Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

z6qwa33gj4tb1.jpg

Speaks volumes tbh...

Our ITK has just said that it's a family related scenario and Schultz himself doesn't want to leave the club.

So who knows, he may stay.
If it is really imperative that he return to Melbourne, I gotta wonder why he only nominated one club? It doesn't really make it easy for Freo.

It’s hard to comment too much on the Schultz trade request without knowing what the personal circumstances are that prompted the request. Him nominating a particular club who just happen to be the reigning premiers does invite suspicion of his motives though

Fremantle well within their rights to hold him to his contract and I’d actually like to see more clubs do it. Bell shouldn’t get too pious though as it’s not like Fremantle haven’t pursued players under contract to join them in the past

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lachie Schultz is a big loss for the purple team if he does go. His forward pressure and craft will be tough to replace.

His disposal is questionable, but his work ethic is top notch. High point of his career is right now.

Collingwood supposedly offering their R1 pick (19) for Schultz but Fremantle wanting more

Seems like a more than fair offer to me

What am I missing?

Collingwood supposedly offering their R1 pick (19) for Schultz but Fremantle wanting more

Seems like a more than fair offer to me

What am I missing?

Feathers

Somewhere between 4 and 6 spots.

+ maybe the Gresham compensation pick when it arrives.
McKay compo
North end of R1 compo
3 x GC academy matches
And isn't there a couple of other f/s and Swans academy matches?
Add Gresham and it could be 8 picks.

On the other hand if they hold him to his contract he leaves in a year anyway and seems unlikely to be getting a big contract to generate compo.

Take the money and run, Fremantle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back