• Leigh Colbert

Votes: 32 26.9%
  • Allen Christensen

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • Mark Thomson

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • No one. I love everyone who has ever pulled on the blue and white hoops!

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Gary Ayres

Votes: 16 13.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Harley is a dickhead

To each their own but them be pretty strong words for a 2 time Premiership Captain. I get his efforts in the media have not impressed many - myself included - but without his leadership and grabbing the playing group by the aggots - along with a few others - we very well might not have 3 in 5.

Not just in the winning either, but the creation of that culture we are supporters are proud of today.

Just saying…

GO Catters

Torn between two, Colbert and Murphy. One is obvious, but Murphy was just a sea gull, didn't give a s**t about the club, and really lacked the leadership of what a high priced senior player should have.

A major disappointment.
Yeah but at least he didn't accept the captaincy and then decide to walk out on us though. I honestly don't hate very many people but Leigh Colbert gets my blood boiling! :mad:

He left the club in a mess, which we actually recovered from quite quickly but no thanks to him though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't Murphy ringing up Carlton the night before we were playing them and telling them our tactics. Preety low.
Tom Harley was a great captain but he is so self serving and such a suck up while also being so uninteresting I can't stand him anymore.
Was such a dog act when Colbert left. Was so demoralising for the club at the time.
Have no beef with any of the others.
Always hated Bruce Linder for some reason. Think it was his face or something.

didn't we get Murphy as part of a trade and he didn't even want to play for Geelong but had to for that year in question?

Quite embarrassing to think of some of the names we use to recruit. The off cuts that others didn't want to keep

Didn't he go back to Carlton after being traded to us?

Will have to look at the play of that trade once I've returned home.

Yeah but at least he didn't accept the captaincy and then decide to walk out on us though. I honestly don't hate very many people but Leigh Colbert gets my blood boiling! :mad:

He left the club in a mess, which we actually recovered from quite quickly but no thanks to him though.
I find it hard to hate a guy that allowed us to net us Cameron Mooney and Corey Enright.

Looking back on that trade, I think we won out of it even though Spriggs and Bray didn't work out.

Enright = 3 premierships, 2 B+F, 5 X AA
Mooney = 3 premierships, 1 X AA, leading goal kicker in '07 & '09

Colbert = Hmmmm, did he get his pilot's licence after he left?

Not trying to disrespect that achievement mind you...

I find it hard to hate a guy that allowed us to net us Cameron Mooney and Corey Enright.

Looking back on that trade, I think we won out of it even though Spriggs and Bray didn't work out.

Yeah we did really well out of the trade but no one could have known that at the time and neither could he. As our captain he left us in our greatest hour of need and I'll never forgive him for that!

Of course in hindsight it worked out tremendously well for us but it still doesn't change any of the facts at the time.

Was Enright part of it? He was pick 47, so either way, plenty of clubs could have grabbed him before we did (including of course, ourselves).

I can't believe Colbert is out polling the maggot, Justin Murphy.

As much as I despised Colbert for deserting the Cats, it does appear he had it rough with certain veteran players refusing to acknowledge him as captain, and Colbert has behaved well since he left the club.

But I will never forget or forgive Murphy for deserting the Cats on that fateful day when Milburn knocked Silvagni out. He refused to walk off with his "team mates" and thus demonstrated where his allegiances lay.

Edit: just read other posts. I am not alone!!

Was Enright part of it? He was pick 47, so either way, plenty of clubs could have grabbed him before we did (including of course, ourselves).
He was who we picked up with that pick.

When I made my initial post it was done with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek. I was having a dig at Colbert and North.

Stan The Caddy is quite correct (and I think you are alluding to it as well) in saying we weren't to know how it would work out.

After all, Spriggs and Bray both illustrate that argument nicely.

On top of that, the timing of Colbert's departure was piss poor.

I try not to think of Justin Murphy as an ex-Geelong player.

He did. He flew me Syd-Melb on Tiger a fortnight ago.

I have no hate for him. Or pretty much anyone else for that matter tbh. Footy is a business, they can go where they like.

Back