail mary dive to spoil, which sometimes is successful. I agree he did well in 13' but imo he was a let down in 14'. Lets hope its more due to injury, and he can get back to at least 13' levels. He just doesn't stay on his man well enough and over commits too much. I want him to succeed because then we all succeed.

I have no real proof flea but I wonder if trying to be more attacking contributed to his season (& Injury ?). It's a bit of a fine line when your looking to transition to attack (you want to put a bit of space between you & who your playing on) sometimes that can backfire if there's a turnover. But I think he'll get the balance right. Especially when others around him lift also, that will give him more confidence to attack & genuinely commit to it. Sometimes your unsure on the field of doing something so you hedge a bit & end up doing neither thing well (if that makes sense). I think that happened a bit to Steve this season...

I have no real proof flea but I wonder if trying to be more attacking contributed to his season (& Injury ?). It's a bit of a fine line when your looking to transition to attack (you want to put a bit of space between you & who your playing on) sometimes that can backfire if there's a turnover. But I think he'll get the balance right. Especially when others around him lift also, that will give him more confidence to attack & genuinely commit to it. Sometimes your unsure on the field of doing something so you hedge a bit & end up doing neither thing well (if that makes sense). I think that happened a bit to Steve this season...
Maybe so we will see this year. Not writing him off just yet but he does need to improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back