Netball Netball - ANZ Championship

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the game was a bit flat. Never did I think Vixens would lose. Some of the officiating seemed a little perplexing. But good win Vixens, well deserved for a great season.

Still around everyone, what has everyone thought of the first couple of rounds of the ANZ Championship?

Just happy to have three wins on the board. That offense is very fragile, and it showed once Philip wasn't herself the last two games. Should've done the T-Birds by more and gee whiz, that was real ugly against the Magic. Really put everything to win that final quarter.

The rest of the team looks ace, just that forward two...

The good news is that we got the T-Birds again next week (Got to love the scheduling), and then the bye. Hopefully our misfiring players will recover, and they can go out and bring some results. I'm very pleased that we got the Magic when we did, they've always been quite annoying.

Mind you, this new Conference could get some getting used to. I'm a bit mixed about the Conference system. On one hand, we don't need 6 teams in the final, but on the other hand, they've done the one thing that always bothered me about the US Sports conference systems, the Grand Final can be between two teams of the same nation. The US is all about promoting more games against rivals, yet you can never have a Cowboys-Giants Superbowl, or a Spurs-Mavs or Lakers-Clippers final series. I'm glad they made the final series like that, or else it's going to be Aussie Team vs Magic for every final.

In other news, 2 draws this round? Now that is weird! This also means % is less of a factor in the conferences. The Vixens only have to worry about the Fever, and the way they are playing, it could be big.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crap... the start of the season has been crap.
Haven't watched many games at all, but gee whiz... the T-Birds sure need to lift!

Crap... the start of the season has been crap.
Haven't watched many games at all, but gee whiz... the T-Birds sure need to lift!

Tip: Stop playing Borrago, start playing Brice.

Also, I wouldn't have any hopes of making a comeback until after next week. Mind you, quite weird seeing the T-Birds this low.

Tip: Stop playing Borrago, start playing Brice.

Also, I wouldn't have any hopes of making a comeback until after next week. Mind you, quite weird seeing the T-Birds this low.

Brice is only there as an injury replacement and with Gray back soon from injury, she won't be able to play as she filling in for Gray.

Brice is only there as an injury replacement and with Gray back soon from injury, she won't be able to play as she filling in for Gray.

That's too bad, she did alright. I heard the commentators talking about it, about how they cut her before the season starts. Borrago has really gone backwards.

Too bad it's a bye this week, but it would be interesting to see how the other teams fare. Swifts-Fever will be very interesting.

That's too bad, she did alright. I heard the commentators talking about it, about how they cut her before the season starts. Borrago has really gone backwards.

Too bad it's a bye this week, but it would be interesting to see how the other teams fare. Swifts-Fever will be very interesting.

Bye this week? Vixens v Tbirds in Radelaide on Sunday.
Borrego is a one trick pony and I'm surprised it took the other teams years to figure out how to combat her.

That was Georgie Virgo. She was only ever a fill in till Borrego got her citizenship.

Btw, Borrego was not the reason why they lost last week - if anything she was one of the best on court. Their mid court is really lacking at the moment and the connections aren't there at all!

Bye this week? Vixens v Tbirds in Radelaide on Sunday.
Borrego is a one trick pony and I'm surprised it took the other teams years to figure out how to combat her.

That's what I thought! But I looked at the ANZ Championship page, and I couldn't see it. It showed the other three games, as well as two games from next round. It turns out the Vixens v T-Birds was on the previous page.

http://www.anz-championship.com/

That's some poor design if it just skipped over a match like that on the match view screen. Come to think of it, there has been a few flaws with the live timing and ladders.

You're absolutely spot on about Borrego, Mentor and Chatfield feasted on her last year.

That was Georgie Virgo. She was only ever a fill in till Borrego got her citizenship.

Btw, Borrego was not the reason why they lost last week - if anything she was one of the best on court. Their mid court is really lacking at the moment and the connections aren't there at all!

Oh, so they were talking about Virgo. I must have missed that bit. I thought they were talking about Brice.

Didn't get to see the T-Birds last game, but you're right about that mid-court. The only good thing about them was Beckford-Chambers and Steel. They did very well to keep Philip (I swear I'm not going to get used to that) quiet. Then again, the Vixens shooting duo is the weakest part. When Philip is off it, the team does falter.

Hopefully she gets her act together again, or else the T-Birds are going to keep it respectable.

Another draw, can you believe it?

Also announced that Jane Woodlands-Thompson will step down as coach of the Adelaide Thunderbirds at the end of this season.

Who can everyone see as a likely replacement?

Another draw, can you believe it?

Also announced that Jane Woodlands-Thompson will step down as coach of the Adelaide Thunderbirds at the end of this season.

Who can everyone see as a likely replacement?

Dan Ryan aka Marino has been groomed for the role

Remove this Banner Ad

Back