Netball Netball - ANZ Championship

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't say the Fever signings have filled me with much confidence.

GA and WA are ongoing problems that we don't seem to have really addressed. Madi Brown was a massive loss last season.

Yes, I think so. :thumbsu:

nope - corletto will leave and go to F'birds who need to free up $$$ to keep medhurst,Aitken and Geitz and poor Amy will have nowhere to go - she adores Norma PLummer and beleives it is her best chance to be in the Australian side.
I'll be very surprised if she does not move - and perth are the front runners for her services

Tutia, George, Latu, Cullen, Henry, and best of all Anna Scarlett (probably my favourite player next to Maddi Brown.) What's not to like? ;)

Pity Henry has gone to Pulse though!

Agree - I adore Scarlett - she is the best defender going around!

would be intersting to see who everyone rates as the best possible starting 7 from all the teams, almost an all-star side??

nope - corletto will leave and go to F'birds who need to free up $$$ to keep medhurst,Aitken and Geitz and poor Amy will have nowhere to go - she adores Norma PLummer and beleives it is her best chance to be in the Australian side.
I'll be very surprised if she does not move - and perth are the front runners for her services

Read a story discussing McMeniman's retirement and it said that Steel along with Nourse/Geitz would be staying in Brisbane.

Unfortunately, I don't think Steel will be playing wight the Fever his season, although I hope I'm proven wrong!

Okay further to this, Darryl corletto has been delisted by the melb tigers due to patty mills joining the team, Darryl a fair chance to go to Brisbane, Julie trying to follow of course. Hence Amy potentially leaving

Well if you're Amy Steel you'd be crazy to stay wouldn't you? You'd want to go somewhere where you'd get on court. With Corletto there her chances will be minimal. She'd have to go somewhere else if that was the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jo Sutton and Sam May have signed for the Swifts for 2012.

Jo leaves the Thunderbirds after a bit of a rubbish season with them. No great loss for us really, she hasn't done much for a couple of seasons after injuring her achilles in Round 1 2010.

Jo Sutton and Sam May have signed for the Swifts for 2012.

Jo leaves the Thunderbirds after a bit of a rubbish season with them. No great loss for us really, she hasn't done much for a couple of seasons after injuring her achilles in Round 1 2010.

Any word on Medhurst??

Surely she'll stay?
don't know - has achieved a premiership, has cemented her place in the aussie side - only piece of the puzzle missing is her husband who is still in SA from what I'm told due to work committments and Medhurst is very home sick, with a few t-birds leaving the salary cap space could be enough to lure her home???

A quick update, don't have time for match reports unfortunately...

Australia whitewashed the three test series against England, although they were really pushed in the final game.

After the test in Adelaide, the series vs New Zealand sits level at 2-2, with the deciding contest in Melbourne this weekend.

The test in Perth was an absolute thriller, Australia coming from 11 goals down in the third quarter to hit the front in the last term, before New zealand prevailed by 1 goal.

In the Adelaide test, The diamonds prevailed with a comfortable seven goal victory.

The stage is set for a thrilling finale to a great series of netball.

Go the Diamonds!

The Queensland Firebirds went through the pre-season tournament in New Zealand undefeated to claim the title.

Can't wait for the season proper to kick off later this month. :thumbsu:

Always said the Mystics had two area's where they were lacking a little and they appear to have sorted one of them.

The addition of Jade Clarke means George goes into WA. By all reports those two dominated and gelled as a combo.

The thing that may hold the mystics back is the lack of a quality tall defender to stop the giants. Just don't think Rasmussen has what it takes. Scarlett and Cullen are quality against most but when up against the giants it's a tough task for them.

Reckon they'll give the Firebirds a red hot crack though.

GS - Latu
GA - Tutaia
WA - George
C - Clarke
WD - Cullen
GD - Knight
GK - Scarlett

Always said the Mystics had two area's where they were lacking a little and they appear to have sorted one of them.

The addition of Jade Clarke means George goes into WA. By all reports those two dominated and gelled as a combo.

The thing that may hold the mystics back is the lack of a quality tall defender to stop the giants. Just don't think Rasmussen has what it takes. Scarlett and Cullen are quality against most but when up against the giants it's a tough task for them.

Reckon they'll give the Firebirds a red hot crack though.

GS - Latu
GA - Tutaia
WA - George
C - Clarke
WD - Cullen
GD - Knight
GK - Scarlett

Agree with this, they made the Grand Final last year and were better than the Magic who previously were tagged as being the best New Zealand based team in the ANZ Championship.

I really hope that we also see some improvement from the Fever and I think with Norma Plummer coming on board along with the signing of Cox we will see this.

It will be interesting to see how the two talls shooting combination with Cox and Basset functions as the season progresses.

Amazing win for Vixens first up - when will they learn chatfield cannot play on tall shooters such as Romelda.. Geeva Mentor is possibly the finest looking woman ever to grace a netball court, simply breath taking (and she can play too)

How about today's game?

Vixens were amazing against the Fever and Mentor once again was a standout in defence.

Caldwell was great at goal attack during the first half before Howarth came on and shot brilliantly after coming off the bench to replace Beveridge at half-time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back