Autopsy NAB1 - Richmond v Melbourne; 14 Feb, 7:10PM @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won the clearances, had more inside 50's, more marks inside 50, and more shots on goal. We let that one slip away.

Pisses me off that we lost the contested ball, and I can't figure out why we were happy to just watch them chip it around all the time. The had 183 more friggin disposals! Were we just cooling our heels hoping they'd turn it over? Made it a s**t game to watch.

Did we seriously win the clearances? I was there and the only clearances it look like we won were by Shedwards (3), lids (2), foley (2), miles (2). It looked like we were smashed in the clearances

Look first game of the season for sure but it also was Melbournes. So gonna call it as I seen it. Astbury, not gonna make it, Griffiths not gonna make it. Vickery still plays like a fairy. Lids still goes missing. Rance still is a clumsy bastard hahhahhaha, forward line still does not function properly, Martins disposals are poor, especially noticeable coming off the back half so dont ever let him near that area, team still transfer ball from defence to attack against us way too easily, Hardwick out coached again, and I am still a negative arsehole again hahahah. We are in deep s**t again.

Vicks was good. If you were there you would have seen he was often 3-on-1 and hit the packs hard.

We need jack, but he was good

If anyone missed the final stats or is interested ...
6y4uquvy.jpg

Did we seriously win the clearances? I was there and the only clearances it look like we won were by Shedwards (3), lids (2), foley (2), miles (2). It looked like we were smashed in the clearances
AFL website says we won them 38 to 31 led by Miles with 8 and Lids with 6.
I must admit to the naked eye I wasn't impressed, particularly with Hampson winning heaps of taps then having the ball sharked. I did see Lids tear away from the contest quite a few times, I liked him tonight. I also like those numbers from Miles, and on top of that he was often the bottom of the pile when stoppages got called - kid is gonna be a find.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not concerned about the result at all. Couldn't care less actually.
I am a little concerned with the likes of Astbury, Griffiths, Helbig, Batchelor etc that cannot seize an opportunity when it presents.
Compare them with Miles who came straight in and put his hand up and gave everyone food for thought and it gets frustrating.
Still, I would play them all again next practice match and see how they go.

Remarkable stats yet if it weren't for the astbury shank that's possibly butchered his career there would have only been a goal in it yet we had nearly 200 less possessions. We are either highly efficient or they are very wasteful

I'm going to say bit of both. We were wasteful in the fwd 50 but they beat us like we beat Adelaide many moons ago IMO ... basketball. Couldn't get our hands on the ball. I was actually quite impressed with some of the things Melbourne pulled off tonight.

Ellis was really disappointing, was expecting him and vlas to really rip in as perhaps the more experienced players went through the motions, seems they all did

Ellis had a barry crocker, I actually watched Ellis stand and not chase on a few occassions very unsual for him, actually looked unfit.

Lloyd wouldn't get a game on that effort, no way McDonough hopefully will impress , knights will get chances too
Lloyd was good when he came on. Vlas was in our best 3.

I'm not concerned about the result at all. Couldn't care less actually.
I am a little concerned with the likes of Astbury, Griffiths, Helbig, Batchelor etc that cannot seize an opportunity when it presents.
Compare them with Miles who came straight in and put his hand up and gave everyone food for thought and it gets frustrating.
Still, I would play them all again next practice match and see how they go.

Same, they have never given me confidence. (will give Griff the benefit for the first half of the year)

Not so worried about today's loss. This is a time to let the newbies free and test some things out.
Cotchy didn't even light it up. If he did... they'd be shitting their undies.
Good effort by Griffiths compared to his entire year last year. Still see him as a gun.
Mcbean :(
Lennon, and Mcintosh were all poor. Was expecting more from the newbies.

Positives: Hampson, will be very important to us and will quick
become 1st ruck. Miles exceeded my expectations and is now in my best 22. Thought Astubry, crucial fatigue mistake aside, he was solid defensively, didn't get beaten, but needs to offer more. Will play round 1. Vickery looked strong and competed well. Edit forgot Vlas..extremely reliable for a second year player.

Negatives. Ellis played wide and didn't get it much, kicking was terrible. Rance is slow to learn not to overcommit, had a shocker. A Edwards just lost his spot round 1.

Hoped to see better from:
Griffiths ok but patchy, McBean is way off yet, Lennon will play a few games but is Not as advanced as hoped. Hoped to see more of Foley using his pace.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back