news: Spangher to train with Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind seeing Spangher at Hawks. Decent size and only 23 years old. Didn't have much luck with injuries in his first couple of years at Weagles and probably still got a fair bit of development / improvement left in him as a key position player.

If nothing else he'd be a handy depth defender should the back half get messed up with injuries like in 2009.

what are they smoking at waverley? something being pumped through the air conditioning system?

Bruce - old as the hills...2 year deal we hear...wtf!
Spangher - couldnt get a kick in bart cummings' stable...hack of the highest order!

Play the kids...like you were supposed to do last year...for christ's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what are they smoking at waverley? something being pumped through the air conditioning system?

Bruce - old as the hills...2 year deal we hear...wtf!
Spangher - couldnt get a kick in bart cummings' stable...hack of the highest order!

Play the kids...like you were supposed to do last year...for christ's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting to sound like the Jacobs and Beaumont years are returning!!!

Lets assume that Gilham does a ankle like Taylor last year, our ONLY KP back depth player is Shoey.

After that is everyone's favourite in Muscles Morton.

Nobody is saying that he will walk into our starting 22, but building depth is very important.

seriously, another medium height defender just what we need :eek: add Murph into the mix and the other clubs should have a good giggle at our backline :eek:

193 cm and 93 kgs.

He's more key defender siuze than anyone but Schoey.

No problem with giving him a run.

If he plays well on both Buddy and Rough in the hit outs I would give him a shot.

I think people are getting a bit carried away with how tall he is.

Yes, he is very tall and athletic, but from what I've seen, he's a s**t footballer.

He was also delisted by the worst side in the competition.

Your actuary is spot on.
A TOTAL SPUD NO THANKS

I think you are all jumping the gun here. The article said he was training at Hawthorn not that we would definitely draft him. I have lost count of the number of guys in previous years who have trained with the Hawks in the preseason and not been drafted. Conversely we have drafted other guys training with other clubs eg Gilham was training with Essendon before we rookied him.
In the event that we do draft Bruce, Spangher or any other recycled player it will be almost certainly with on of our last two picks or in Spangher's case maybe a mature age rookie. The other alternatives are to use the late picks on a player from a state league, or an 18 year old who at pick 66 or 88 will almost certainly be delisted in a year or two without having bothered the statisticians.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets assume that Gilham does a ankle like Taylor last year, our ONLY KP back depth player is Shoey.

After that is everyone's favourite in Muscles Morton.

Nobody is saying that he will walk into our starting 22, but building depth is very important.

Depth is absolutely important.

And, if Spangher did play it fits in with my Christmas Wish that Schoey is released to play Forward!!

If he can take a contested mark in defence,then we can use him.

Could be worth a late draft pick or rookie.

If he can take a contested mark in defence, then we can use him.

Could be worth a late draft pick or rookie.

Not too sure if he can Lord Mud, but at this stage I would settle for a guy that can spoil playing at FB.

He was highly rated when drafted ,should give him a chance.For some players getting shifted interstate and being unsettled really affects their performance .At only 23 and being a tall defender given our current circumstance they have to give him an opportunitie at least.

Picking up Spanger as a Rookie or late in the draft would be fine with me.

A tallish defender that I hear can actual make a spoil is what we need.

Stratto is our only defender that can spoil consistantly so if Spanger can do this then I'm all for giving him a go.

He's just training with us. Sheesh. Get a grip. There's no other way to assess a players skills.

If we can pick up the odd experienced player on the rookie list why not?

Hawthorn obviously will be looking for very young players this year through the draft so they will need to have a balance of experienced players on the list in case of injury and if these youngsters dont actually develop fast enough we'd need a player to be able to slot into the side and play a role.

anyone remember moorabbin dumping ground of the 80's when Yabbie Jeans used to load up the van at the end of a season and drop them off Wittman, Anderson, Russo, Morris, Harding etc etc etc

We are fast becoming the recycled Hawks.

Surely this must be an april fools joke.

What would make us think that a defender that couldnt get a game for the Eagles while they are rock bottom is going to get a game for us.

shiiit the bed Hawthorn.

Have no idea why people on here would be so against him, it's irrelevant that the team he played for finished because KPD is something they had plenty of and most of all they are young and talented. This guy is 6ft4 and athletic and his greatest asset is his ability to spoil, he will be fantastic floating across as the 2nd man up.

Geee any help we can Gilham I will take, I agree Spangher isnt the answer to our prayers for a KPD but he may well be a very important figure going forward and being young he may also develop and surprise a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back