List Mgmt. NO DISCUSSION. Legit/Semi-legit trade/FA/draft rumours. Just post rumour and source.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok that's fair, but I tried to play an angle other than my true thoughts which are well known; he's a football moron who is too simplistic and can't think his way out of a problem. Great build, effective kick, good speed, shocking decision maker. Makes Tutt look like Sam Mitchell.
Fair enough Ha ha say what you really think. Not sure A big negating stopper needs to have the greatest skills, think of Prestigiacomo. However it is handy when they do have. Agree his decision making process at times is not great. My angle is that he has the bulk and negating ability to limit the Cloke, Tex, Tippett, Petrie types. I think he might get exposed against mobile bigs such as Buddy, Riewoldts, Roughead.

Walker had only kicked 1 goal up until his 60m bomb in the third quarter. Who's to say Talia would have done a better job? Seeing him in person getting torched by Kyle Hardingham in the magoos suggests he was miles away from stopping Walker.

Roberts and Hamling were fine and were certainly not the reason you guys lost.
What game were you watching? Roberts is a 3rd string backman, Tamling is more like a Wood type imo. Tex made Roberts look like a Barbie Doll. Talia at least has the mass to be able to contain someone like Tex.

Keep the thread but the mods delete all posts that do not conform to the following -

Is your post providing NEW information about a rumour?

Or is just it your OPINION about what has been said before?

In theory you should be able to go to this thread and find say 8 entries with 8 different rumours or 8 different pieces of information about a rumour that is NEW.

This thread should really be quite short in comparison to the other discussion thread.

Serious suggestion:

Since people can't help themselves why not allow a separate thread to be opened for every rumour or piece of news? It would contain both the rumour/news AND as much discussion as the incontinent would like. The thread could carry the category of "Rumour" or "News" as appropriate.

I mean we already have a 1000-post thread on the Carlisle rumour so why not allow that for others? Those of us who don't want to read the Carlisle discussion simply stay away from it. I know we'd have a heap of threads for a month or so but at least we'd be able to track new rumours/trade news without having to wade through pages of discussion of the merits of one player over another. In the end there'd probably only be half a dozen really active threads and the inactive/extinct ones could be merged, deleted or dumped into the megathread.

If you can't beat them, join them.
It'd render the main thread pretty much useless, and you've seen just how off topic and frankly, bad, the Carlisle thread is. I'd consider it closer to trade week though, but for now, I don't think it would work too well. There's just too much going on.

Keep the thread but the mods delete all posts that do not conform to the following -

Is your post providing NEW information about a rumour?

Or is just it your OPINION about what has been said before?

In theory you should be able to go to this thread and find say 8 entries with 8 different rumours or 8 different pieces of information about a rumour that is NEW.

This thread should really be quite short in comparison to the other discussion thread.
There have been 4 pages since my last warning on Friday. If that many posts need to be deleted, we'd close the thread instead, as it's clearly not going to change.

It'd render the main thread pretty much useless, and you've seen just how off topic and frankly, bad, the Carlisle thread is. I'd consider it closer to trade week though, but for now, I don't think it would work too well. There's just too much going on.

There have been 4 pages since my last warning on Friday. If that many posts need to be deleted, we'd close the thread instead, as it's clearly not going to change.
Another possible way to deal with it: we could leave it as it is and people can just look at the OP for the rumours. It may be a day or two behind at times, but surely it's preferable to trawling through the other thread for some and at least it keeps track of the information. If people continue to discuss, you could just let it happen, even though it's not ideal. The difference between this thread and the other thread could be that this one has the OP as a point of reference for people. Sorry for any problems I've caused you guys, I was just trying to make the actually relevant information from the other thread a bit more accessible.

Rumour: Peter Wright for our ('a' at this stage) 2015 second rounder and our 2016 first rounder.

Source: Me

- Saves him walking on GC at the end of next season

I heard a fairly scandalous rumour last night about a certain player on our list who missed selection for the first final. Apparently this player was so unhappy with missing selection that he divulged some club secrets (game plan, match-ups etc) to a direct relative playing for our opposition. This information was then very clearly turned over to Adelaide coaching staff, with our own coaching staff during the game amazed at how the Crows players seemed to know exactly what our players were up to, particularly in the first and second quarters.

Apparently the club, who are absolutely furious, have made a bit of noise to the AFL about this asking whether it was all above board and a fair move by Adelaide to have used this leaked information.

Said player, who has been heavily discussed in this thread of late, is a certainty to be off the list as a result.

An interesting story/rumour which I thought was worth a mention.

Rumour: Peter Wright for our ('a' at this stage) 2015 second rounder and our 2016 first rounder.

Source: Me

- Saves him walking on GC at the end of next season

Source:me = you made it up or you heard it yourself?

Topdog made a similar call about 100 pages back in the list management thread too. Although admittedly he has thrown quite a few darts at the board :$

If deal can be done this year he is more likely and sun will release to us for a first round selection and player but need to offer 4-5 deal to sign need to speak to his parents and his manager in the coming day's

I heard a fairly scandalous rumour last night about a certain player on our list who missed selection for the first final. Apparently this player was so unhappy with missing selection that he divulged some club secrets (game plan, match-ups etc) to a direct relative playing for our opposition. This information was then very clearly turned over to Adelaide coaching staff, with our own coaching staff during the game amazed at how the Crows players seemed to know exactly what our players were up to, particularly in the first and second quarters.

Apparently the club, who are absolutely furious, have made a bit of noise to the AFL about this asking whether it was all above board and a fair move by Adelaide to have used this leaked information.

Said player, who has been heavily discussed in this thread of late, is a certainty to be off the list as a result.

Hasn't been the first time this rumour has floated on this board. Not naming any names I think its a bit obvious who this might be if it is true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard that one as well.
Pretty piss poor

In the event that was true, surely the player in question would come under some heavy fine or afl suspension. It would be akin to gambling on games / match fixing. Do wonder how they were able to report on our ability to spray shots on goal so brilliantly. Maybe that's why they were so accurate, they knew we were going to miss! It's also an indictment on Adel if they could only just beat us while knowing our strategies and GAmeplan and U.S. kicking s**t

Pretty much useless "insider" word.
Bulldogs are talking to GCS. A lot. No further information granted, hence the label of "useless" above.

Almost certainly for pick 3
Months ago there was a rumour we were looking at Henry Schade.
Other have posted about Zac Smith (which would fit Dal's SEN comments about trading for a ruckman).
The reasons are wide and varied.

Months ago there was a rumour we were looking at Henry Schade.
Other have posted about Zac Smith (which would fit Dal's SEN comments about trading for a ruckman).
The reasons are wide and varied.
Yeah and I guess Petes Wright would be on the wish list. I'm glad we're looking to deal with them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back