NAB Cup not televised?

Remove this Banner Ad

You have no right to say how people "SHOULD" be spending their money.

Yeah there are also people out there who think movies are good value even though they cost twice as much in Australia as the rest of the civilised world.
If less people went they would drop the price.
If less people subscribed to Foxtel they would drop their price.

In the states you can get bundles ( Internet/Homephone/TV ) for around $90.

$90 bundle must be for basic cable. If you live in the US and want all NFL games live on a Sunday you need DirecTV. The basic DirecTV package is $30pm and Sunday Ticket is $299pa. Over a year this is $55pm. Foxtel with Sports is $61pm. If you have the Sports Package for the football season only Foxtel is $53pm.

There has been a lot of debates about foxtel isn't that expensive etc etc. but I would like to throw my hat into the ring.

How about those people that physically can't get foxtel?!

I'm renting. My current house doesn't have cable so I'd have to go satellite. Landlord has said I am not allowed to install a satellite as it breaches strata rules. In any event, my lease runs up in 4 months. So I can't get foxtel the conventual way...

As for tbox and Xbox? We don't have access to proper Internet. We are on a internode 'reach' program that sees $80 p/m getting us 60gb, at adsl1 speeds. No other Internet is available!

I've called foxtel. Would happily fork out $60p/m as I am a die hard fan. But they have advised me that I have no options.

While I may be in the minority, luxury or not, not everyone has access to paytv whether they like it or not.

There has been a lot of debates about foxtel isn't that expensive etc etc. but I would like to throw my hat into the ring.

How about those people that physically can't get foxtel?!

I'm renting. My current house doesn't have cable so I'd have to go satellite. Landlord has said I am not allowed to install a satellite as it breaches strata rules. In any event, my lease runs up in 4 months. So I can't get foxtel the conventual way...

As for tbox and Xbox? We don't have access to proper Internet. We are on a internode 'reach' program that sees $80 p/m getting us 60gb, at adsl1 speeds. No other Internet is available!

I've called foxtel. Would happily fork out $60p/m as I am a die hard fan. But they have advised me that I have no options.

While I may be in the minority, luxury or not, not everyone has access to paytv whether they like it or not.

It is a joke.

Pay TV has been around for 20 years - And still some areas haven't been cabled up - This is the stone-age.

It is a joke.

Pay TV has been around for 20 years - And still some areas haven't been cabled up - This is the stone-age.

They stopped rollling out HFC in 94, but thats not important as you can get foxtel by satellite anyway where in Aus/NZ/PNG.

satellite is a better broadcast medium anyway.

They stopped rollling out HFC in 94, but thats not important as you can get foxtel by satellite anyway where in Aus/NZ/PNG.

satellite is a better broadcast medium anyway.

So why are people posting that they dont have access to Foxtel ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could live in apartments/units and they don't have access/permission to install a satellite on the roof.

Thanks.

This is my point - It is crazy that this happens after 20 years.

might be a bigfooty legend, but undereducated.

retailers in Aus have to deal with wholesalers. some of the stuff i get for my shop costs me more than US retail on the net. whose fault is that. not mine.

Whether its you or the wholesalers someone is bumping up the prices and pocketing the cash.

Havent read the thread and it might have been mentioned, but why cant the afl do an NBA.tv type thing, you buy a season/month pass and can watch live HD streams of the game on the internet, great for people who don't have foxtel but still want to watch the footy.

Havent read the thread and it might have been mentioned, but why cant the afl do an NBA.tv type thing, you buy a season/month pass and can watch live HD streams of the game on the internet, great for people who don't have foxtel but still want to watch the footy.

get bigpond

get Foxtel on bigpond + sport + footy.

a pain in the derriere to be sure, but it is possible.

Those games are blacked out in areas where they are on fta or paytv. Seeing as all games are live on fox there would be no games show in aus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back