Analysis Naitanui - someone taught him how to take a mark!

Remove this Banner Ad

"The output of of Jack Watts stats-wise is alot greater than Naitanui's if you take out hit-outs"

Schwarz said this on SEN today. "If you take out hit-outs"....seriously?? Should we not include goals when talking about full forwards? Or goals against when talking about full-backs? Jack Watts probably has better stats than Eric Mackenzie too. What a complete tosser. Watch a game ffs.

"The output of of Jack Watts stats-wise is alot greater than Naitanui's if you take out hit-outs"

Schwarz said this on SEN today. "If you take out hit-outs"....seriously?? Should we not include goals when talking about full forwards? Or goals against when talking about full-backs? Jack Watts probably has better stats than Eric Mackenzie too. What a complete tosser. Watch a game ffs.
Lol. Jack Watts wouldn't get a game at West Coast.

His contested marking is the last part of game to come together when he is in form. As said above by Falcon Strike he was the no.1 contested mark for ruckmen in 2012.

The uncontested marking is not an issue IMO. He contests loose balls and tackles in general play like no other ruck man. He is never going to jog down the field ignoring the play to get into position 50m down the line like Cox or more conventional ruck men do.
Its just his style of play, if he does do the more conventional role then we miss out on a guy who when he competes at ground level rarely looses a contest.
Good with the bad and all that.

His contested marking is the last part of game to come together when he is in form. As said above by Falcon Strike he was the no.1 contested mark for ruckmen in 2012.

The uncontested marking is not an issue IMO. He contests loose balls and tackles in general play like no other ruck man. He is never going to jog down the field ignoring the play to get into position 50m down the line like Cox or more conventional ruck men do.
Its just his style of play, if he does do the more conventional role then we miss out on a guy who when he competes at ground level rarely looses a contest.
Good with the bad and all that.

Agreed. I feel as if other ruckmen are tasked with this job as they don't offer anything else to the table apart from tap work. No other ruckmen can also play a midfielder-like role around the ground.

What a gimp.

Did anyone rspond with the obvious point that Watts was drafted as a forward, and over their careers Naitanui has scored more total points than him (1 less goal, 8 more behinds, +2 overall)?

I mean if you're taking the rucking away you've got to compare them as forwards right?

* me Ox is a campaigner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw this article, what a load of crap. I got a bit bored and put together the career stats on a random selection of ruckmen past and present (and included Clarke and Vickery as draftmate comparisons). In addition to his ruckwork, he stacks up pretty well possession-wise. The only stat he's down on is his marking.

ruckmen comp.jpg

If you take out hitouts, the only ruckman that outdoes Watts is Dean Cox, and he wasn't a bad footballer.
If I get bored enough, I'll put together stats adjusted for experience to compare him to guys like Cox and Sandi at the same stage (I think at the same stage of his career, Coxy was coming into 2005 or 2006 and tearing it apart).

I saw this article, what a load of crap. I got a bit bored and put together the career stats on a random selection of ruckmen past and present (and included Clarke and Vickery as draftmate comparisons). In addition to his ruckwork, he stacks up pretty well possession-wise. The only stat he's down on is his marking.

View attachment 127425

If you take out hitouts, the only ruckman that outdoes Watts is Dean Cox, and he wasn't a bad footballer.
If I get bored enough, I'll put together stats adjusted for experience to compare him to guys like Cox and Sandi at the same stage (I think at the same stage of his career, Coxy was coming into 2005 or 2006 and tearing it apart).
his hitouts are only down because cox being #1 ruck for most of nics career too

Did anyone rspond with the obvious point that Watts was drafted as a forward, and over their careers Naitanui has scored more total points than him (1 less goal, 8 more behinds, +2 overall)?

I mean if you're taking the rucking away you've got to compare them as forwards right?

**** me Ox is a campaigner.

**** me Ox is a campaigner.
And his history as a problem gambler would be a fair indication that it's rare that he picks a winner.

And his history as a problem gambler would be a fair indication that it's rare that he picks a winner.
tumblr_mr1k5opCAa1riwrmgo1_500.gif

That's a bloody good article. Very well written and I agree with every word of it.

Pressure wether it's real or perceived influences natanuis opponents

When he's in the contest he makes players rush their disposal ....He taps the ball away from contests a lot (not ruck hit outs) but taps it to advantage or to himself

Not many players can do that

He is Cyril type and will burst into play and out of play

That's what he is ...

View attachment 127425

I'm sure if you took goals out of it - watts' output probably beats Schwarz himself

Remove this Banner Ad

Back