Opinion Non-Crows AFL 9

Which team will finish the 2024 season higher ranked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your sense of humour 😆
Serious Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I get it. Expectation is high and not been delivered on thus far. I had expected you to be 1-1 at least, so 0-2 is disappointing.

I have been too scared to post… 😛 but I genuinely don’t think you’ve been that bad. Last week was bad, in terrible conditions etc. but you did well in the end to retrieve what was a disaster % wise into an almost win. Gave them two goals… the last quarter you ran over the top of them, a bit of composure at the end and you could have snuck it.

Friday was better in comparison, the second quarter frustrating as you were in control and just couldn’t create and take opportunities. Once you hit the front in the third, that was the time you could have pressed hard. Lost it there, if you were in touch at 3QT you would have run over them 👍

I could name a half dozen decent plays at least :p but maybe I’ve been desensitised after watching the last 2.5 years of WC, nothing seems too bad anymore.

If Matt is bold enough to make a few basic changes, things will improve quite quickly. Good chance this week. I have hope.

The Eagles transition the ball better than we do.
Might as well call their ball movement better than Collingwood and Brisbane while we are at it :drunk:

Also, I know this comment was after the 1st quarter, but maybe hold off until the end of the game before making bold statements like that (hint, 2nd quarter they were horrid).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Compare to Pendlebury who has played roughly 80% of his games at the MCG!
Pendlebury has played at a grand total of 11 grounds in his 380+ game career. Boak has played at 19 in 350. Sloane and Tex both 17 from 250.

Collingwood get a hell of a deal with fixturing.

Not sure how you guessed that, I was trying to be subtle 😝

It was an educated guess 😆

Honestly I don’t read the main board match day thread for our games. I don’t need to see other club’s (namely Fremantle) supporters rubbish. Our match day thread is more than enough lol.

There is a significant proportion of their supporter base who are, quite honestly, deranged. Their obsession with West Coast is unlimited. As one of their posters said in a visit to our GD thread on our board today, “they have never watched so many WCE matches before” - reference to us losing. I know of more than one, who seem to take greater pleasure in seeing us lose then them win. I guess it is nice that they can have some joy right now :)

They have the biggest chips on their shoulders, constantly claiming a conspiracy against them doing well in favour of WCE. The AFL is against them, the WAFC are against them, Channel 7 Perth are against them, The West Australian Newspaper are against them, so on and so on. When you have been an absolute mess like they have for their entire existence, I guess you need someone else to blame. They are the battlers, the true supporters who never leave early, always support their team blah blah.

I was hoping the COVID shutdown and financial implications would kill them (Fremantle the club) off, but no such luck :(

So in summary, they are most difficult to deal with and we just have to endure them. Hence why I am sure hoping for a nice Crows win this week!

Whilst I certainly want the AFC to make finals, in Fremantle’s case, there are no excuses anymore for them not to make it. This iteration of their list build has been going for ~3 years longer than the AFC’s, they should be well and truly more advanced. Will be interesting to see how the season unfolds overall.

I said it when the fixture was released and I'll say it again

This week's Good Friday night stand alone game is a master stroke and so good.

So good in fact, you can guarantee when the Victorians are sitting down after watching Carlton smash Kangaroos, they will all have a mass Victorian whinge about why no big Victorian club is playing Good Friday evening.

I hope our game against Freo is competitive and worthy of all the eyeballs they are going to get Friday night. And I hope that we and Freo go back to the AFL to make it a traditional stand alone fixture.

But if its a success, you can guarantee we'll lose it.

No, but that comment was based on one passage of play in the West Coast game. I'm sure I can find a few passages of play from us this year that have been good as well, doesn't mean it's been good as a whole.
We had a kick in -> goal passage against Geelong that was very good. Only one I can think of immediately.

It was an educated guess 😆

Honestly I don’t read the main board match day thread for our games. I don’t need to see other club’s (namely Fremantle) supporters rubbish. Our match day thread is more than enough lol.

There is a significant proportion of their supporter base who are, quite honestly, deranged. Their obsession with West Coast is unlimited. As one of their posters said in a visit to our GD thread on our board today, “they have never watched so many WCE matches before” - reference to us losing. I know of more than one, who seem to take greater pleasure in seeing us lose then them win. I guess it is nice that they can have some joy right now :)

They have the biggest chips on their shoulders, constantly claiming a conspiracy against them doing well in favour of WCE. The AFL is against them, the WAFC are against them, Channel 7 Perth are against them, The West Australian Newspaper are against them, so on and so on. When you have been an absolute mess like they have for their entire existence, I guess you need someone else to blame. They are the battlers, the true supporters who never leave early, always support their team blah blah.

I was hoping the COVID shutdown and financial implications would kill them (Fremantle the club) off, but no such luck :(

So in summary, they are most difficult to deal with and we just have to endure them. Hence why I am sure hoping for a nice Crows win this week!

Whilst I certainly want the AFC to make finals, in Fremantle’s case, there are no excuses anymore for them not to make it. This iteration of their list build has been going for ~3 years longer than the AFC’s, they should be well and truly more advanced. Will be interesting to see how the season unfolds overall.
Reminds me of another team closer to home.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back