Yup
Dysfunctional board
Club hemmoraging money
Useless onfield
New coach was an assistant at a contender
Sticking to boys club rather than best available candidate

All they need is their number 1 pick to turn out useless

I have an inkling Bolton will fail spectacularly
Same. Or that he needs time and Carlton are well from patient. The club is to used to getting things it's own way. Would be the first Hawthorn assistent to fail

Of course he needs time, anyone taking over a bottom four club needs heaps of time. Bolton seems to have the right attitude for these modern day pussy footballers. He will go well if Carlton do not sack him prematurely.

I have an inkling Bolton will fail spectacularly
So do I. Won 7 games with a side that coached itself and did so unimpressively.
The worse one is SOS. Going all in on all these kids who he drafted...

So do I. Won 7 games with a side that coached itself and did so unimpressively.
The worse one is SOS. Going all in on all these kids who he drafted...
Man i remember arguing this when people on here thought he should be in the mix for our succession plan

Feeling bloody sorry for Matt Scharenberg. Did his knee at training this morning and will require reco. Opposite knee to the one he had recod 12 months ago. Must he shattering. chronic injuries to both feet and knees now. hoping he gets back from it and plays good footy. Was keen on him in that draft

Feeling bloody sorry for Matt Scharenberg. Did his knee at training this morning and will require reco. Opposite knee to the one he had recod 12 months ago. Must he shattering. chronic injuries to both feet and knees now. hoping he gets back from it and plays good footy. Was keen on him in that draft
Due for a hip injury next?

Carlton 1st genuine mid at p23. No mids of real note in trade period and apart from Cripps, their existing future mid stocks were slim. How can you rebuild without mids?

Carlton 1st genuine mid at p23. No mids of real note in trade period and apart from Cripps, their existing future mid stocks were slim. How can you rebuild without mids?
I assume they've subscribed to the notion that decent mids can be picked up fairly easily in any draft/trade period but talls need more work and cost more in trades so get them when you can. A little like St. Kilda last year with McCartin>Petracca?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume they've subscribed to the notion that decent mids can be picked up fairly easily in any draft/trade period but talls need more work and cost more in trades so get them when you can. A little like St. Kilda last year with McCartin>Petracca?
I can understand that but it's a pretty big void given the options they had. Plowman more a defender and the other kids they traded for seem touch and go. McCartin made sense for Saints given their list just like Weitering for Blues, no argument there.

I just think their mid stocks are very underwhelming and whilst talls take time to develop individually, mids take time to develop as a group.

I can understand that but it's a pretty big void given the options they had. Plowman more a defender and the other kids they traded for seem touch and go. McCartin made sense for Saints given their list just like Weitering for Blues, no argument there.

I just think their mid stocks are very underwhelming and whilst talls take time to develop individually, mids take time to develop as a group.

Typical Carlton hijinks. I'd imagine their five year plan involves five #1 draft picks.

Typical Carlton hijinks. I'd imagine their five year plan involves five #1 draft picks.
haha true.

Feel sorry for Bolton, he seems like a decent sort of bloke.

They won't get the same chance they did with trading Menzel, Yarran & Henderson again. I thought maybe at least one decent early mid and trade in one decent young mid.

The other problem they might have is their pulling power if they are still struggling in a few tears. Will they get ant decent FAs?

I think your 5 yr plan is on the money.

Next year's draft is heavy on for midfielders at the top end, and Carlton probably expect to feature heavily again. I also expect they'll work on turning Curnow into a big bodied crash and bash midfielder.

RE: Carlton.. It was probably a combination of where the talent sat at their picks and a need to build a spine for the future. KP's take a lot longer to develop than others, so getting them all at once and developing them together ASAP might not be the worst idea. Mids are a dime a dozen, and they're likely going to have plenty of opportunity to secure top shelf mids at the draft in the next few years.

Also, Wylie Buzza is a pretty epic name. Glad he got drafted.

Good mids aren't a dime a dozen though and this is going to be an arduous process for them now to address that. The talls they got in the ND are completely understandable as they are at ground zero of a rebuild and none of those picks were bad picks from a drafting pov.

My comments are really on their total offseason as a whole.

Future drafts may be good on mids but they'll need to get quite a few IMO and it will be drip feed unless they do some more serious trading which I don't think they can afford. Those GWS acquisitions have a lot riding on them now.

Anyone seen that picture of Motlop floating around? i'm not sure if it's real or not, but if it is has been pretty lazy with his weight over the small break

Last edited:
At least have the decency to post it
Probably should have had the foresight to post, yet i didn't. Here it is
12308325_900212300091850_3118875171742987545_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back