Game Day NAB round 1 - Coll V Hawks Gameday Dicscussion thread closed pls move discussion to post game thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Langdon's kicking has been woeful, about my only gripe with the game.
He's a future captain imo and I agree - some of his disposal was woeful tonight - if he was wearing number 13 he'd have been hung drawn and quartered by the BF mob by now. Shows it's not about the disposal but more about the disposer.

All I wanted was a competitive showing, and that's exactly what we got. Great exposure for the young kids, the result is just a bonus and reward for effort. It's a long road, but a great start :)

Three things that made me smile when I heard them on the radio were:
1) Levi's first goal in B&W
2) the commentator saying "Broomhead, to Kennedy, to Freeman, to Elliott."
3) Alex Fasolo having a great game up forward where he belongs :)

Quite impressed with Sinclair. Had 1 bad kick in the last quarter, but provides good run and mainly his kicking was really good. Crisp really impressive too. Happy with that performance. Patty K, so good to see him in the black and white. Perfect start by De Goey.

What I loved and was looking for:
Tackling
Ball movement
Clearances from young midfield
Kicking much better
Intensity
Sure they had more senior players out than we did, but you can only beat what is on the ground.
As for players, was watching the lesser lights and thought that Ramsey and Gault did a couple of good things and showed improvement.
Overall, I think this year if we keep this intensity up, will have something to look forward to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple late in the game but he was ok early.

Very impressive hit out. Super impressed with Greenwoods second half. PK was good working with Fasolo and I worry what bringing in Cloke may do. I'd like to see Cloke maybe play a little further up towards HF I think and leave Elliot, Fas and PK close to goal.
Will be interesting to see how we structure the forward line but like I said, very exciting.
Same.

How was Freeman?

Played well. Looked good... I guess he'll pick up some form as the games progress.

Really looking forward to see how he turns out.

Yes! Collingwood's back (don't care about the footy only about Collingwood) and what a nice start. Wasn't anything scintilating but a great performance. Skills look a lot better and the pressure looks like it's back. All the young kids look pretty good.

As for Greenwood/Crisp/De Goey I got some over the top hyperbole about them for ya: WE SOLD ELVIS AND GOT THE DANG BEATLES.

I thought he picked it up in the second half, needs to run into better positions though.

I made this same comment after the intra club. I'd start him in the VFL to rectify this. Its basically his first year so not a major worry but I don't think he is in the first team yet.

Fasolo and Karnezis have one thing you can't teach, goal sense and finishing ability.

If they can get fit, stick the coaches instructions re defensive pressure (PK had 5 tackles!) they will hit the scoreboard, something we obviously lack.

De Goey will be a star, same feels as the first time I sae Pendles play. White looks light and his attack was super, Sinclair will play round one, has a point of difference in the squad. Crisp was great, and Greenwood is an absolute bull and was clearly playing so within himself.

Disappointed with the decision making of JT and Adams at stages, only negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back