News New Jumpers for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. I like the idea but I hate the execution.

The ISC lettering and the 1870 on the back should BOTH be the same colour. Either black or white. I'd use black, personally, but white is fine. The chevrons are also the wrong way around, colour wise. It looks weird with white on top. Black should be on top.

I like it, and I'll probably wind up buying one, but, honestly, that's a rush job with minimal thought put into it.

I only just noticed this, and now it can't be unseen

It'll be interesting to see whether the numbers are white or black on the teal jumper. One would hope (and assume) white

I don't see why the teal Port jumper needs black cuffs and side panels and a black collar. Mind you, I don't see why their clash needs those things either.

If they don't ever use the teal version as a proper clash, then if anything the side panels of the white clash should be teal - any clash with Port Adelaide is about their black with black/navy and so on, and teal side panels I don't think would be overly offensive but they still create a contrast with darker sides (rather than a side-on a view of say, a Collingwood and Port player, both wearing essentially black and white stripes).

Same goes (IMO obviously) for the Melbourne clash side panels, and a St Kilda clash likewise should play up to the red rather than having a black side panel and black numbers.

i thought we went though some number color kerfuffle with the previous teal strip (the lightning bolt picture) where we had black numbers but it wasn't ideal, then black with white outlines i clearly remember, before white was seen as best on a teal back. so if the numbers are white they probably want to keep the coloring uniform with the 1870.

love that we're centre stage on the ISC site

COLL.SACM5440.jpg
COLL.SACM5450.jpg

I agree, it has the potential to be great but just isn't
Yes, potential is a great word for it.
they have everything you would want in the fact they have no major branding to put on everything so you are working with a blank template and Collingwood has complete control and yet they just seem to be happy being a step behind.

Sums up Collingwood at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Star have gone with another year of plain apparel too. No trim at all. Which I don't mind, it just looks very generic.

EDIT: Ok there is extremely minor trim. But thin trim looks very Kmart-y to me. Also that Side By Side logo has surely done its dash, it's a bit wank now.

COLL.SACM5380.jpg

Star have gone with another year of plain apparel too. No trim at all. Which I don't mind, it just looks very generic.

EDIT: Ok there is extremely minor trim. But thin trim looks very Kmart-y to me. Also that Side By Side logo has surely done its dash, it's a bit wank now.

COLL.SACM5380.jpg
Embroidered logos though :hearts:

COLL.SACM5380.jpg

I agree. With all of this.
Embroidered logos though :hearts:

Is the black one meant to have teal on the magpie's wing?
It will either be white or silver, but that 'real' look seems to be due to the shading and texture of the guernsey on the program in which it was generated.

theyre making too much money with star to do that

and plus if u were with adidas this year you'd have the black and white fangs
Yeah but I reckon with Star we'll be stuck with the same template over and over again, similar to Carlton with Nike. I liked having a new jumper every two seasons with adidas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back