Murray Football League (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Murray Football League

Wont say to much yet but 1 team will have a non-playing coach next year due to injury.

Mate what is the point of that post? We are not here to guess info-we want hard core straight to the point info. You can't discuss that type of info on a discussion board and personally i'm too busy to 'pin the tail on the donkey' so give us the facts!

Matt met with Toc a couple nights ago...

Did either him or his Brother sign? Could be two handy inclusions. One would think With Lee Warnett coaching there would be one other Warnett definite on his way there and a possibility of another Warnett to head up there as well?

Did either him or his Brother sign? Could be two handy inclusions. One would think With Lee Warnett coaching there would be one other Warnett definite on his way there and a possibility of another Warnett to head up there as well?
Is Tyson Warnett of Moroopna any relation to Lee?

Brother or Cousin? There is one who plays for Finley, Ben. Either way does anybody know the possibility of these two heading to the Bloods?

Ben is brother, Tyson isnt a brother and dont know if he is any relation at all

Brother or Cousin? There is one who plays for Finley, Ben. Either way does anybody know the possibility of these two heading to the Bloods?
Ben is Lee's Brother as already pointed out. He is heading to Toc as he lives there and Lee is coaching.
Tyson is his cousin and if doesnt get rookie listed will be a massive pick up for the bloods.

Ben is Lee's Brother as already pointed out. He is heading to Toc as he lives there and Lee is coaching.
Tyson is his cousin and if doesnt get rookie listed will be a massive pick up for the bloods.

Was told that the appointment of Warnett was againts the wishes of some players, as they are not fans, said he might get alot of ball but gets caught trying to do to much to often and not much of a speaker. But you can't keep them all happy!
There should be at least one Toc player on the way to Cobram.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thursday, 1st November 2007
Power-ful signing at Rumba

By Richard Goodbody

Rumbalara dropped a bombshell on its rivals yesterday when it signed former Port Adelaide onballer Derek Murray for next season.
The lightning-fast midfielder, who was selected by the Power with the 54th pick at the 1998 National Draft, played 23 AFL games before being delisted at the end of 2002.
Having relocated to Shepparton recently, the 27-year-old said he was looking forward to lining up with his new club as it chases its first Murray Football League premiership.
"I can't wait to play with Rumba," Murray said.
"It looks like it's going to be a good year. They've already signed two or three and if we can secure a couple more, then we're going to be going pretty well.
"I think our first preseason run is on November 15 and then we're going to do a boot camp.
"I'm just itching to get out there."
With the ink still drying on Murray's signature, Rumbalara will now turn its attentions to securing a senior coach.
According to club president Paul Briggs, Rumba will not be rushed into making a hasty decision, preferring instead to bide its time in order to find the right candidate.
"We're really excited about having Derek come in," Briggs said.
"We've had two years in the Murray Football League and we're steadily improving and we think Derek can help with that.
"We're talking to a number of people (about the coaching position), but it's important we find the right person and we don't rush it.
"We're looking for good people managers, that's our prerequisite."
While Briggs confirmed the club had spoken to former St Kilda star Gilbert McAdam, who is based in Shepparton, about the position, a final decision will not be made until the comings weeks.

Recruits to lift Hawks

By Richard Goodbody

Barooga's premiership quest appears on track after the Hawks unveiled three bluechip recruits yesterday.
Less than eight weeks after Nathalia ended their fairytale run in the Murray Football League Grand Final, the Hawks have signalled their intentions for next year by signing Mooroopna's Shaun Robbins, Shepparton's Brent Chapman and Yarrawonga's Dallas Gallagher.
In a major coup, the trio will add some much-needed size to the Hawks' outfit, which is trying to break the Purples' recent stranglehold on the competition's holy grail.
"We've picked up a couple of handy ones," Barooga coach Matt Byers said.
"Shaun will play centre half-back for us, while Brent will be a great asset to the midfield.
"He's got silky skills and he can run and carry the ball.
"Dallas is a big fella as well. He's six-footfour and will line up at centre half-forward."
During a decorated career at Mooroopna, Robbins, who claimed the Cats' best-andfairest in 2003, has been one of the Goulburn Valley's most lethal bigmen and will find a handy ally in Chapman.
The classy onballer, who has more than 100 senior games next to his name, has explosive pace and will be well suited to the Murray league's huge grounds.
Rounding out the trio is Gallagher.
The former Pigeon was a genuine star in Ovens and Murray Football League and is hopeful of enticing his brothers, Zach and Chris, to the Hawks' ranks as well.
"It's great to get a couple of early signatures," Byers said.
"Hopefully it encourages a few others to jump onboard.
"We weren't that far off last year, so hopefully it shows a few who are considering playing for us that we're serious about winning a premiership."

Ex-Bulldogs are enticed to return to the pack

Tocumwal best-andfairest winner Ben Margery will return to Wodonga next year.
Earlier this week it was announced that Margery and Scott Clancey would both rejoin the Bulldogs after spending the past two seasons in Murray Football League.
Bulldogs coach Jarrod Twitt said the pair had been on Wodonga's recruiting radar ever since they departed the kennel.
He said the Bulldogs' efforts in making the preliminary final had convinced the pair that the club wasn't far off tasting success.
"They are going to be fantastic, they are Wodonga boys so it will be good to have them back around the place," Twitt said.
"We've been trying to get them back for the last couple of years and it just hasn't worked.
"This year they are keen to come back after watching our finals series and they are good mates with a lot of the boys playing here already."
Margery was one of the hard luck stories of the Bulldogs' droughtbreaking premiership in 2004.
Having played in Wodonga's losing 2003 grand final team, he made some appearances for the senior team the following year but fell out of favour at the pointy end of the season.
"He is a hardrunning midfielder who will come back to us a more experienced and better player," Twitt said.
"He has got a dangerous left foot and he will complement our midfield well."
Clancy was among the Bulldogs' best in the 2004 premiership, restricting then Hoppers star - now coach - Travis Hodgson's impact on the game to almost non-existent.
"With Scott back it just means that we can start being a bit more flexible," Twitt said.
- with The Border Mail

I know this one is a bit late and has already been spoken about but just thought i'd add it.

Wednesday, 31st October 2007
Lee has Blood pumping

By Richard Goodbody

Lee Warnett has committed to Tocumwal and will take over the reins of the club.
The Tatura premiership hero - who finished second in the Bloods' best-andfairest this year - will succeed Gary Downie, who did not seek a second term in charge.
Since making his debut with the Bloods, the 25-year-old has electrified the Murray Football League and is looking forward to the challenge.
"It should be good," he said.
"I enjoyed myself at Tocumwal this year and have really enjoyed the culture.
"We didn't win as many games as we would have liked, but I'm hopeful of retaining most of our list and hopefully we can add a few.
"We need a couple of key position players and we're currently speaking to three or four."
While Jarrod Pollard and best-and-fairest winner Sean Logie are currently living in Melbourne, Warnett said he was confident of retaining the talented duo, as well as adding some bigger bodies.
One name linked to the club is former AFL utility Anthony Mellington, who stood down as coach of Shepparton in August.
The former Fitzroy and North Melbourne player would be a quality player in the MFL, but Warnett was keeping tight-lipped.
"I haven't spoken to Mel," Warnett said.
"I've heard he doesn't want to coach, but he might want to have a run and we'd be happy to have him.
"I'll probably have a chat to him at some stage."
The Bloods are scheduled to kick off their Murray league campaign against Barooga on April 5 next year.

Anyone know much about Joel Price, played at Yarrawonga couple of years ago then went Canberra way with Frawley I think.

Think the Tigers may have secured his services!!

Heh ringo for a guy who is to "busy" to play pin the tail on the donkey
you spend a hell of a lot of time here.

There is a big chance Tyson will join his cousins Lee and Ben at Tocumwal in 2008. But as you said, pending his chances to be rookie listed. He is a very slick and clean footballer and will slot into the Bloods' midfield well.

Anyone know much about Joel Price, played at Yarrawonga couple of years ago then went Canberra way with Frawley I think.

Think the Tigers may have secured his services!!

Heh ringo for a guy who is to "busy" to play pin the tail on the donkey
you spend a hell of a lot of time here.

Obviously u have learnt to spell and write in the past 20years Hirdy! Heard that the Cobramboys will be a much better unit next year. Hope to catch up with u soon hirdy

There is a big chance Tyson will join his cousins Lee and Ben at Tocumwal in 2008. But as you said, pending his chances to be rookie listed. He is a very slick and clean footballer and will slot into the Bloods' midfield well.

if tyson isn't drafted i wouldn't expect him to play anywhere except mooroopna.

possum warnett to make a comeback for toc seconds. will send a shiver down the spine of any opponent

haha, not sure his legs will carry him, but I'm sure his presence on the bench in the ones will still be enough, opposition teams will need to make sure that they don't start any fights near the Toc interchange!! Is beautiful to watch the 86 GF knowing that him and Butch were taking care of business in the 1st 1/4 fraca.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back