Toast My St Kilda, our magnificent club, only positive comments here please :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add to the positivity... took my 6 year old daughter to Frankston Oval yesterday for the 'Rooey's Recruits' school holiday clinic & had a fantastic day. About 120 kids in attendance, rotated around through about 8 stations. Players in attendance;

Roo & Chips (goal kicking), Tom Hickey (marking), Luke Dunstan & Jarryn Geary (practice match), Luke Delaney (tackling), Joe Baker-Thomas & Dylan Roberton (ball handling), Shane Savage (Goal kicking), Josh Bruce (handballing), Eli & Jason Holmes (warm up & minor games), Joey & Billy Longer (spoke to the kids about what happens during the week, eating well, etc), Blake Acres (kicking drills).

The kids had 8 minutes doing each drill & then 4 minutes to get autographs & photos with each player. A great idea was that the arena was parent free! Only kids out there to enjoy time with the players without parents to interfere!

Another great 'feel good' day with the club. They're really making an effort to involve members (& more importantly the future members).

A special mention to Tom, Jason, Josh & Blake who were particularly awesome with the kids. I had a good chat with Blake Acres who is just a lovely down to earth kid. He mentioned that Billings was awesome in the VFL on the weekend... he seemed really excited with the early season form of his draftee mates (Jack, Luke & Eli). He said Jack is just an absolute gun.

If you get a chance to speak to Jason Holmes, he's just a very approachable & friendly bloke. Eli was getting all the attention from the kids so Jason wandered over to chat to the parents.

An absolute cracker of a day... well done to Rory Sackville for his organisation. If we can just get the merchandise bloke to get off his phone & be a little friendly things would be even better!

gotta say ive seen so many kids supporting the saints over the school holidays. Great to see

If you have a kid in the age group, I highly recommend signing them up to rooeys recruits.

It's expensive, but the two clinics with saints players is worth it.

You get about 12 groups divided by age, and they progress through goal kicking, marking, handballing, match simulations with 2 player led drills. Every time the siren sounds, you get to have something autographed and photos.

Son has gone two years in a row and had a ball.

Won a free kick in the match simulation and went back and kicked a set shot earning high fives from Dunstan and Geary, was super pumped :)

A great birthday present even for a young saints fan, I recommend it.

Well run by Rory, and players great with their time. Some really shine at this kind of thing.

I know there's going to be a lot of ups and downs still, but that win was something special, to play 4 quarters and for our young kids to have such as impact as a group, so early in there careers as well is fantastic, things are looking great for the future!

2cyfmol.jpg

Two things have recently changed: Our coach and the development academy. We now not only have a good sprinkle of youth in our best 22 but also a bunch knocking on the door for Sandy. And I wouldn't be surprised to see three rookies (Shenton, Eli and Weller) upgraded to the main list at years end. Loving it.

My toast this morning goes to the log Luke Delaney!
He's not the flashiest player, we all shuffle in our seats a bit when he gets the ball but he is exactly what we have needed for the last couple of years. Id love to know how many goals he's had kicked on him this year because with exception to the Adelaide game where everyone was terrible, I'd have him in our top 5 for the b&f and one of our most consistent players. He's playing really well considering he was the lesser of the Delaney brothers according to the north supporters.
With Bruce coming in and maybe Fisher back. Delaney is that key back which we've really needed, not only to take the big forwards but to allow Dempster & Gwilt to play their natural game.
Exciting times down at seaford...or morrabbin...or junction oval!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love that we won a big game against the odds on Saturday night and all the Sunday shows were full of praise for the Saints. I particularly liked the 3AW preview show on Sunday when they put together a compilation of the Saints goals with most of the commentary coming from Bruce Eva. From about seven minutes in.

http://media.mytalk.com.au/3AW/audio/200414-footypreview.mp3

My toast this morning goes to the log Luke Delaney!
He's not the flashiest player, we all shuffle in our seats a bit when he gets the ball but he is exactly what we have needed for the last couple of years. Id love to know how many goals he's had kicked on him this year because with exception to the Adelaide game where everyone was terrible, I'd have him in our top 5 for the b&f and one of our most consistent players. He's playing really well considering he was the lesser of the Delaney brothers according to the north supporters.
With Bruce coming in and maybe Fisher back. Delaney is that key back which we've really needed, not only to take the big forwards but to allow Dempster & Gwilt to play their natural game.
Exciting times down at seaford...or morrabbin...or junction oval!!

He is also in the age bracket we were lacking.

I included him with Geary, Faz, Newnes as a wiser head stepping up in the third.

He isn't at the club anymore but this just goes to show what type of person this bloke is. Much maligned onfield throughout his career but one thing has never been questioned and that is his love and generosity into giving back to the game and club. I speak of Justin Koschitkze..

Kosi gives up his time every so often and heads down to Sandringham's training and helps out with the young kids down there. He's been working with Elliot LeGrice closely and numerous other players. The knowledge and advice he is teaching these guys is invaluable as they strive to be the best footballers they can be and hopefully get a crack at AFL at some stage.

when our strategy came out they said we would be back at moorabbin by 2016. i was extremely skeptical that we would get the funding to redevelop the oval and thought it would be another fail to chalk up.

credit to the board and president. looks like its reality and will get done.

damn i love what our club is doing at the moment, starts from the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back