News New Jumpers for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Game day guernseys will feature old AFL logo. Expect to see the losing entry in 2025 ;)
Seems like a win-win then. I would’ve loved to see the ochre this year but they’ve done a great job with the navy wings and the old AFL logo takes it up another level. Would be sick to see them do the prototype 2000 AFL logo on the Ochre next year even if it wasn’t worn like that in game.
IMG_2591.jpeg

What did people think of the new giants away jumper. I liked the back with the white numbers, looked clean. Have always thought they should have white numbers on their traditional home, it balances it out better because then from both front and back you can see all 3 colours, orange, black and white.

If they're going to do this they should go back to the lighter shade of purple used during the anchor era. This looks like it'll be an improvement on last year but I think it'll still be too dark.

Watching the Dockers the other day, it almost looks navy blue now. Makes a boring jumper even more boring. I like their logo, I dunno why that couldn't be incorporated into the middle of the bottom arrow or something, to add some character.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel like some white on the chevrons would look great but looks good

Interesting, looks to be an improvement on last year, but will remain to be seen how good it looks in the flesh. This’ll mean Carlton will be in the clash unless they’ve got a white based gather round jumper planned which is unlikely.
If they're going to do this they should go back to the lighter shade of purple used during the anchor era. This looks like it'll be an improvement on last year but I think it'll still be too dark.
I think it’s kinda the point that it’s hard to see, hence the name Stealth.

Interesting, looks to be an improvement on last year, but will remain to be seen how good it looks in the flesh. This’ll mean Carlton will be in the clash unless they’ve got a white based gather round jumper planned which is unlikely.

I think it’s kinda the point that it’s hard to see, hence the name Stealth.
I always thought they were going for a neon light-inspired design with the purple outlines on the chevrons and this would work a lot better if the purple stood out from the black more.

I always thought they were going for a neon light-inspired design with the purple outlines on the chevrons and this would work a lot better if the purple stood out from the black more.
I thought that too, but it turned out the photos last year were a bit deceptive and there wasn't that glow effect on the real thing. This year's photos could possibly have the same effect too. I've had a look at the club shop and the kids jumper seems to be just matte colour. Normal purple chevrons and a seemingly blue outline.
1711351821767.png

How hard is it for them to just use a brighter purple? Or better yet, add white into the mix with a gradient like from what it looked like in the promotional pictures from last years one. I think I like this outline look better if I'm honest. They've fumbled this a bit but hey credit where it's due at least they are doing something outside of the box.
1711352782339.png

No word on a new norf jumper for Friday yet?
I had a look and last year they unveiled the design on the Tuesday before the game. If that’s the plan this year then we could be getting something today. Very surprised at how late they’re cutting it though, I’d think if the plan is to auction off the jumpers after the game then you’d be a little better off giving fans some time to anticipate getting that specific jumper in their hands.

How hard is it for them to just use a brighter purple? Or better yet, add white into the mix with a gradient like from what it looked like in the promotional pictures from last years one. I think I like this outline look better if I'm honest. They've fumbled this a bit but hey credit where it's due at least they are doing something outside of the box.
View attachment 1939329

What did people think of the new giants away jumper. I liked the back with the white numbers, looked clean. Have always thought they should have white numbers on their traditional home, it balances it out better because then from both front and back you can see all 3 colours, orange, black and white.

Wasn’t a fan of it when the photos came out online, I thought it was basic and the white didn’t really work. But after seeing it in action I’ve done a full 180, it looks clean and crisp. I would go as far to say it’s their best away jumper yet.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back