Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

and it means we have nobody :(

We have Kath but she hides it so well that if you were to ask a supporter of another team who she supports I highly doubt they would know it is us.

Pav needs to be more like riccuito..loyalty
While I understand that you meant the media career it’s still a load of s**t.
There’s not many untouchables in Freo’s 30 year history, the Great Man is one of them and frankly anyone being petty about his media career and what he says can GAGF

There’s not many untouchables in Freo’s 30 year history, the Great Man is one of them and frankly anyone being petty about his media career and what he says can GAGF
I wouldn't take that comment too seriously 😉 but yes it's annoying how he doesn't want to give a iota of acknowledgement or credit to the dockers

Perfect case in point in our game last night and that absolute pillock of bloke derrrrr- Wayne

It’s so cringe and unprofessional .

It’s really one of the worst aspects of the bias that’s so inherent in our game

Is it such a “risk” to the AFL and their broadcasters bottom lines to have genuinely neutral and objective commentary for games?
A great commentator adds so much to the game. As a Welsh boy, my childhood sport (Rugby Union) was voiced by the late, great Bill McLaren. Even with his Scottish accent you'd never hear a partisan call from him. He was always a fan of the game, a wizard with words and, more importantly, silence. Used hyperbole when appropriate, and not too often to preserve its impact; in short, a genius that improved the viewing experience immensely. I hadn't arrived in Aus early enough to enjoy Cometti, but it sounds like he was similar. Unfortunately, the art of articulate journalism isn't as highly valued as it should be.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Take your tongue out of his ahole champ. No one is above reproach especially someone in the media.

I wouldn't take that comment too seriously 😉 but yes it's annoying how he doesn't want to give a iota of acknowledgement or credit to the dockers
He doesn’t have to and he owes club nothing. I quoted your comment because of the word loyalty and I took offence to that. Especially since those comments basically say that he doesn’t love or care for the club.

I couldn’t care less whether anyone in the media will talk us up and that includes past players. Pav’s happiness is clear as day when Freo win regardless of what Fox wants him to say

It's okay mate, you can love him as player and still criticise what he does in retirement.

Hasleby is a terrible pundit and that doesn't affect how much I loved him growing up.

It's okay mate, you can love him as player and still criticise what he does in retirement.

Hasleby is a terrible pundit and that doesn't affect how much I loved him growing up.
There’s a a big difference between them and although I agree in principle it was the use of the word loyalty in that particular comment that triggered me, as in he should be loyal like Ricciuto. Yeah nah mate.

And just to reiterate, I personally couldn’t care less what pundits say, and definitely don’t want Pav to be like Kane or Roo

There’s a a big difference between them and although I agree in principle it was the use of the word loyalty in that particular comment that triggered me, as in he should be loyal like Ricciuto. Yeah nah mate.

And just to reiterate, I personally couldn’t care less what pundits say, and definitely don’t want Pav to be like Kane or Roo
Perhaps loyalty wasn't the right word. But I'm sitting here watching the Weagles game, typing whatever came to my mind and so noticeable the stark contrast which pav talks about them compared to when he commentates for us...didn't realise it was so triggering lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Clohesy has started his career with a bang on GC wing

4 goals in 2 games, we were heavily linked with him, probably would have taken him in that rookie spot 2 picks after GC

That one really stings, coached by Mick B last year, so there was a link there

They are trying to generate a modicum of interest in the Derby. Fox (if it is the Fox game) know that nobody outside of the fans of both teams will watch and they want to change that.

The Weags have also been very good the last 2 weeks and as much as I hate them I have no problem Pav and the rest of the commentary praising them when it is warranted.
If we have been able to shut down the midfield and forward lines of the Lions, Crows, Power and Blues I think we can do it against the Eagles.

Perhaps loyalty wasn't the right word. But I'm sitting here watching the Weagles game, typing whatever came to my mind and so noticeable the stark contrast which pav talks about them compared to when he commentates for us...didn't realise it was so triggering lol
WC supporters employing Him...So He's doing everything to keep His job ...I guess...

Yeah...Listening to him never holding our side makes me really sad...Everybody else does it why he can not?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back