Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

The Oline was awesome, especially after last week. Tom had time...used different guys..got Gronk in the game.

Dont want to get to excited until we repeat that effort. LETS GO PATS

Also congrats to Tom who became the 6th QB to pass 50000 yards

And to think all it took for them to produce a decent display was the humiliation at the hands of the Chiefs and a week of the world slagging us off.

We're on to Buffalo.
It looks like an OL of Solder - Connolly - Stork - Wendell - Vollmer is going to be the line moving forward. I am fine with that. I was particularly impressed with Wendell (especially when you consider his struggles at CE). Stork is a find and a critically important find. The use of pulls and stunts in the run game was far better these week that any other stage of the season.

The things that really pleased me today were the use of the the rushing attack and Wright. Wright, single-handedly is the reason I wasn't down on the Mankins trade. I watched him play for Tampa last year and he made plays. Now, if they can feed Dobson into that mix then the Patriots should be OK.

After the s**t of last week, it's nice to get back on track. To further prove they're back, the Patriots must crush the Bills but let's not get ahead of ourselves, the Bills always play New England hard in Buffalo. They're a good D, reminiscent of the Jets teams that troubled New England not that long ago.

grinning.gif

Really happy with the win today. A complete turn around from last week. If it wasn't for a lot of iffy penalties being called the game would have been even more of a blow out.

I don't know if it was more improvement in our O line or the inability of their D line that was more of a factor, time will tell but l liked what l saw. The way Ridley and Vereen ran the ball today was awesome and Devlin was handy. The return to power football really opened up the pass to a ever increasing array of options for Tom. It was great to see that Wright can be a serious threat for us. If we can go forward with a fit Edelman, Gronk, Wright, LaFell and Dobson the O is starting to look good again.

Further food for thought. I've been scratching my head with the Patriots approach (on both sides of the ball) for almost every game this season but today, McDaniels in particular called a handy game. Rather than forcing a square peg into a round hole, it felt like the Patriots took the initiative and played to the strengths of the team.

It was a most welcomed performance, one which we should applaud McDaniels for. Let's hope it's a sign of things to come.

Further food for thought. I've been scratching my head with the Patriots approach (on both sides of the ball) for almost every game this season but today, McDaniels in particular called a handy game. Rather than forcing a square peg into a round hole, it felt like the Patriots took the initiative and played to the strengths of the team.

It was a most welcomed performance, one which we should applaud McDaniels for. Let's hope it's a sign of things to come.
Think there's an obvious correlation with Gronk's healthiness - Primarily in the context of McDaniels actually going through the middle of the field rather than the outside. Edelman is an 'effective' WR statistics wise, but the reliance on the outside-slot doesn't sustain drives unless they're a particularly good quality player of that ilk.

Feed the beast across the middle, no one is going to stop him but his own body.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many games did Mayo play last year? Were did we finish..haha

Not happy about it but we might be ok..RB is where im worried..Finch or Grey around?

Good to get the win out of that defence. However, I'm watching the game and cant help but be frustrated when they keep trying to run the ball and not get anywhere when they clearly were winning when passing? 27/66 were rushing plays with an average gain of 1.9. Dont know why they didnt throw the ball more than they did.
Still worried about when Gronk went down clutching his knee. Didnt look good.

Good to get the win out of that defence. However, I'm watching the game and cant help but be frustrated when they keep trying to run the ball and not get anywhere when they clearly were winning when passing? 27/66 were rushing plays with an average gain of 1.9. Dont know why they didnt throw the ball more than they did.
Still worried about when Gronk went down clutching his knee. Didnt look good.
Attempting to run the football keeps a defence honest. If the threat of the run exists, teams can't cheat and drop players into coverage or send the house with blitz packages.

Attempting to run the football keeps a defence honest. If the threat of the run exists, teams can't cheat and drop players into coverage or send the house with blitz packages.
To a point. Works a hell of a lot better if they think you are genuinely going to get it up the field on a run play occasionally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back