AE ND Super Bowl (and Playoff I Guess) Tiebreakers

Remove this Banner Ad

Earlier in this season I brought this up with Woodson via inbox messaging and we couldn't decide on how to go further.

In previous years the 1st tiebreaker was correct tips. 2nd was a countback so eliminating 16cr, then 15cr, then 14cr etc. But the tiebreakers didn't seem to go any deeper.

The week I brought it up the following happened. (Not in a head to head matchup, but it was noticeable)

Dirty Bird 71-71 tomatosauceling
Jets 14 - 14 Browns
Packers 13 - 13 Packers
Saints 12 - 12 Saints
Broncos 11 - 11 49ers
Seahawks 10 - 10 Seahawks
Rams 9 - 9 Broncos
Chargers 8 - 8 Patriots
Giants 7 - 7 Panthers
Ravens 6 - 6 Chiefs
49ers 5 - 5 Rams
Panthers 4 - 4 Dolphins
Titans 3 - 3 Giants
Patriots 2 - 2 Falcons
Browns 1 - 1 Raiders

What would happen in playoffs? In the Super Bowl? Who goes through? Who wins the title? I understand in the Super Bowl you can treat it as a tie and split the money, but what about the Quarterfinals? The final 4 gets $50, who would join the other 3 in the Semi Final? What if it happens in the Semi Final? Who goes through to the Super Bowl? Do both get eliminated and 1 person wins the title by default as they have no opponent in the Super Bowl?

I feel extra tiebreakers need to be implemented sometime in the next 4-5 weeks. It hasn't happened before in playoffs, but you need to be ready for such an occasion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back