Game Day NAB round 1 - Coll V Hawks Gameday Dicscussion thread closed pls move discussion to post game thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think you will find Perth a fair way behind Tasmania in many ways - we have had 7-day trading and roundabouts for decades, while these are still novel concepts in WA..
Also leading the way in innovative headwear manufacturing.

Black-Cotton-Twill-6-Panel-Dou-49770.jpg

Record it and watch it at your leisure

Haha my leisure is as soon as I get home, footys back and I'm like a little kid on Christmas eve. Oh and I get to see my wifey plus 2 little ones that I haven't seen for 2 weeks, must be like having ya birthday and chrissy on same day! Haha.

Is it me or are we more excited about a Nab cup game like never before. I think its because we missed finals last year for the first time since 2005.

Is it me or are we more excited about a Nab cup game like never before. I think its because we missed finals last year for the first time since 2005.

I say that is 1 reason that been so long since we played a game and All the New Faces that has come into the club over the Trade and Draft Period

A few other Hawks supporters have guessed Roughy, Mitchell and McEvoy could be the 3 to miss from the 29.
May have misheard but thought Gibson was one who would miss tonight.

I don't see any key fwds just a couple very tall flankers that happen to be relief rucks.

But I do hope like hell 1 of Gault or White step up this year!

I don't think I've seen a more apt description of our KPF's (Cloke aside) in 2015!!

What's he have to say? Any info on who the emergencies are?

Darcy asked him something like which youngster are you most excited about.
Buckley's reply was "All of them".

Exciting times ahead with the young blokes coming through I reckon

Also mentioned that the blokes missing Cloke, Pendles, Swan, Reid, Blair were on modified programs over the preseason thats why they are missing.
They are playing the fittest team available.

As a matter of personal opinion, I don't think Gault is good enough (at AFL level) and still surprised we decided to re-rookie, with White no where near the ability to play as the number 1 key forward, considering Gibson, Frawley and Stratton are all in the squad so all three potentially playing, I think both of them are going to struggle badly. Happy to be proven wrong, but the hawks key defenders class is too high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unearth as in one of the talls standup as a forward, if none of them do then they shouldn't be on the plane.

I still think Goodyear will play as we know what the others offer so to see him in an afl match as much as it is nab will be more of a benefit going forward

Moore wasn't onboard but plenty of cappers looking for some sun and fun
A stab at the team tonight. I like Dwyer in general but going by stats had a quiet one so he might sit this one out in favour off youth. Same goes for Armstrong.

B
Toovey, Brown, Williams
HB Langdon, Frost, Crisp
C Varcoe, Greenwood, Sidebottom
R Adams, Grundy, De Goey
HF Fasolo, White, Broomhead
F Goldsack, Keeffe, Elliot

I
Freeman, Kennedy, Thomas, Sinclair, Karnezis, Oxley
S Gault, Ramsay

E Goodyear, Armstrong, Dwyer

Goodyear and Armstrong not with the squad in Tassy. Was hoping to see Goodyear play. I thought he did well as a defensive mid at the intra club last week and was hoping Bucks would release him in more of attacking role against the Hawks. Would've thought it may have been a good opportunity to get a game into both Degoey and him this early in the piece. Dwyer is with the squad and i agree that he'll be the one emergency tonight.

As a matter of personal opinion, I don't think Gault is good enough (at AFL level) and still surprised we decided to re-rookie, with White no where near the ability to play as the number 1 key forward, considering Gibson, Frawley and Stratton are all in the squad so all three potentially playing, I think both of them are going to struggle badly. Happy to be proven wrong, but the hawks key defenders class is too high.

Gault kicked goals against Hawthorn the last time we played them. Given this is the first practice match of the season, and Hawthorn have had less time to prepare, there is every opportunity for our key forwards to get on the score sheet.

Hawthorn's prematch thread has been up for a month and they won the flag.

Don’t they they even went over to Tassie

Mitchell was definitely among the traveling party according to news footage last night.

I always tell myself I'm not going to even bother watching the NAB cup and that it's a joke of a preseason comp, but after 4 months without footy I think I'd watch the boys play ******* mini golf with rabid enthusiasm.
I'd actually watch that :D

May have misheard but thought Gibson was one who would miss tonight.

May well, I haven't seen or heard anything official, just commenting on what a few hawks supporters are guessing will happen.

Mitchell was definitely among the traveling party according to news footage last night.
Apparently their whole list went down to Tassie, after all, they are trying to gain members in the area, while it's just an a road trip for us.

Mitchell, Hodge etc won't play, but are definitely in Tassie, or at least were last night.

Just over 5 hours to go now, I'm expecting a good showing, they have 9 premiership players missing and maybe a few more, yes we have arguably our best 4 out too (Swan, Pendles, Reid and Cloke) but good sides perform well even without their best players.

It's about time we started to resemble a good side once again.

Apparently their whole list went down to Tassie, after all, they are trying to gain members in the area, while it's just an a road trip for us.

Mitchell, Hodge etc won't play, but are definitely in Tassie, or at least were last night.

Just over 5 hours to go now, I'm expecting a good showing, they have 9 premiership players missing and maybe a few more, yes we have arguably our best 4 out too (Swan, Pendles, Reid and Cloke) but good sides perform well even without their best players.

It's about time we started to resemble a good side once again.

Let's concentrate on resembling a good side in round 1.

Let's concentrate on resembling a good side in round 1.
Yeah, wasn't taking so much about this game, more so that once we lost key players last year we put in some absolute shocking performances, we have to learn to play at a high level no matter who is out on the field. Tonight would be a nice way to start by not rolling over and letting half a hawks side smash us without our "big 4".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back