List Mgmt. Motlop: signed, sealed and delivered

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think there's an argument of what he is worth when on fire, it's what he's worth when he isn't. Only a week or so ago some wondered of a bag of peanuts was too much.

Possessions also don't necessarily mean impact. His skills and pace should provide impact, to change the outcome.

His game of the weekend was by far his best this year. Great impact on the game. I thought he used his pace regularly to his advantage and took the game on.

Also apart from the whole quality of his play argument there's also leadership which the club clearly rates higher than most clubs. Is he at the stage where he's helping other players develop their games? Does he lead by example?

I'd say in some ways he does (he know how to make things happen in key moments) but there are clearly question marks over him off-field.

So does he deserve as much as Selwood, Taylor, Hawkins of Dangerfield if he comes (guns in their prime and clearly influential leaders as well)? I'd say clearly not. So let's say we're working our cap to include space for Dangerfield. If he definitely shouldn't be in our top 4 paid players do we really have enough to pay him 650k+ and still keep together all our playing list? I sort of doubt it.

In the end if we're giving him a reasonable offer that fits what he brings to the table then we shouldn't make an exception and up it for him (or anybody else for that matter). If he's not willing to stay and wants to leave for more money then so be it. He's a very, very good player but nobody is irreplaceable. We of all teams should know that.

if he's playing poor footy because he doesn't want to be there - is that the attitude you want to bring to the club? Even Bucks played good footy at his last year at Brisbane.
It would depend on the circumstances, which I'm not privy to.

Time to take our medicine and just pay him the larger contract he wants. I'd say he is getting offers of around 700, our offer is probably 450 now. Up it to 600 and get it done for 3 years.
600K would be about the most that we could offer him I reckon. Otherwise you start getting into Selwood and Hawkins territory and he just isn't worth that.

I don't get why would we have to bump what is acceptable.. on the back of one game v GWS. Mots stats this year show what he is capable of ...extreme highs and some pretty ordinary stats as well. Lets wait and see if he current form can be sustained..if it can he will have pushed into B&F type form.

Screen Shot 2015-07-27 at 11.27.29 pm.png

Face facts, I have in losing PD, if PD ends up at your club, Motlop will not be there. I would rather PD than Motlop anyway.
There is nothing factual about this.

If you want to contribute here be careful what you say.

Face facts, I have in losing PD, if PD ends up at your club, Motlop will not be there. I would rather PD than Motlop anyway.

You're so right.
I mean they are almost exactly the same!

PD: Free agent, never said he wants to stay at the Crows, wants to come home.
SM: Not free agent, says he wants to stay at the Cats, is at home.

Oh, wait...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really not that concerned about the money if he wants to stay and the club wants him there an arrangement will be struck,the more concerning thing for me is the unexpected and sudden departure of a couple of his brothers, is there an underlying problem we don't know about that will/has influence his decision?
Premature evacuation?

IF we get Danger, I will feel for crows fans as I know how I felt when we lost GAJ (who is far superior to danger anyway).

But, I am going to love every one of your tears after Adelaide DON'T MATCH.

That is their best option, and they are smart (unlike you) - therefore they will do what is best for the club, which is to not match.

You're going to argue that you will match, but your arguments are full of holes and the reasons why you wont match have already been explained to you (which you ignore - blinded by emotion) so I will not bother replying.

IF we get Danger, I will feel for crows fans as I know how I felt when we lost GAJ (who is far superior to danger anyway).

But, I am going to love every one of your tears after Adelaide DON'T MATCH.

That is their best option, and they are smart (unlike you) - therefore they will do what is best for the club, which is to not match.

You're going to argue that you will match, but your arguments are full of holes and the reasons why you wont match have already been explained to you (which you ignore - blinded by emotion) so I will not bother replying.
nail. head. See ya marty!

seriously we don't care about your opinion on our players and who you would prefer
maybe tell the crows girls you are bored

because if the ade board was such a great place not sure why you are slumming it up here

I don't get why would we have to bump what is acceptable.. on the back of one game v GWS. Mots stats this year show what he is capable of ...extreme highs and some pretty ordinary stats as well. Lets wait and see if he current form can be sustained..if it can he will have pushed into B&F type form.

View attachment 156808

Motlop has been offered about 450 a year from the Cats. He wants about 550.
GWS have made him a 7 year offer which was put on the table back in May.
Could be why he played his best game of the year last week.
My take is he wants to stay at Geelong but just wants them to edge closer to his requested amount.
Not unreasonable but I think he would have to accept an offer of under 500 to fit into Geelongs plans.
Lets hope he doesnt take off over an extra 50k after tax.

Motlop has been offered about 450 a year from the Cats. He wants about 550.
GWS have made him a 7 year offer which was put on the table back in May.
Could be why he played his best game of the year last week.
My take is he wants to stay at Geelong but just wants them to edge closer to his requested amount.
Not unreasonable but I think he would have to accept an offer of under 500 to fit into Geelongs plans.
Lets hope he doesnt take off over an extra 50k after tax.

I would have thought 450 was actually a little unders for him. 550, to me anyway, seems quite reasonable in this market. I can imagine closer to D-day we may meet him half way. Would be a good result for both parties. Surely the club has enough wriggle room within their contract structures to find $50k for him?

I would have thought 450 was actually a little unders for him. 550, to me anyway, seems quite reasonable in this market. I can imagine closer to D-day we may meet him half way. Would be a good result for both parties. Surely the club has enough wriggle room within their contract structures to find $50k for him?
I'm comfortable at 500. But not more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back