Murray FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admire your determination , but u play footy by the rules whether you like the rule or not , if the rule doesn't work strength of numbers can change the rule but the power of one is limited but if all pdfnl are on board well I suppose you never know ,it's hard to get people to do all the jobs around the footy club let alone fight the governing body

Yet you think a rule which means more work for volunteers mucking around with points for no Good reason is ok?
My god Browny this governing body is accountable to no one and I mean absolutely no one we can't vote them out or anything. So if they have agendas to harm small clubs in interests of major league clubs how on earth do we change that without making a fuss?
Have you tried talking with them?
I tried with one of the AFLGM directors they just want it all there way they wouldn't even consider major issues even when I could easily show how things would play out. This at a time when they freely admitted they hadn't worked the plan out properly.
It's wrong that all they are considering is punishing picola league for keeping out or for questioning their authority simply because we didn't want to sign up to something that wasn't even finalised.
They need more women on the board to dilute the effect of some of their egos in my humble opinion :D:D

But pdfnl are the only league that is not part of the points system I think ,there is likely backlash for standing alone, is that why u have not got umpires ? What's to stop vcfl of not clearing players to your league . I agree with hank points system probably won't work but l think u have to work with the system
I'll put in very blatant terms .
Someone tries to sell something that they have previously told you is s**t , yes manure . It looks , smells and feels like s**t . You ask more questions and they refuse to answer them . You ask others that have tried it and they tell you it is toxic and that don't want it anymore .
Do you take a massive bite or let others lead the way and see the issues they have with it ??

If in the system PDFNL players are ranked ,and therefore are more attractive as prospective recruits, lower than the 3 leagues they currently most recruit to and from . O&M , MFL and GVFL , to the other direction is AFL NSW who do recruit out of the same area and at the time of making a decision were not looking at any such system .
Keep in mind that this system is to be based on home grown talent and assumably the ranking of leagues whether it be community or premium league is based on home grown talent .
The PDFNL has on average about 25% of the GM schoolboys and has had 2 of the best players of the carnival over the past 3 years .
Something like 11 tac players last year started their footy in the PDFNL and have had 4 draftees in the past 5 years . In comparison the KDFL which the PDFNL is ranked the same as hasn't had a draftee IIRC since 1998 a schoolboys rep or TAC rep for a bloody long time .
On top of this in their wisdom everything is being done to filter players toward GV clubs this includes the development of under 12's comps without any consideration to local under 14 comps and this includes clubs like rumba and congupna being severely affected . It is allegedly purposed that those kids will become GVFL home players .
lastly are you aware that SA has thrown this system out because it doesn't work or that a similar system that has been operating in a Vic league was challenged legally and settled out of court in favour of the club who challenged the system ?
The same club has tried to advise AFL Vic of ways to avoid further action which the PDFNL are aware of.
AFL Vic can't discriminate against a member , they know that and so do the PDFNL .

Someone tries to sell something that they have previously told you is s**t , yes manure . It looks , smells and feels like s**t . You ask more questions and they refuse to answer them . You ask others that have tried it and they tell you it is toxic and that don't want it anymore .
Do you take a massive bite or let others lead the way and see the issues they have with it ??

If in the system PDFNL players are ranked ,and therefore are more attractive as prospective recruits, lower than the 3 leagues they currently most recruit to and from . O&M , MFL and GVFL , to the other direction is AFL NSW who do recruit out of the same area and at the time of making a decision were not looking at any such system .
Keep in mind that this system is to be based on home grown talent and assumably the ranking of leagues whether it be community or premium league is based on home grown talent .
The PDFNL has on average about 25% of the GM schoolboys and has had 2 of the best players of the carnival over the past 3 years .
Something like 11 tac players last year started their footy in the PDFNL and have had 4 draftees in the past 5 years . In comparison the KDFL which the PDFNL is ranked the same as hasn't had a draftee IIRC since 1998 a schoolboys rep or TAC rep for a bloody long time .
On top of this in their wisdom everything is being done to filter players toward GV clubs this includes the development of under 12's comps without any consideration to local under 14 comps and this includes clubs like rumba and congupna being severely affected . It is allegedly purposed that those kids will become GVFL home players .
lastly are you aware that SA has thrown this system out because it doesn't work or that a similar system that has been operating in a Vic league was challenged legally and settled out of court in favour of the club who challenged the system ?
The same club has tried to advise AFL Vic of ways to avoid further action which the PDFNL are aware of.
AFL Vic can't discriminate against a member , they know that and so do the PDFNL .

Stop using :Dmy name

Yet you think a rule which means more work for volunteers mucking around with points for no Good reason is ok?
My god Browny this governing body is accountable to no one and I mean absolutely no one we can't vote them out or anything. So if they have agendas to harm small clubs in interests of major league clubs how on earth do we change that without making a fuss?
Have you tried talking with them?
I tried with one of the AFLGM directors they just want it all there way they wouldn't even consider major issues even when I could easily show how things would play out. This at a time when they freely admitted they hadn't worked the plan out properly.
It's wrong that all they are considering is punishing picola league for keeping out or for questioning their authority simply because we didn't want to sign up to something that wasn't even finalised.
They need more women on the board to dilute the effect of some of their egos in my humble opinion :D:D
Wilty u know what governing bodies have done to the life blood of this area water, u know when politicians are in town when there picture is on front page of paper, and they seem to be listening what a joke :)

Last edited:

It is long slow , expensive process going thru the courts ,just speaking from experience

Wilty u know what governing bodies have done to the life blood of this area water, u know when politicians are in town when there picture is on front page of paper, and they seem to be listening what a joke :)

Your point? If I follow your advice we should have let them decide to take whatever the governing body saw fit without question? We shouldn't question the decisions regarding use of environmental water? Not sure what your trying to say here?

Your point? If I follow your advice we should have let them decide to take whatever the governing body saw fit without question? We shouldn't question the decisions regarding use of environmental water? Not sure what your trying to say here?
My point is pdfl is a little player in the scheme of country footy, it is going to be a battle to be heard , and probably near impossible to change policy already implemented . But best of luck to you for your passion
Ps if you changed your previous statement from clubs to towns u would get my drift on governments & authority

Interesting analogy between water and football, the government and GMW got there way with water transfers unbundling and environmental water which we were told was the best thing since sliced bread , effectively turned an oasis into a semi desert , are AFL victoria the new GMW with the new points system that is supposed to revolutionise country footy , time will tell .

My point is pdfl is a little player in the scheme of country footy, it is going to be a battle to be heard , and probably near impossible to change policy already implemented . But best of luck to you for your passion
Ps if you changed your previous statement from clubs to towns u would get my drift on governments & authority

I think we have more chAnce of getting better results with the water than pdfnl changing that policy. Why because we are now getting a louder voice across the basin I'm actually a bit more confident with things happening so watch this space or the front page of your paper :D

So that says just how badly I think of those governing country football. But it also highlights why country football is in trouble it has nothing to do with dollars paid to players but the egos of clubs that they only think of success of their club at senior level and not what ultimately is in interests of communities for which football for the whole family is such an important part of the social fabric.

I think we have more chAnce of getting better results with the water than pdfnl changing that policy. Why because we are now getting a louder voice across the basin I'm actually a bit more confident with things happening so watch this space or the front page of your paper :D

So that says just how badly I think of those governing country football. But it also highlights why country football is in trouble it has nothing to do with dollars paid to players but the egos of clubs that they only think of success of their club at senior level and not what ultimately is in interests of communities for which football for the whole family is such an important part of the social fabric.
I hope our voice is heard , because that will help this area more than anything. every team wishes if they play well they have a chance of winning and if they don't play well they lose that's the best competition u can get !

I hope our voice is heard , because that will help this area more than anything. every team wishes if they play well they have a chance of winning and if they don't play well they lose that's the best competition u can get !

I understand teams wishing to play well but I think this whinging about money spent is more sour grapes by some clubs.
This whinging has led to this stupid points system which is most definitely discriminatory against picola league.
Major league clubs spending on big name recruits then having a sook if a minor league club poached their players effecting their numbers and trying to say that's the problem is a crock!! Im not necessarily referring to Rams and Finley and perhaps not so much MFL even .
I think Rams and Finley with surrounding pdfnl clubs had the makings of zones that could have worked really with a bit of work even if just with juniors. Drop the sledging over standard and just encourage and keep as many kids as possible playing.

I understand teams wishing to play well but I think this whinging about money spent is more sour grapes by some clubs.
This whinging has led to this stupid points system which is most definitely discriminatory against picola league.
Major league clubs spending on big name recruits then having a sook if a minor league club poached their players effecting their numbers and trying to say that's the problem is a crock!! Im not necessarily referring to Rams and Finley and perhaps not so much MFL even .
I think Rams and Finley with surrounding pdfnl clubs had the makings of zones that could have worked really with a bit of work even if just with juniors. Drop the sledging over standard and just encourage and keep as many kids as possible playing.
I just like getting a rise out of roar :)no better feeling than seeing kids love the game & improve ,but sometimes it is easier to improve if u have players of same ilk beside you. Can focus more on team less on u

I just like getting a rise out of roar :)no better feeling than seeing kids love the game & improve ,but sometimes it is easier to improve if u have players of same ilk beside you. Can focus more on team less on u

Nah mate I've heard my fill from
Murray League muppets over the years don't worry about that. Mind you I give as good as I get. :D its got better though.
That's why I thought working cooperatively where possible especially in our area would get better results for football and the kids. especially at the minute whilst I'm working to solve all our water issues. So how about whilst I do that you damn well use your MFL muscles and protect my league and tell AFLVic to back off. Deal? :thumbsu::footy::rainbow:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah mate I've heard my fill from
Murray League muppets over the years don't worry about that. Mind you I give as good as I get. :D its got better though.
That's why I thought working cooperatively where possible especially in our area would get better results for football and the kids. especially at the minute whilst I'm working to solve all our water issues. So how about whilst I do that you damn well use your MFL muscles and protect my league and tell AFLVic to back off. Deal? :thumbsu::footy::rainbow:
I'm not sure if I have the muscles you need ,:) but you working on water issues might save clubs & leagues because it will provide a future for our youth

I'm not sure if I have the muscles you need ,:) but you working on water issues might save clubs & leagues because it will provide a future for our youth

Haha geez no pressure!! Its a long shot and not really much of it will be my doing but if ever people were ever gunna think more carefully how they vote that time is now. Fair few seats in the basin.

Don't you have Jacks number? :(

Better move on from politics I think. :)

Essendon players found guilty and receiving 12month ban! How will this affect Rumbalara as their 2016 coach is one of the 34?

Essendon players found guilty and receiving 12month ban! How will this affect Rumbalara as their 2016 coach is one of the 34?
from Herald-sun;
Nathan Lovett-Murray, one of the Essendon 34 who retired in 2013, said the decision was “bulls**t” and has vowed to appeal if possible.

“We will appeal it if we can if not no footy or coaching for myself this year.”

Lovett-Murray’s agent Peter Jess has indicated players are considering lodging damages claims against Essendon and the AFL.

from Herald-sun;
Nathan Lovett-Murray, one of the Essendon 34 who retired in 2013, said the decision was “bulls**t” and has vowed to appeal if possible.

“We will appeal it if we can if not no footy or coaching for myself this year.”

Lovett-Murray’s agent Peter Jess has indicated players are considering lodging damages claims against Essendon and the AFL.
He can't appeal....

Big rumour getting around Shepp Town is that Barooga has landed the signiture of shepparton Bears great on baller Nick Allen!! Can anyone at the Hawks next confirm this??
Great get of true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back