Murray Football League (Part 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been informed Barooga made a big play for two very handy small forwards and have been successful in securing their signatures. Seymour's Saad Saad and Heidelberg's Shane Harvey have joined the Hawks for pay cheques rumored to be $50k each for the season. Apparently old man Brooks is sick and tired of pouring money into the club and having nothing to show for it. Last roll of the dice perhaps?

*puts on flamesuit and awaits big_hawk's grilling*

I feel sorry for old man Brooks putting all the money in over the past 4-5 years and just seeing it wasted on blokes who didn't perform when they needed to. I imagine all the blokes that he got from Shepp etc aren't that concerned as they'd would have bought nice cars or put deposits on houses courtesty of Brooks and the sporties. Getting Harvey and Saad would be the way to go as you know they will perform. If they were paying average players who couldn't touch it in finals $800 a game then they're better paying those two $2K as they would be 5 times better players. Barooga and Brooks were a bit stiff that they ran into Nathalia for a few years and they were all pretty much related so it was going to be tough to beat them but they must be furious with their high priced recruits from last year not getting the job done.

I feel sorry for old man Brooks putting all the money in over the past 4-5 years and just seeing it wasted on blokes who didn't perform when they needed to. I imagine all the blokes that he got from Shepp etc aren't that concerned as they'd would have bought nice cars or put deposits on houses courtesty of Brooks and the sporties. Getting Harvey and Saad would be the way to go as you know they will perform. If they were paying average players who couldn't touch it in finals $800 a game then they're better paying those two $2K as they would be 5 times better players. Barooga and Brooks were a bit stiff that they ran into Nathalia for a few years and they were all pretty much related so it was going to be tough to beat them but they must be furious with their high priced recruits from last year not getting the job done.

Im hearing you there Johnie... They seem to recruiting any player they can get no matter the cost, instead of recruiting the players they need and for the club to set the price.. Oh well if they cant see the big picture and look closer to home than thats their problem..

As for Saad Saad I can pretty much say that he has been offered better money to go to another club ( not MFL ) so he wont be playing for Barooga...

Im hearing you there Johnie... They seem to recruiting any player they can get no matter the cost, instead of recruiting the players they need and for the club to set the price.. Oh well if they cant see the big picture and look closer to home than thats their problem..

As for Saad Saad I can pretty much say that he has been offered better money to go to another club ( not MFL ) so he wont be playing for Barooga...

As for Saad Saad I can pretty much say that he has been offered better money to go to another club ( not MFL ) so he wont be playing for Barooga.

Can you name the club then Footymack? Has been linked to Heathcote,Northcote Park, Congupna and Barooga

As for Saad Saad I can pretty much say that he has been offered better money to go to another club ( not MFL ) so he wont be playing for Barooga.

Can you name the club then Footymack? Has been linked to Heathcote,Northcote Park, Congupna and Barooga

All Im going to say ringo is that it isnt the last 2 teams that you have mentioned.........

Your spot on with the clubs Saad has been talking to ringo, but here's the current situation as I understand it.

1/ Saad will not be playing at Seymour this year
2/ He will not go to Barooga as he would not play against his former coach - Daniels
3/ Highly unlikely to go to Heathcote as he doesn't know anyone there
4/ A fair chance to go to Northcote Park as he is good mates with Joe Amad and it is close to home
5/ He does enjoy the fan fare he receives when playing in the Goulburn Valley area, as well as the coverage from our local papers etc. For this reason, Congupna remains a good chance if he decides to play in the bush.
6/ Last I heard, he was going to have a year off from footy.

My prediction is that he will go with option 6, but come May he will be missing his footy and will play at Congupna under his former coach.

Your spot on with the clubs Saad has been talking to ringo, but here's the current situation as I understand it.

1/ Saad will not be playing at Seymour this year
2/ He will not go to Barooga as he would not play against his former coach - Daniels
3/ Highly unlikely to go to Heathcote as he doesn't know anyone there
4/ A fair chance to go to Northcote Park as he is good mates with Joe Amad and it is close to home
5/ He does enjoy the fan fare he receives when playing in the Goulburn Valley area, as well as the coverage from our local papers etc. For this reason, Congupna remains a good chance if he decides to play in the bush.
6/ Last I heard, he was going to have a year off from footy.

My prediction is that he will go with option 6, but come May he will be missing his footy and will play at Congupna under his former coach.

perhaps he could play for wagga wagga or gumly gumly . ha ha wouldnt that be funny, good luck to him , just trying to be funny

barooga will get harvey but not saad saad, toc have lost 5 to six players and finley have signed a large number of players who are still bringing mates

(Log in to remove this ad.)

barooga will get harvey but not saad saad, toc have lost 5 to six players and finley have signed a large number of players who are still bringing mates

You seem pretty sertain about Harvey??? Tell us more!!!

Who have Toc lost I only know of Dundavik who has gone back to Adelaide, Oh and Logie,,

Its great to see that Finley have picked up, they maybe a much better side this year then one would think...

Who else has signed for Barooga?? Theres not much being said!

You seem pretty sertain about Harvey??? Tell us more!!!

Who have Toc lost I only know of Dundavik who has gone back to Adelaide, Oh and Logie,,

Its great to see that Finley have picked up, they maybe a much better side this year then one would think...

Who else has signed for Barooga?? Theres not much being said!

We were up having tea at the sporties at the weekend and i got talking to a fella who i think played a few games for Toc twos last year, He was telling me that they have lost a fair few especially in there reserves. They have only been getting 3-4 reserve players to training and 3-4 juniors. He tryed to tell me that Stuart Roe is coaching the res, and that not many of the boys like him as he didn't give them the time of day last year. This fella couldn't stand him and says the Roe is wrecking a really good club as he does every thing his way or the highway. Why would Roe want to coach the res?? This bloke is going to play at yarroweyah along with 7 others. He reckons that they will have big troubles getting numbers for res and u14s. This is sad if this is the case, how are others traveling with numbers? Cobram have been quite after getting alot of recruits early...

We were up having tea at the sporties at the weekend and i got talking to a fella who i think played a few games for Toc twos last year, He was telling me that they have lost a fair few especially in there reserves. They have only been getting 3-4 reserve players to training and 3-4 juniors. He tryed to tell me that Stuart Roe is coaching the res, and that not many of the boys like him as he didn't give them the time of day last year. This fella couldn't stand him and says the Roe is wrecking a really good club as he does every thing his way or the highway. Why would Roe want to coach the res?? This bloke is going to play at yarroweyah along with 7 others. He reckons that they will have big troubles getting numbers for res and u14s. This is sad if this is the case, how are others traveling with numbers? Cobram have been quite after getting alot of recruits early...

Well that will bite you on the arse if you didnt give the res players the time of day as the senior coach and know you are the res coach,,, Why would Roe want to coach the res anyway I agree. That will put the pressure on Lucas Whyte if they arent getting many numbers and blokes are leaving!!

Yeah Cobram have gone quite havent they!!! I wonder if they have picked up anymore and arent broadcasting it,, I hear that they are getting 30+ to training most nights though so thats got to be a positive for the new coach, I wonder how the boys are getting along with Robert Osborne, I havent heard that much about him??

Well that will bite you on the arse if you didnt give the res players the time of day as the senior coach and know you are the res coach,,, Why would Roe want to coach the res anyway I agree. That will put the pressure on Lucas Whyte if they arent getting many numbers and blokes are leaving!!

Yeah Cobram have gone quite havent they!!! I wonder if they have picked up anymore and arent broadcasting it,, I hear that they are getting 30+ to training most nights though so thats got to be a positive for the new coach, I wonder how the boys are getting along with Robert Osborne, I havent heard that much about him??

Top bloke, loves his piss, and is gonna owe me a couple of slabs!!!:D:D:D

Talk of finely signing three big names out of melbourne very good players. Thats not including crawfords crew. they have also signed four ex-locals that also can play, a bloke from barooga and more to come.

Anyone herd of this and with names

Future lies with young stars
Mick Allen, James Roscoe, Paul Van Der Sluys, Luke Agg, Adrian Beer and Ryan Hon _ six of Moama's grand final players from last season who have all departed the club ahead of season 2010.
Now, just over two months out from the start of the season, Moama has declared that its future lies with the likes of local youngsters Angus Grigg, Jack Bourke, Matt Rickards, James Gilligan, Lachlan Thorp and Ben Fitzpatrick.

``We have several quality up-and-comers. They are the future of our club,'' Moama president Alan Green said.

``(We want to) develop a strong club based on local talent. . . providing an opportunity of becoming a long term player to be part of club history.''

The losses have not fazed co-coaches Shannon Keam and Luke Eldridge, who said while their positions would be hard to replace, there was plenty of capable talent to do the job.

``Probably six is a small turnover in country footy these days,'' Keam said.

``It probably just opens the door for those blokes who did miss out (on playing the grand final).''

``A couple of those blokes were a bit of an unknown last year and I think that is what we have (to do) this year.

``We have been out recruiting as well so we have got a few on board at the minute.''

Moama, who have been training three nights a week for the past fortnight and completed a triathlon on Wednesday night, have had good numbers to pre-season training, which has been a big positive.

``I think we have had between 60 and 70 blokes come through _ we have probably been averaging about 35,'' Keam said.

``It has been pretty solid,'' Eldridge said.

``We have raised the bar last year so we are looking to continue.

``We are trying to work on more strategy plays and that now and just get that base fitness.

``We do try and mix it up to keep a bit of interest.

Looking ahead, the season will be approached in a positive frame of mind.

``I think you have got to (remain positive),'' Keam said.

``You always go into the year with a bit of optimism.

``We set a bit of a platform last year so we are looking to improve and get a bit of general improvement out of every individual, I suppose.

``That way you become stronger.''

The 2010 senior leadership group has been locked in and all senior and junior coaches were secured in October.

The only thing remaining on the to-do list at this stage is to sign a couple more players to help out the younger local players.

But, the club is remaining tight lipped on names at this stage, with any announcements still a few weeks away.

``We haven't had to go nuts (with recruiting) _ we have only lost six,'' Keam said.

``We are sort of just trying to consolidate a couple of spots.

``We have had a few local blokes around the club and we are pretty confident they will come on board.

``We might have a couple more surprises up our sleeves before the season gets underway.''

Moama will hold a planning day for season 2010 at the Border Inn function room at 2.30pm on February 7. Current and former players, committee, members and parents are invited to attend, with the meeting to focus on where people linked to the club may be able to help.

``The planning day is to give people an overview of the club,'' Green said.

``It is for anyone interested in assisting us to get through 2010.

``We just need a bit of help along the way.''

_ Chris Cavanagh

Talk of finely signing three big names out of melbourne very good players. Thats not including crawfords crew. they have also signed four ex-locals that also can play, a bloke from barooga and more to come.

I have heard the same as you news teller. The club is looking like they are spending some of the massive amount of $$$ that was donated to them by a life member, It is great to see that someone who has spent so much time supporting a country club like Finley put in such a generous amount towards re-building the club. Thumbs up to all life members and general volunteers of every football/netball club, if it wasnt for these people there would be no little country clubs around any more...:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

spot on there news teller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back