Rumour New clash strip to be introduced in Rd 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So, according to a mate who works at Puma, Puma and the club have finalised a new clash strip that will be introduced on the Goldy in Rd 24. He couldn't give much away but I'm of the belief that it will again be predominantly white with a new logo on the front. I'm not sure if the back will be brown or white.

It's an unsual time to introduce a clash strip, but I believe the club is doing it to capitalise on the usual lull in guernsey sales pre-christmas, as people usually hold out for the updated design (even if its just a change in sponsors logo etc). My source is not verifiable by any internet sources, so delete if it contravenes any BF rules, but I am almost certain this will be occuring. If not, I will wear egg on my face. :D

Thoughts?

Sounds good. I would like a Hawk head with the eye's about where your T**ty's are and the beak running down to your navel. If the kids like them i'll buy them one.

But just in case, how do you like your eggs?:D

Very good timing in my opinion if true. Would help with Pre-Christmas sales, any being that Tasmania are signed up, not much chance of sponsors changing. The fact that it has been worn in a game would make it sell more than it would if it was just released prior to Christmas.

This is gonna be awesome...

egg+assault+pranks+ideas.jpg

Seriously, would the AFL let us randomly change our clash jumper mid-season? Surely it's a $100,000,000,000 fine?

Hopefully it looks good. If so I have found a nice Christmas present for myself :D. I'm curious to know what is meant by new hawk logo, assuming its just a redesigned hawk like the current one. An aggresive Hawk would look the goods imo.

I guessing the logo stays the same, but if this is true then the "Stylised" hawk on the jumper could be different, nothing says it has to resemble the club logo.

I dont like the one we have, I dont think we need one anywaybut thats by the by.

I dearly hope we dont have a white front/brown back, it clashes MORE than our regular one.

I hate the away guernsey. It's bad enough I get a game up here once in a blue moon, but to then have to see a predominantly white guernsey instead of the traditional brown and gold, uggghhhhhhhh.

Perhaps I should to go the game wearing just white since that would be the closest match to what we'll be wearing for the match.

Go the White with a tiny splash of Brown and Gold Hawks!

Our current clash guernsey is terrible, just because it makes no sense, light on the front, dark on the back, it usually creates more of a clash than there previously was (like when we've worn it against freo, from behind we actually created a clash that hadn't previously existed). We don't actually clash with anybody, but if the AFL really want to push it, lets have 2 clash jumpers, Brown with a yellow V and the classic mustard pot. If you can't knit the design then its not really a footy jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our current clash guernsey is terrible, just because it makes no sense, light on the front, dark on the back, it usually creates more of a clash than there previously was (like when we've worn it against freo, from behind we actually created a clash that hadn't previously existed). We don't actually clash with anybody, but if the AFL really want to push it, lets have 2 clash jumpers, Brown with a yellow V and the classic mustard pot. If you can't knit the design then its not really a footy jumper.

What about GOLD:)

it's time for a change, the current strip we won a flag when it was introduced for 2008. Maybe bringing a new strip out before the end of the H&A season will bring us the same luck :)
Agree ,checkout the Subiaco jumper in the WAFL ,similar looking colors to ours and their design looks great (obviously without the SFC logo) ,keep our current home strip as a clash strip because as it is, our current home jumper doesn't clash with anyone but the retro thing is a bit old news now.

I personnally like the Mayblooms jumper, brown with gold yoke.

It looks strong and no clash with light colours.

I think it will be an all white jumper with a cartoon Hawk on the front. Like the ones you get on Microsoft clip-art:footy::footy::footy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back