Murray FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big rumour getting around Shepp Town is that Barooga has landed the signiture of shepparton Bears great on baller Nick Allen!! Can anyone at the Hawks next confirm this??
Great get of true
Probably on the money as he had been in talks with Nathalia before xmas.

Goog old yearly rumor that 4 united players heading out to girgarre this season. True or false?

boys i am hearing that congupna are struggling big time? (in some cases i hear enough to give the year a miss with numbers), is this true?

Has the time come where the the officiating body needs to really address the welfare of the Murray League? Couple of clubs really on their knees in terms of competitiveness and longevity? Couple ideas I have.

Congupna to the Picola League?

The Egos after decades are lost and Cobram and Barooga merge to stay in the Murray League or perhaps join either the GV or O&M?

Do a tier competition with the Picola League where by the Picola League merges back as one competition and the two that play of in the granny come up into the Murray League? Or keep them seperate and the premiers from both divisions come up into the Murray league and the two on the bottom get relegated back.

So Congupna and Cobram go back and Strathmerton and Tunga come up? Thoughts?

[kQUOTE="Innovativefwd, post: 42810843, member: 150315"]Has the time come where the the officiating body needs to really address the welfare of the Murray League? Couple of clubs really on their knees in terms of competitiveness and longevity? Couple ideas I have.

The Egos after decades are lost and Cobram and Barooga merge to stay in the Murray League or perhaps join either the GV or O&M?

Do a tier competition with the Picola League where by the Picola League merges back as one competition and the two that play of in the granny come up into the Murray League? Or keep them seperate and the premiers from both divisions come up into the Murray league and the two on the bottom get relegated back.

So Congupna and Cobram go back and Strathmerton and Tunga come up? Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how these ideas can be thrown about when the last 2 years the Murray league has been the most even probably state wide.

2014 Mulwala finished 3rd and were down at 3 Qtr are time to a 3rd last Tongala in the last round.
If they lost that game they would of missed the finals and finished 7th.

Last year the last round was just as interesting for other teams.

Congupna wil bounce back, and it wasn't that long ago Cobram was in a Grandfinal and Tungamah have lost a lot of players and won't be the power of the Picola league than have been of late

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the PDFNL Shepp East have possibly won 3 times the football flags as any other club in the past decade . They have been very fortunate in maintaining numbers and is a credit to them.
Cobram won the u14's and two of the closest ever senior MFL comps . So not sure proposed regulation delegation system suggestedis warranted or valid.

Maintain the solution to increasing player numbers and in particular senior players is to get rid of junior comps . Yarrawonga is a fantastic example where the amount of junior sides in the area is equal the amount of senior teams . All of the clubs and surrounding clubs continue to have good playing numbers and it seems to work extremely good
The child Care centre (SDJFL) is continually having a negative effect on clubs surrounding Shepp , such as Ardmona , congupna , rumba , Dookie .

[kQUOTE="Innovativefwd, post: 42810843, member: 150315"]Has the time come where the the officiating body needs to really address the welfare of the Murray League? Couple of clubs really on their knees in terms of competitiveness and longevity? Couple ideas I have.

So Congupna and Cobram go back and Strathmerton and Tunga come up? Thoughts?

I'm not sure how these ideas can be thrown about when the last 2 years the Murray league has been the most even probably state wide.

2014 Mulwala finished 3rd and were down at 3 Qtr are time to a 3rd last Tongala in the last round.

Congupna wil bounce back, and it wasn't that long ago Cobram was in a Grandfinal and Tungamah have lost a lot of players and won't be the power of the Picola league than have been of late

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Probably the unluckiest club ever was Nathalia in 2014. Sitting 3rd going into the last round, drew the last game and finished 7th!

Congupna might be struggling this year, but relegating them to pfnl is a bit of an a overkill . They have always been competitive and some years they challenge . It is a very competitive close to shep for players

Probably the unluckiest club ever was Nathalia in 2014. Sitting 3rd going into the last round, drew the last game and finished 7th![/QUOTE]

Yes, I couldn't remember who it was it happened too!
Though unlucky, proves the league is in pretty good shape!

Probably the unluckiest club ever was Nathalia in 2014. Sitting 3rd going into the last round, drew the last game and finished 7th!

Yes, I couldn't remember who it was it happened too!
Though unlucky, proves the league is in pretty good shape!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
I think Finley was unluckier in 2014 grand final hit post 3 times , some marks that should have been payed weren't ,some dodgy decisions for rumba . Am I still crying :( yes

I agree
Congupna might be struggling this year, but relegating them to pfnl is a bit of an a overkill . They have always been competitive and some years they challenge . It is a very competitive close to shep for players

I agree the road will be back again every team goes thru it at some stage and while Cobram have been down as of late their juniors are doing well so I believe they will be back. Every League has a few teams that struggle it's just how footy works but the evenness of our league is great and if don't don't turn up switched you'll get beat.
How is everyone looking this year with new players hoing your clubs Rumba have their first practice match against Air Port west on the 27th of Feb.
The footy year is coming quick.

very quiet regarding recruits across the league this year, in comparison to the last couple of seasons anyway... does anyone think the points system has been a factor so far?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

very quiet regarding recruits across the league this year, in comparison to the last couple of seasons anyway... does anyone think the points system has been a factor so far?
No, if any club has any dramas staying under the points this year then they will have no chance moving forward. Won't be an issue this season with the point amount, and the two point concession given.

fair enough.. I don't know if its just the lack of gossip im getting from not only mfl but gv in general..

I think it's a few things maybe clubs haven't tried recruiting as much cause they believe they have the cattle. I believe because our league is so tight that clubs are keeping there recruits a secrete. We will see now that clearances are open who has picked up who

Rumba have a few outs early is the only thing of note so far

Havent won a Flag since 91 in the Tungamah League and the last time they played finals in 2011 they spent huge cash they can no longer get together. The word from within the Road is they will be very lucky to get a seconds side together this year and winning a game at senior level will be like winning a flag. Its time to look at other options outside the Picola League for sure.

Havent won a Flag since 91 in the Tungamah League and the last time they played finals in 2011 they spent huge cash they can no longer get together. The word from within the Road is they will be very lucky to get a seconds side together this year and winning a game at senior level will be like winning a flag. Its time to look at other options outside the Picola League for sure.

Have been told they only have 7 senior capable players on their list.

Have been told they only have 7 senior capable players on their list.
Yer Mifka and Bowles 1 and 2 in the Best and Fairest last year plus Douglas Sidebottom Hicks Smith the list rolls are all gone out of a side who only won a few games. They have had a few meetings the past few weeks about the dire situation they are facing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back