Nine Serves Up Fast4 Tennis

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont see the point of halving sets, maybe if they added double points for clean winners so we seen a fast paced attacking game it might work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah, thought that was Steve Smith in Hewitt's box

B7JWZB-CEAAYLEp.jpg

Seemed really quite pointless change from standard tennis. I don't see a future for it. It wasn't any faster or more attacking (like T20), just the sets were shorter which looked stupid and a couple of stupid rule changes. RF was struggling to adjust to the no let rule for example.

Watching the interview afterward, while it was of a higher standard than Channel s**t (7), the whole time I was having the same emotional experience as watching The Office

rickygervais-theoffi.jpg

Watching the interview afterward, while it was of a higher standard than Channel s**t (7), the whole time I was having the same emotional experience as watching The Office

rickygervais-theoffi.jpg
Agree the interview afterwards had it's awkward moments and weird questions yet at the same time it was more polished and less cringy than a ch7 interview...

Yeah, not really different to a normal tennis match. Especially because it was 5 sets so it essentially went as long as a normal 3 set victory might have gone for.

In a round robin format it could work, But I don't think the tennis world is crying out for some other, smaller format...are they?
Yeah was rubbish big deal lets play to 4 games:rolleyes:. if you are going to do it needs to be like the ITPL which worked well.

I gave it a go but I can't really see what it offers over traditional tennis. I was bored as I was expecting a quick game, but it dragged on just as long as a normal match.

Also, for some reason I found it annoying when Hewitt and Federer tried to lighten the mood or engage with the crowd. It felt a bit unnatural and the mics barely pick it up anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back